The Rock v The Diamonds 7/8/21

3 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Quite clear for me after watching the highlights that MacLean's tripped Wardrop and conned the ref by feigning an injury. It's still a bit clumsy from Wardrop to commit there on a booking when we've got a fairly comfortable 2-0 lead, but he's really not done anything wrong. Ultimately we should be doing much much more to hold onto a 2-0 lead with 10 men and I thought Murray's subs were very poor in that regard.

I know still images are generally a very poor way of judging a challenge in football but this being the moment of contact quite clearly shows MacLean sticking his leg out as Wardrop runs by him to the side. Really poor decision.

B2186DE9-299F-4A65-8B41-26D160C1A57A.jpeg

I'd say the main point of this debate is that nothing is clear. Even when slowed right down it isn't obvious. Do you really think he was only booked because Maclean exaggerated how hurt he was??

This was no clearer than the penalty award you guys got in your favour - which also looked a bit soft and resulted in a booking but additionally a penalty and goal for you guys.

They just about even themselves out as both could have been given or not on another day.

I've let this rumble on and (hopefully) settle down a wee bit now.....

I can only echo what others have said, we really were in control of that up until the sending off, I don't think that's in doubt.  The penalty, I cant deny, its soft but show me a fan who wouldn't be shouting for that and i'll show you a liar, Similarly with the sending off, if that happens against you, you'd be absolutely screaming for a second booking.  I can't complain too much, we know what officiating id like at this level, it shouldn't come as a surprise when there's strange/soft decisions made.  What I can be annoyed about is Murrays lack of composure, wrong substitutions, and lack of game management.  I always like to give a manager at least 1 full round of games before forming an opinion on that particular squad assembled, but that on Saturday was a joke, not the refereeing, not the performance (which for 60% of the game was decent btw) but solely Murrays (lack of) management of the situation.  I've said in the games I've seen him, I just don't fancy Wardrop at all and hindsight is a wonderful thing but to me he looks really poor.

Massive game this week, not only to try and get a win on the board and prove we can compete, but another defeat or ANY tactical slip up by Murray will bring some very harsh criticism.

6 hours ago, FifeSons said:

8B368942-40AE-4009-AE74-BD420C6C5478.thumb.png.069417a193577dc205089cf097fe356e.png

I know you were only out to bait,  but think this is hugely ironic given as Dumbarton FC facilitate Rangers and their Colts in their bid  to sneak into the leagues - which I may add, I hope fails miserably.  Did shake my head when I saw the big Rangers scoreboard under your stand on Saturday.  But there you go. Must be desperate.

PS If only we played like Malmo with 10 men...

PPS Assuming Goldson must have watched a clip of MacLean going down on Saturday...(lets not start that one again....)

1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

I know you were only out to bait,  but think this is hugely ironic given as Dumbarton FC facilitate Rangers and their Colts in their bid  to sneak into the leagues - which I may add, I hope fails miserably.  Did shake my head when I saw the big Rangers scoreboard under your stand on Saturday.  But there you go. Must be desperate.

PPS Assuming Goldson must have watched a clip of MacLean going down on Saturday...(lets not start that one again....)

Celtic colts play at our stadium.

1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

You won't find many Sons fans who approve of our board's decision.