Pick'em 2022

Reluctant Hero

What's up everybody?  With the NFL season just around the corner, the Pick'em site is now up and running again.

I have re-instated the Pie and Bovril League, just a reminder it is a spread league and the password is scotland (all lower case).  The ESPN layout looks a lot different this year, not sure I like it, but the game will be the same.

Congrats again to last year's winner bwalsh67, who made a final week comeback of epic proportions to narrowly edge out Die Hard Doonhamer on the tie-breaker.

Link to ESPN Pick'em

Hope you all make it to Week 1

• 3 weeks later...

Almost forgot about it, only realised after the game on Thursday night kicked off. No major damage done so in for more punishment this year.

The new layout is absolutely awful, is there any way to go back to the old layout at all?

Also noted a distinct lack of imagination with the team names this year, highly disappointing.

2 weeks down and no one with a positive score yet.

If you had went with the Wisdom of the Crowd (the most popular selection) you would be sitting at 15-17. I might keep a eye on it for comparison.

WotC 

Overall 15-17

Wk1 7-9

Wk2 8-8

Another tough week - three people scored the top score of 9.

Because the worst week is dropped, and because the top score last week was 8, these three people are now top the league.

There is a long way to go though - so get your picks in for week 3.

I was just part of the crowd this week with 8-8.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2021 at 10:54, Namond Brice said:

If you had went with the Wisdom of the Crowd (the most popular selection) you would be sitting at 15-17. I might keep a eye on it for comparison.

WotC 

Overall 15-17

Wk1 7-9

Wk2 8-8

Wk3 9-7

Week 3 is a winning week for the WotC. 24-24 overall, 17-15 with the worst week removed.

On 21/09/2021 at 10:54, Namond Brice said:

WotC 

Overall 15-17

Wk1 7-9

Wk2 8-8

Wk3 9-7

Wk 7-9

Tough week for the WotC.

Overall score is 24-24, minus the worst week.

Great week for Spread Picks and The Lichtie Giants with 12 correct each, taking them to first and second in the league respectively.

Honourable mention to ESPNFAN39480111 who got 11 correct as nobody else reached double figures.

Onto week 5 and we are passing the quarter way point in the season already - doesn't it just fly!