The Rock v The Diamonds 7/8/21

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Exactly. It was the most obvious second yellow you'll see all day long. I really don't understand anyone saying Wardrop was unlucky.

Murray's a legend, but he was being a total fanny yesterday.

So obvious that it wasn't even a foul. Never went through the back of him. As the photo shows, he went past him and your player did a Neymar. He had more rolls than a burger van. 

Screenshot_20210808_113634_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That’s quite the interview from Gabby McGill…

“We need to be seeing off these teams”

”even before the red card we need to be 3 or 4 goals ahead”

Calm doon mate, you’ve signed for Airdrie, not 1994 Ajax.

Yeah I was quite concerned by this too. I’m hoping it’s just come across badly and he’s meant we need to be winning these games comfortably when we’re clearly in control, like we were before the sending off. For all the control we had we still didn’t really create too many clear chances, which is something we’ve struggled with in every game so far.

If it is a case of thinking we can turn up and beat any team in this like then that’s a bit of a concern, as no one in this league is capable of that and we got a pretty big lesson in that last week. I do think it is the former given our performance before the sending off but yeah, not great wording at all.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Nevermind second yellows, that’s a straight red for that honking patter.

It's not lies though is it. Your player was embarrassing, rolling about like he'd been shot when he hadn't even been touched. He played for the foul and then your whole team hounded the ref chasing a sending off. 

Now that's honking. 

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

It's not lies though is it. Your player was embarrassing, rolling about like he'd been shot when he hadn't even been touched. He played for the foul and then your whole team hounded the ref chasing a sending off. 

Now that's honking. 

If this all makes you feel better about yesterday's result then you let it out. There's absolutely nothing wrong in 'playing for a foul'. Heck just 10 minutes earlier Gabby McGill "played for a foul" and won a penalty that put you lot two goals up. 

If I was in your shoes I'd be far more concerned about the way my team caved in from a dominant position after going down to 10 men. But we're all different.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If this all makes you feel better about yesterday's result then you let it out. There's absolutely nothing wrong in 'playing for a foul'. Heck just 10 minutes earlier Gabby McGill "played for a foul" and won a penalty that put you lot two goals up. 

If I was in your shoes I'd be far more concerned about the way my team caved in from a dominant position after going down to 10 men. But we're all different.

I'm commenting purely on the incident, not the result. He played for it and got it, even though there was no contact. The rest of your team hounding the ref to book him again was just poor. In saying that, if it goes the other way I'm delighted. That's football. 

As for McGill, there was contact, so it was a penalty. Simple as. Last man too so keeper could've even been sent off. 

Result wise, it's poor that would still couldn't hang on to win, but not unsurprising. Yesterday was a huge improvement on the week before, up until the sending off. We will need a similar improvement to get a result against Falkirk next week. Can we do it? I'm not convinced yet. 

9 hours ago, Ayr Diamond said:

Your the only fanny on here ya bead rattling bedwetter.

Amusing you assume I’m catholic just because I called out the minority of far right bigots in your support.

ETA mods, why has this sectarian comment not been deleted?

Edited by FifeSons

46 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Now that's honking. 

Lol get a grip.

49 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

There's a lot of referees who would give that as a foul against the Dumbarton player, certainly from this view. Some would argue the Dumbarton player is protecting the ball, I'd say he's obstructed the Airdrie player from getting there first.

That said, I can see why a referee who is presumably the other side of the play would give it.

8 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Now that's honking. 

Your own manager admits Wardrop was daft and should've known better on a booking. 

As for the sportsmanship stuff, I think I'll pass on any lectures from fans who have cheered on c***s like Paul Lovering, who would've carried out any trick in the book to get his granny sent off. Dry yer eyes.

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Amusing you assume I’m catholic just because I called out the minority of far right bigots in your support.

ETA mods, why has this sectarian comment not been deleted?

That's probably why your bigoted post was removed, bedwetter.

