Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

50 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I didn't realise some Partick fans held such a grudge against Dunfermline, some, that's a bit different. 

Well beaten today, next two games against Rangers and Raith could be scary bad really. 

No actual grudges (apart from your audio asphyxiation today...).

We are geographically pretty remote, never seem to be in the same league for long (if at all). Can only think of the year we went up to the Premiership and you  succumbed to M@sterton's tenureship was coming to an end when there was even a hint of a title chase between the sides. Barely played each other in the top flight in the last 40 years.

19 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

No actual grudges (apart from your audio asphyxiation today...).

We are geographically pretty remote, never seem to be in the same league for long (if at all). Can only think of the year we went up to the Premiership and you  succumbed to M@sterton's tenureship was coming to an end when there was even a hint of a title chase between the sides. Barely played each other in the top flight in the last 40 years.

10 of the 21 seasons since the turn of the century in the same league. But as you said, rarely a title (or relegation) challenge between us other than the 12/13 season.

Two fairly similar clubs (size-wise) who always seem to be heading in the opposite direction.

Very comfortable win. Thought Bannigan was excellent again. Pass marks to everyone. Mayo and Holt were solid again although weren’t really tested. Stone looked steady and made a good save from a header in the second half.

Dunfernline were mince. Reece Cole was pretty dreadful which was pleasing to watch. A lot of people on here didn’t fancy him but there was a lot of people on social media desperate for us to get him back for some reason. Mehment was a bombscare all day - can’t believe Dunfermline brought him in as their first choice keeper.

54 minutes ago, Reid said:

Reece Cole was pretty dreadful which was pleasing to watch. A lot of people on here didn’t fancy him but there was a lot of people on social media desperate for us to get him back for some reason.

In general our younger fans seem to love players like Cole, Spittal and Storey, and I have no idea why.

Cole in particular is someone who is technically decent, but is a complete and utter shitebag, and players like that just don’t work at this level.

I know he didn’t work out at Dunfermline for whatever reason, but give me a Kyle Turner over a Reece Cole every single day of the week.

Spittal was a decent player in a shite team who took an unfair amount of stick because we were basically relying on him to do everything. Certainly doesn't deserve lumping in with Storey and Cole (don't think Cole's attitude was in question, just his game management/vision, something Bannigan excels at).

7 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Spittal was a decent player in a shite team who took an unfair amount of stick because we were basically relying on him to do everything. Certainly doesn't deserve lumping in with Storey and Cole (don't think Cole's attitude was in question, just his game management/vision, something Bannigan excels at).

At the end of the day Spittal is another one who is technically decent but disappeared far too regularly. Maybe it’s just purely coincidental that his last 5 seasons in football have been spent in 3 different teams who ended up battling relegation, but I doubt it.

As for Cole, the only thing I’ll say in his favour is that McCall kept playing him when he joined us in 19/20 unlike some of Caldwell’s other diddies, so he obviously saw something in Cole. But whether it’s poor game management or him going into hiding, I don’t think there’s any doubt he was pretty poor for us, other than hitting a couple of nice free kicks.