Explain your profile picture

Lofarl

Charlie Adam getting pished on the greatest drink in the world.

My avatars were previously Jocky Scott, Barry Smith, Neil McCann pissing Tommy Wright off and James McPake looking smug. These are separate images, but the sentence runs and paints a glorious picture in your head so I'm leaving it.

Edited by Ludo*1

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Mine displays the structure for a Carbon 60 molecule consisting of 20 hexagons and 12 pentagons. 

There is some connection with football but I have forgotten what it was.

Yeah, it's a complete mystery.

C60a.png

I used to work in agriculture, and my avatar is a fantastically bad tempered ram I found living on a croft that's called, genuinely, Grumpy Gordon. He's my spirit animal.

I chose to use my real name on here partly because it's, well, what I'm called, and partly because I had a theory I would be less of a dick if I used it. Sadly this does not seem to have been a successful strategy.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

I can't say I pay much attention to people's avatars, but it's a bit jarring when one of the regulars changes theirs. Like walking into a room and noticing something's moved; you've no idea where it was before, but it's different now and you just don't like it.

I struggle to remember people if I only know them by name and can't put a face or voice to it. Good friends I've known for 20 years have told me about their parents and siblings but because I've never met them I can never remember their names, and which story belongs to which person. It's even worse on here when it's not a real name.

Online I mostly recognise people by their avatar, which, to me, is effectively their face. But even then I'll sometimes find myself mid-conversation with someone before I remember that I've chatted with them loads of times. It's just one of the ways in which my brain doesn't work. So when folk change their avatar they can easily become a stranger to me.

6 hours ago, Lofarl said:

There’s a few people who for some reason I think are total bellends solely based on the picture they use or their stupid signature.  

Name them. 

My own avatar is the hottest show in town. 

Ian Curtis. Joy Division are one of my favourite bands, so nothing controversial really. I think I've had it almost since joining P&B. It did once provoke a total meltdown from WaffenThinMint who decided I was obviously a Nazi then had a several page meltdown about it whilst raging at me and several other posters, the fucking weirdo.

7 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

My avatar is Billy Joel's piano man album cover. 

My mum had the record and it always made me feel uneasy to see it. Still gives me the creeps.  

220px-Billy_Joel_-_Piano_Man.jpg

Ahahaha I genuinely thought it was that Billy Eilish girl. My respect for you has went up since discovering it's not.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

I used to work in agriculture, and my avatar is a fantastically bad tempered ram I found living on a croft that's called, genuinely, Grumpy Gordon. He's my spirit animal.

I chose to use my real name on here partly because it's, well, what I'm called, and partly because I had a theory I would be less of a dick if I used it. Sadly this does not seem to have been a successful strategy.

I struggle to remember people if I only know them by name and can't put a face or voice to it. Good friends I've known for 20 years have told me about their parents and siblings but because I've never met them I can never remember their names, and which story belongs to which person. It's even worse on here when it's not a real name.

Online I mostly recognise people by their avatar, which, to me, is effectively their face. But even then I'll sometimes find myself mid-conversation with someone before I remember that I've chatted with them loads of times. It's just one of the ways in which my brain doesn't work. So when folk change their avatar they can easily become a stranger to me.

^^^

Crazy man, I've seen Gordon on Twitter because he has close to the same username and the exact same profile picture. A rookie move. 

My avatar is just Dave. 

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I changed mine from Fife hunk Jim Leishman to Olympic hunk and Tongas finest export Pita Taufatofua.

Screenshot_20210723-135929.jpg

^^^ Saw the thread and was embarrassed by his avatar.

Mine is Zander Fagerson of Glasgow Warriors, Scotland and the British and Irish Lions telling us everything is going to be OK.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

^^^ Saw the thread and was embarrassed by his avatar.

Mine is Zander Fagerson of Glasgow Warriors, Scotland and the British and Irish Lions telling us everything is going to be OK.

Changed it for the opening at the Olympics m9.

Happy to arrange a fight between our avatars and their maws if you want?