Strathclyde Demolition Cup 2021-22

6 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Let's take two Glasgow clubs and play the final 40 miles away in Ayrshire..

You can take the clubs out the Juniors but..........

A Junior mentality is thinking fans won't want to travel more than 15 minutes to see their team in a cup final. By the sounds of it, Buffs ground seems an excellent place to play a final.

Edited by jimbaxters

A Junior mentality is thinking fans won't want to travel more than 15 minutes to see their team in a cup final. By the sounds of it, Buffs ground seems an excellent place to play a final.
And it's not even close to 40 miles from Glasgow.

3 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

You could be forgiven for thinking Drumchapel were the Super Premier team watching that.

Sitting top of their Conference. Might well see how they handle the WoS Premier next season. Hopefully they can get their ground up to a better standard to match their on the field performances.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:
31 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

You could be forgiven for thinking Drumchapel were the Super Premier team watching that.

What is this "Super Premier" you talk of ?

I think you know what I mean, but deflect from your team taking a doing all you want :)

28 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

I think you know what I mean, but deflect from your team taking a doing all you want :)

Lol, if you've read my comments above and the match report in the Sunday Mail you'll see no hint of my trying to deflect from the fact that Drumchapel were by far the better team on the day.

And of course I knew what you mean, "Super Premier" is such a 2019 term though. 🤣

Edited by glensmad

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The passive aggression of picking posters up on any wee mistake gets worse on here. Ok, so they said "Super Prem" which was the name of a Junior league. Big deal. 

It was a bit of fun, lighten up.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The passive aggression of picking posters up on any wee mistake gets worse on here. Ok, so they said "Super Prem" which was the name of a Junior league. Big deal. 

You mean like you and yer comrades if the party line gets called out ffs

JB not so long ago you were the spelling police on here highlighting every spelling mistake so pot kettle springs to mind.

19 minutes ago, catakoom said:
4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

JB not so long ago you were the spelling police on here highlighting every spelling mistake so pot kettle springs to mind.

Did I? Don't recall that tbh. Which words were they?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Fredeye said:

I've been enjoying going to these cup games and seen some cracking ties.

But why on earth is the final on a Friday in Kilwinning?

It's the same night as Killie vs Arbroath too, I expect a very poor crowd.

Priority for the final venue was given to the clubs who took part in the competition. Kilwinning were the only club who took part who applied to host the final.