Geoguessr

Karpaty Lviv

Anyone play? https://www.geoguessr.com

You get dropped in a random Google Maps location in the world and you have to figure out exactly where you are. I’m pretty shite at it but love watching Youtubers play it. I’m quite knowledgeable on European geography and languages, I can read Cyrillic which helps for the eastern bloc. Think it’s like £3 a month to unlock all sorts of different maps. Great way to spend a few hours. 

All the Wetherspoons is a depressing look at life in Modern Britain.

All the Wetherspoons - Map - GeoGuessr

24,775 was my top score in 10 minutes as I piss around god forsaken town centres looking for road signs telling me where I am.

• 3 months later...

Just started playing this a few days ago. There's a free (crowdfunded) version called geotastic which is pretty much identical.

The knowledge and skill some people have is unbelievable in this game. I understand how they'd learn road markings of major countries etc. but identifying individual islands in the middle of the Pacific based on one house or the colour of dirt at the side of the road is mental.

On 04/11/2021 at 09:07, charger29 said:

Just started playing this a few days ago. There's a free (crowdfunded) version called geotastic which is pretty much identical.

The knowledge and skill some people have is unbelievable in this game. I understand how they'd learn road markings of major countries etc. but identifying individual islands in the middle of the Pacific based on one house or the colour of dirt at the side of the road is mental.

Aye, knowing the colour scheme of road bollards is a bit too far for me.