The Rock v The Diamonds 7/8/21

3 hours ago, Sonsrock said:

Stag’s then Bangin Pizza on way down the road  
Sorted.

I'll pass on the Stags, it's a toilet.

Looking like the bowling green at the Castle, under £3 a pint & you can't smell the "Gents" as you walk in. 

On 04/08/2021 at 10:17, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I agree, I think you may see a very different Airdrie and much improved performance on Saturday. 

This is where they stand up and be counted and react to that horror show v Montrose. 

That’s the essence of Ian Murray’s Airdrie isn’t it? Dung one week (especially at home) and much improved the week after (especially away). I expect him to stick with the 3-5-2 just now but given it’s Ian Murray who the f**k really knows? I imagine Easton will start and Wardrop will be back in if fit. With Smith signing he may well come into the squad also, especially if Salim is out after his knock last weekend. Wouldn’t surprise me if he went for something like a 4-3-3 to try and fit Gal, Salim and Smith all in either. 

With all the ex players on show I’ll be disappointed* if one of them scores and doesn’t do an Adebayor like celebration. 

*It will definitely be Eoghan Stokes so I’ll still be disappointed. 

On 03/08/2021 at 00:03, fifer said:

I don' t understand why the restrictions that are being applied at Bayview would not be the same at Dumbarton.   Due to red zones and social distancing the capacity at Bayview has been reduced to 320.  On Saturday we could only accomodate season ticket holders who confirmed that they wanted to attend and handful of QP fans.

I could be wrong but I think it’s still the local authorities who are applying their own rules/restrictions at the moment so it could well be that Fife and WDC have different rules and capacity restrictions. 

9 hours ago, airdrieman said:

*It will definitely be Eoghan Stokes so I’ll still be disappointed. 

Unlikely he'll see any action unless we've picked up injuries, Faz has favoured playing wingers and strikers in the 10 over using Stokes, he's a tidy enough player just seems to want an age on the ball. Buchanan is more of a threat with Joe McKee around.

10 hours ago, GordyBrow said:

I can confirm that you will be talking to at least one person.

11 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We are. I'm really not sure if we'll just be talking into an abyss with fans being allowed in, but here we are.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5028

Maybe we could incorporate 'shout outs' for the small online audience? 😉

Edited by Boghead ranter

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Maybe we could incorporate 'shout outs' for the small online audience? 😉

Just turn it into a personal conversation.

"David our viewer today, will be pleased with the shift Dylan Easton's put in. He's been everywhere."

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How to kill an erection? Announce Joe McKee is out injured :(

That is a real blow. I spoke to Joe on the way out of Broadwood and he was pretty confident it wasn't going to keep him out this week, so I really had my hopes up.

On the plus side, it's not like if this had happened in his first season where we had no other options. We don't have anyone with the quality McKee has, but I'm confident that Conner Duthie can come in and cause problems as he did last week.

Looking at the squad we even have Stokes, Norway or potentially even wee Callum Wilson who could possibly do a job in that #10 role. I'd like to see Duthie there given how he's performed so far this season though.

2 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

I'LL BE WATCHING JAN..SO THATS 2!!!

Yas!

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That is a real blow. I spoke to Joe on the way out of Broadwood and he was pretty confident it wasn't going to keep him out this week, so I really had my hopes up.

On the plus side, it's not like if this had happened in his first season where we had no other options. We don't have anyone with the quality McKee has, but I'm confident that Conner Duthie can come in and cause problems as he did last week.

Looking at the squad we even have Stokes, Norway or potentially even wee Callum Wilson who could possibly do a job in that #10 role. I'd like to see Duthie there given how he's performed so far this season though.

Yas!

Aye, I'm fine with McLean, Hopkirk and Duthie in behind Orsi - they were all comfortable interchanging with each other last week. Would like to see what Syvertsen can do playing off the wing though.