Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

23 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

It looks like they’re blocking off 2 seats either side, plus the seats directly in front/behind and seats either side of the seat directly in front/behind. Because of this, if someone books a single seat, another 10 seats are blocked off (2 to left, 2 to right, 3 in row in front, 3 in row behind). That means people booking individual tickets use up 11 seats (10 seats blocked off). Groups of 2 would take up 14 seats (12 seats blocked off). Because of this, getting more than 2,000 would be incredibly challenging. Below images are taken to show the number of seats blocked off by booking single/double seats.

This isn’t any criticism of people who book single seats or book for 2. I’d imagine the majority of people fall into that category. It’s just to highlight why a capacity increase isn’t really possible, with current restrictions.

Went to the cinema the other day. They use exactly the same spacing. Hopefully it will change on 9 August.

We've just been grated a 3,500 (44% of total capacity) crowd for Saturday.
Apply that to EEP and you get a figure of 5,050. Even if you're not opening the away stand you could surely apply for a similar number to us 
They dont seem arsed about getting more than 2k in or that's the impression I've got anyway.

On 01/08/2021 at 00:25, parsforlife said:

Breen in for graham please.

See partick went with bell again today. Definitely an area we can exploit.  Tho ball retention needs to be much better from us if we are to do that.

That would be delicious, We can exploit Breen whilst you try exploit Bell lol

I thought Mayo was OK. Nothing more nothing less.

Got played as a defensive midfielder quite a bit, not a good enough footballer to play there. Didn't think he was dominant as a CB either but I can't remember loads of mistakes he made there either, I'm sure somebody could correct me on that though.

In terms of Rhys Breen, I noticed he played 4 games for Partick, so not too concerned about the poster above judgement of him. He played a good few more games at Championship level after Partick and did well by all accounts at QOS. Never seen him play yet,  so will give a 21 year old a bit of time before making judgement.

More than likely, i thought he was meant to have done ok at Dunfermline is that untrue?

He did ok in midfield and at RB for us (covered there when Comrie was injured). But was a complete liability at centre half. Got sent off away to QoS in his first game there for 2 needless yellows, having been caught out of position multiple times. Second game he played there, we got pumped 5-1 by Raith. Think he also played CB in the game Arbroath scored 3 at East End.

Was far from the worst player in our team, but was one of the worst to play CB for us last season.

Rhys Breen looked worse for us than Lewis Mayo did at centre half, and he was playing at a lower level. He appears to have done fine at Queen of the South, so fair play to him, but I certainly wouldn't have been thrilled if we'd brought him back. 
This isn't shite centre halfs top trumps.

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I thought Mayo was OK. Nothing more nothing less.

Got played as a defensive midfielder quite a bit, not a good enough footballer to play there. Didn't think he was dominant as a CB either but I can't remember loads of mistakes he made there either, I'm sure somebody could correct me on that though.

In terms of Rhys Breen, I noticed he played 4 games for Partick, so not too concerned about the poster above judgement of him. He played a good few more games at Championship level after Partick and did well by all accounts at QOS. Never seen him play yet,  so will give a 21 year old a bit of time before making judgement.

I thought Breen was ok in the games he played. He was a bit raw, but don’t remember him making many mistakes.

Given that Mayo is 21 and this is his third season in a row being loaned to the championship its pretty clear he's unlikely to succeed in Govan, however hopefully he'll be fine with us. Meh is definitely an upgrade on O'Ware and McGinty which was our centre back partnership 2 seasons ago. 

Mayo is an upgrade on your CB pairing in the League cup game. He definitely is not a CM despite what Stevie Crawford might tell you.

Looking forward to Saturday for a host of obvious reasons. But also should be fun to watch two teams with decent attacking talent who can't defend.

Edited by par-adise

Anyone heard any rumours about tickets taken by season ticket holders yet? Got mine but might have a pal to go with on Sat if any go on  general sale! [emoji482]

They’re on general sale now. Looks to still be a few hundred available.

23 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Anyone heard any rumours about tickets taken by season ticket holders yet? Got mine but might have a pal to go with on Sat if any go on  general sale! 🍻

General sale start this morning for non ST holders