11 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Doesn’t matter if he’s entitled to go for it. If he gets it wrong, it’s a clear foul and second yellow.

Only a caution of its deemed reckless. I didn’t think it was, that’s the point.

I don’t see much wrong with the Gabby McGill interview really. It’s a 2 minute interview, probably less than hour after the game, on a club’s own media channel which means it’s essentially guaranteed to be full of cliches and lip service regardless of what he says. Every club’s is the same. You’re not going to get much in the way of context or insight. Stevie Farrell used to be bad for it as well on Stranraer’s funnily enough. Not something worth getting annoyed about (nor are any of the other decisions made in this game TBH). And besides, he’s right. We should have seen out the game. 

20 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I don’t see much wrong with the Gabby McGill interview really. It’s a 2 minute interview, probably less than hour after the game, on a club’s own media channel which means it’s essentially guaranteed to be full of cliches and lip service regardless of what he says. Every club’s is the same. You’re not going to get much in the way of context or insight. Stevie Farrell used to be bad for it as well on Stranraer’s funnily enough. Not something worth getting annoyed about (nor are any of the other decisions made in this game TBH). And besides, he’s right. We should have seen out the game. 

Clumsily phrased I think more than anything - in a week of hopping up and down cause some guy didn’t like Dunbarton’s tweet, maybe need to learn to chill out a bit themselves… we’re no all out to get you.

It’s frustrating  as we should have closed it out. He’s spot on. 

There’s nothing that can be drawn now on how things will play out over the course of a season. No need for the permarage this early on 🤣

Edited by She who dares gins

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

I think it's the "we should be seeing off THESE teams" that rankles a bit. Given that we've spent much of the last 10 years achieving more than Airdrie have, it's going to sting a bit when someone suggests we should be a walkover. We've had a pish few seasons which probably made a few folk view as relegation fodder again this year but I think we've shown over the last 2 weeks that we're capable of causing problems for anyone in this league. At 2-0 I agree though, you should see it out and poor choices from Wardrop and Murray cost you 2 points. 

3 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Smart play - is that the same as Sterling and Kane being streetwise…

You'll note your own manager asks Sam to use his experience there in his comments. I could do without McLean rolling around in pain if I'm totally honest, but his play to win the foul was smart and gave the ref a decision to make. I don't blame the rest of the team for reminding Bazza Cook that Wardrop was on a booking, I was fucking screaming it at him myself :lol:

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think it's the "we should be seeing off THESE teams" that rankles a bit. Given that we've spent much of the last 10 years achieving more than Airdrie have, it's going to sting a bit when someone suggests we should be a walkover. We've had a pish few seasons which probably made a few folk view as relegation fodder again this year but I think we've shown over the last 2 weeks that we're capable of causing problems for anyone in this league. At 2-0 I agree though, you should see it out and poor choices from Wardrop and Murray cost you 2 points. 

You'll note your own manager asks Sam to use his experience there in his comments. I could do without McLean rolling around in pain if I'm totally honest, but his play to win the foul was smart and gave the ref a decision to make. I don't blame the rest of the team for reminding Bazza Cook that Wardrop was on a booking, I was fucking screaming it at him myself :lol:

Aye - I just think it’s funny how we all change the language when it’s our own side. I’m useless on this app and made a hash of stringing threads together so might have deleted this comment by mistake 🤣

Edited by She who dares gins

Quite clear for me after watching the highlights that MacLean's tripped Wardrop and conned the ref by feigning an injury. It's still a bit clumsy from Wardrop to commit there on a booking when we've got a fairly comfortable 2-0 lead, but he's really not done anything wrong. Ultimately we should be doing much much more to hold onto a 2-0 lead with 10 men and I thought Murray's subs were very poor in that regard.

I know still images are generally a very poor way of judging a challenge in football but this being the moment of contact quite clearly shows MacLean sticking his leg out as Wardrop runs by him to the side. Really poor decision.

B2186DE9-299F-4A65-8B41-26D160C1A57A.jpeg