Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

That was bad. Really, Really Bad.

That isn’t something getting decided on a weekly basis.  We only have one and he’s out injured,  signing a 2nd one isn’t required when you can just play wingers there instead according to grant.

Wilson isn't really a defensive midfielder, and using him as one would be a bit of a waste. 

The closest we have to a defensive midfielder is Pybus or Allan, we've fucked up our summer business. 

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

That was bad. Really, Really Bad.

That isn’t something getting decided on a weekly basis.  We only have one and he’s out injured,  signing a 2nd one isn’t required when you can just play wingers there instead according to grant.

I’m just raging as I’ve bet on you - but yeah, as I said last week it couldn’t be more obvious playing such an unbalanced side isn’t going to work. 

Anyway, the talk of not being able to tell how good Partick are is harsh, if nothing else there game management in the second half was really good. 

We had a brief flurry after the interval, they changed there shape to deal with that and took the sting out the game at the correct moments, little things like putting the ball out for Doherty to not receive treatment etc. They looked a good solid outfit who will feel justifiably confident after how much they just pumped us. 

On the other hand we need big changes. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m just raging as I’ve bet on you - but yeah, as I said last week it couldn’t be more obvious playing such an unbalanced side isn’t going to work. 

Is there a reason you wouldn’t bet on your own team? Or do you not have much confidence in hopkin 

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I didn't realise some Partick fans held such a grudge against Dunfermline, some, that's a bit different. 

Well beaten today, next two games against Rangers and Raith could be scary bad really. 

Not really, Grant. Just enjoying a bit of payback for the cup game. 🥒

1 minute ago, John MacLean said:

That was fun.

I think we have a winner in the whose the shittest centre back competition from earlier in the week.

Step forward, while trying to avoid slipping and putting the ball into your own net, Ross Graham.

He was dreadful.   Terrible last week and we’ve stuck with them.  We were bad all over the pitch, but he managed to still stand out as being especially shit.

Only got 3 others we can play ahead of him, one being an international...

2 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Also Harry Stone >>> (lots more '>' s) >>> Jamie Sneddon. 

This is my main takeaway. Didn't think we were quite as comfortable at 2-0 as a lot of people did, think both Graham and Rudden struggled to give us an out ball. 

Smith was very good when he came on and Turner coming in off the right made the 442 work in the first half. 

Helped by the Dunfermline keeper being a diddy admittedly. 

I'd assume that's the first time we've won our first two league games since the last time we won this league. 2 week break probably not ideal but if we can get a winger and full back in of a decent standard I think that will give us a more balanced squad. 

10 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Is there a reason you wouldn’t bet on your own team? Or do you not have much confidence in hopkin 

To win the league?!

Because generally you bet to win, and I hadn’t drank copious amount of absinthe before placing it. 

It’s an each way bet, and didn’t really think there would be any way Dunfermline would be worse than third, still very early though if they can address their balance issues!

A brilliant result away from home for us. We were impressive going forward, albeit helped by Dunfermline’s numerous errors at the back. The midfield and defensive coped well I thought and Stone was impressive today. 

15 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

This is my main takeaway. Didn't think we were quite as comfortable at 2-0 as a lot of people did, think both Graham and Rudden struggled to give us an out ball. 

Smith was very good when he came on and Turner coming in off the right made the 442 work in the first half. 

I'd assume that's the first time we've won our first two league games since the last time we won this league. 2 week break probably not ideal but if we can get a winger and full back in of a decent standard I think that will give us a more balanced squad. 

Thought we were poor in midfield to start off but when you look at how deep McCall told our defence to sit then that was partly why. What I’m really really happy with is McCall learned from the first game and there was clearly a plan in place to not let them get in behind our defence again. 

Again that’s no where near going to be our best performance this season but we’ve scored 6 in 2 games and Kyle Turner getting 2 assists made my day after him getting booed with every touch. 

GIRUY Dunfermline 😂

Edited by Thistle4eva

17 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Think we areAt Arbroath next week?

45 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I didn't realise some Partick fans held such a grudge against Dunfermline, some, that's a bit different.

My grudge against Dunfermline began the moment they decided they had a monopoly on audio commentary. Proper Tin Pot Dictator behaviour that.