Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

In general our younger fans seem to love players like Cole, Spittal and Storey, and I have no idea why.

Cole in particular is someone who is technically decent, but is a complete and utter shitebag, and players like that just don’t work at this level.

I know he didn’t work out at Dunfermline for whatever reason, but give me a Kyle Turner over a Reece Cole every single day of the week.

We percivered with Turner when he had a fairly meh season, to be expected with him moving up a level and into full time training, he looked very decent at the start of last season and some dreadful man management from Crawford meant we lost him. 

I fully agree that I'd have Turner ahead of Cole. I'd have him ahead of Dorrans, Pybus and well any of our centre midfielders this season bar Wilson, who hasn't played yet. 

It's frustrating that we've squandered quite a good budget on such an unbalanced squad, or to be more precise, an unbalanced centre midfield. 

I didn’t mind Cole, I certainly didn’t dislike him in the way that I disliked Spittal or Storey, but he’s a total shitebag prone to going missing in games when they get tough. Also, with basically nothing to back this up, I always suspected that he was one of the guys McCall was talking about when he spoke about the lack of professionalism at the club on his arrival.

Turner’s a clearly superior player in any case. 

Watching Storey I often wondered what 'experts' see in players, and also why some only seem to work at a particular club.

Storey was a fucking nonsense as a player at Firhill, even though it looked as though he had all the attributes to be a success.

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I didn’t mind Cole, I certainly didn’t dislike him in the way that I disliked Spittal or Storey, but he’s a total shitebag prone to going missing in games when they get tough. Also, with basically nothing to back this up, I always suspected that he was one of the guys McCall was talking about when he spoke about the lack of professionalism at the club on his arrival.

Turner’s a clearly superior player in any case. 

He wasn’t. 

While Reece was clearly lacking in some areas surrounding application during the 90 minutes in his time with us, I can’t say he was unprofessional in what I’ve seen. The players who left that January/End of season may give more of an indication to that.

Reece was due to return to Brentford on 1st Jan but McCall made the decision to extend his deal(as he also tried to with Kakay but QPR had made their mind up they wanted him back for a month and he started to break into the team).

3 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

He wasn’t. 

While Reece was clearly lacking in some areas surrounding application during the 90 minutes in his time with us, I can’t say he was unprofessional in what I’ve seen. The players who left that January/End of season may give more of an indication to that.

Reece was due to return to Brentford on 1st Jan but McCall made the decision to extend his deal(as he also tried to with Kakay but QPR had made their mind up they wanted him back for a month and he started to break into the team).

Fair enough, you’ll obviously know much better than me. As I say, it was based on absolutely f**k all. 

Storey was/is an absolute dud, and it’s unfair to Spittal and Cole to be lumped in with him I’d say. Cole was decent enough in the first half of his loan spell imo, wasn’t great at all in the second (although it was cut short due to Covid). Having said that, Turner is definitely a better player and I’d much rather have him. 

Who was that keeper that the Pars had today? He was rotten in the cup game against us too I think. Stone has to be No.1 for us now, was really good today. 

The only disappointment is we don’t have a game next week now, big credit to Ian McCall, he was able to learn from the mistakes of the first match v Dunfermline and rectify them, and the way he set up today was bang on the money I’d say. 

Edited by JagsCG

Watching Storey I often wondered what 'experts' see in players, and also why some only seem to work at a particular club.

Storey was a fucking nonsense as a player at Firhill, even though it looked as though he had all the attributes to be a success.

I remember watching Storey take part in a shooting drill before our 1-1 game vs. Falkirk (the shite season where we stayed up, just) and he didn’t hit the target once. Half the shots weren’t even a good connection.

Turners corners alone are worth having him .. he looks like he could grow into a fantastic player. If he continues to grow I reckon we could be looking at a bit of money for him ! 

im hoping we can get a CB a winger and another striker in before the window shuts, I worry for the defence of Holt was to be injured and the same up front if Rudden or Graham get injured.. it would weaken us badly. 

Proud of our start and can only see us getting stronger. 

Feel like the down spiral Ayr United are on at the moment shows how much McCalls actually got his head screwed back on ..Onwards and “ upwards” 🥳

45 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just watched the goals. Some interesting marking for the first two. I’d have been apoplectic at Thistle allowing two free headers in the six yard box. 

Our first goal today wasn't a million miles removed from the second we conceded to QoS last week. 

The Dunfermline keeper was hopeless though, flapped at the corner for the second, almost gave away a penalty after he dropped a routine catch, and as in the cup game passed the ball out to one of our players trying to play out from the back. Not sure Fon Williams is much better though. Was surprised we didn't launch any subsequent corners on top of him. 

7 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Turners corners alone are worth having him .. he looks like he could grow into a fantastic player. If he continues to grow I reckon we could be looking at a bit of money for him ! 

im hoping we can get a CB a winger and another striker in before the window shuts, I worry for the defence of Holt was to be injured and the same up front if Rudden or Graham get injured.. it would weaken us badly. 

Proud of our start and can only see us getting stronger. 

Feel like the down spiral Ayr United are on at the moment shows how much McCalls actually got his head screwed back on ..Onwards and “ upwards” 🥳

I was really impressed with turner in the two play off games against us and was genuinely surprised when Dunfermline allowed him to leave. Hoped Morton would have offered him something but we can't compete with Partick.

Defending for the first goal is absolutely criminal, not even a particularly clever run by Docherty he just jogs across to the front post. Second goal is an outstanding delivery by Turner. If we'd got the blatant penalty for the push on Tiffoney (and presume the red card to go with it) it could have been a riot, as it was we had to ride our luck a bit second half but again at the end should have added a bit of gloss to the scoreline.

I said it from the minute it looked like he was out of favour last season that we’d be fucking stupid to get rid of Kyle Turner. I was hoping with Crawford leaving that a new manager could keep him, alas it was obviously too late.

Don't want to get caught up in a debate in the rights or wrongs of it, but given the away end was completely empty was it a financial decision to not allow away fans yesterday? Totally understandable but just wondered

The East Stand is being used as an away changing area for now. Hopefully that gets in the bin soon once social distancing is no longer required and we can get away fans in for the next home game.