Explain your profile picture

Lofarl

Mine was a common gif I used in our Thistle group chat, during our decline and relegation from the Prem, usually posted any time were losing which was often. As we continued to be an absolute shambles I felt it appropriate to instate Jon Snow looking very miserable in bad weather as a permanent feature on here. 

Also a massive GoT fan despite the final season. 

Edited by thistledo

24 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

There’s something about @LincolnHeartsavatar I don’t like.  The guy looks Australian and therefore an arsehole.  Who is it?  The guy himself is a reasonable enough poster. Also @TheJTS98 having a messed up avatar really gets on my tits.  Or is that just on my end?

I always thought it was Alf (?) from Home and Away.

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I always thought it was Alf (?) from Home and Away.

So it is. Never seen the show, thought the avatar was some serial killer or something.

3E45A30E00000578-0-image-a-9_14895200882

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4313816/Home-Away-character-Alf-Stewart-plays-celebrant.html

Mine is helpfully captioned and it's John Burridge, before my time but I think I'd just been reading the story about getting his wife to chuck tangerines at him when they were watching the telly when I signed up. My lame ass name is what I got introduced as on a friend's radio show and I panicked thinking it'd be easier to change it later. Can't be arsed now 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

My avatar is Levon Helm, who is a hero. 

My signature is what the wonderful Robert Thomson produced in reply to an Arab who was disgusted that his team of full time pros could not beat the "stackshelfers" from Dumbarton. 

I see Pewdiepie in a top hat every time!

As a mobile user I've never seen anyone signatures. Do many people have them? 

Just now, SANTAN said:

I see Pewdiepie in a top hat every time!

As a mobile user I've never seen anyone signatures. Do many people have them? 

Disappointing that at least 1 poster has been associating me with that loser. 

Nah, signatures are a dying breed, I've just never bothered my arse to delete it. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Mine's the digital representation of the disembodied brain of a drug fuelled megalomaniac psychopath who was being manipulated by a massive corporation to subdue the population using superior technology. Seemed appropriate. 

I always thought it was the mirror from Shrek 🤷‍♂️

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My avatar is Levon Helm, who is a hero. 

My signature is what the wonderful Robert Thomson produced in reply to an Arab who was disgusted that his team of full time pros could not beat the "stackshelfers" from Dumbarton. 

Levon Helm, really? I thought it was Jimmy Hill.

My first profile pictures were just various pictures of Scottish Cup hero Liam Henderson. I then graduated to using pictures of various left wing poitical figures.

I've now changed my user name to different characters from The Wire television series. Season 2's representative is Francis 'Frank' Sobotka played by the actor Chris Bauer. He is a Polish-American Treasurer/Secretary of the Baltimore branch of the International Brotherhood of Stevedores Union.