Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

On 03/08/2021 at 10:48, CallumPar said:

It looks like they’re blocking off 2 seats either side, plus the seats directly in front/behind and seats either side of the seat directly in front/behind. Because of this, if someone books a single seat, another 10 seats are blocked off (2 to left, 2 to right, 3 in row in front, 3 in row behind). That means people booking individual tickets use up 11 seats (10 seats blocked off). Groups of 2 would take up 14 seats (12 seats blocked off). Because of this, getting more than 2,000 would be incredibly challenging. Below images are taken to show the number of seats blocked off by booking single/double seats.

This isn’t any criticism of people who book single seats or book for 2. I’d imagine the majority of people fall into that category. It’s just to highlight why a capacity increase isn’t really possible, with current restrictions.IMG_2175.jpgIMG_2176.jpg

What really annoys me is they should have sold blocks of 15 tickets, with distancing beyond those blocks, feel like it would have been a better use of the capacity.

NW is sold out tickets left in the NE.

16 minutes ago, Damaged Radio said:

If we play anything like we did last Saturday we’ll lose comfortably. No point in having a decent forward line when the midfield is non existent and the defence is a shambles. 3-1 Thistle 

Your forward line decent? Our defence guff! Shambles of a defence? Our forward line decent! A definite 0-0 then!

46 minutes ago, Damaged Radio said:

If we play anything like we did last Saturday we’ll lose comfortably. No point in having a decent forward line when the midfield is non existent and the defence is a shambles. 3-1 Thistle 

Except we are pretty much the same 3-3

It'll come together this time round. Reckon its one of those seasons. 

I'm going to got 5-2 Pars. 

Two O Hara tap ins, one Wighton deft beauty, Gaspuitis  header and......f**k it, wee Kai maisy. EASY EASY EASY!

2000 supporters is fucking laughable. What’s worse is that for some reason I feel like we might only just sell that many. Doesn’t seem to be a massive appetite for it at the moment, hopefully that changes next week.

2000 supporters is fucking laughable. What’s worse is that for some reason I feel like we might only just sell that many. Doesn’t seem to be a massive appetite for it at the moment, hopefully that changes next week.

Agree with this. Was surprised there seemed to only be around 1600 ST holders reserving tickets. That means around 20% of our ST holders don’t plan on attending. Obviously they can’t all make it every week, but that figure seems really high. I’d imagine we usually have 600-700 walk up fans on a normal match day as well (some will be away fans tbf) and thought we’d have easily sold out on the first day of general sale. That being said, it’s only when someone on here asked if there was an update regarding the general sale, that I realised we didn’t make any sort of announcement/advertise that tickets were now on general sale. I don’t think the club are very good at the marketing side of things. They aren’t exactly doing much to try and build up that appetite to get back to East End.

Particularly for the first home game of the season, I do find the lack of appetite a bit surprising/disappointing. Hopefully a good performance at Ibrox*, followed by a derby win will help to entice some people back.

*avoiding a hammering would be classed as a good performance/result.

Seems like some season ticket holders have become accustomed to sitting with a beer watching a stream, when looking at those figures.

I think you will have folk also paying £12 to watch a stream every second week this season with no intention of coming to East End. Would work out much cheaper than a season ticket.

We should get an official steam viewing figure every home game to get a rough idea of how much streams are affecting attendances at East End. I know it's all money to the Pars but It's unhealthy for the future having Pars fans getting out of the habit of physically going to East End to watch games.

The disappointing thing for me is how fans of other clubs seem to have responded better to seeing their team live again than ours. I mean , even Falkirk have roughly the same sales as us after their shit show last season. 

Sitting watching a stream is absolutely brutal so I’d be baffled if someone preferred that to going to the game.

The Pars support are fickle and if we start winning games - especially the derby on the 20th - then crowds will steadily increase.

On the flip side, if the fears about Grant’s capability come true then we could be in for some ugly attendance figures in winter.

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Agree with this. Was surprised there seemed to only be around 1600 ST holders reserving tickets. That means around 20% of our ST holders don’t plan on attending. Obviously they can’t all make it every week, but that figure seems really high. I’d imagine we usually have 600-700 walk up fans on a normal match day as well (some will be away fans tbf) and thought we’d have easily sold out on the first day of general sale. That being said, it’s only when someone on here asked if there was an update regarding the general sale, that I realised we didn’t make any sort of announcement/advertise that tickets were now on general sale. I don’t think the club are very good at the marketing side of things. They aren’t exactly doing much to try and build up that appetite to get back to East End.

Particularly for the first home game of the season, I do find the lack of appetite a bit surprising/disappointing. Hopefully a good performance at Ibrox*, followed by a derby win will help to entice some people back.

*avoiding a hammering would be classed as a good performance/result.

That’s kind of similar to us on Saturday there. 500 or so ST holders didn’t attend. I guess there is still some hesitation certainly among older people.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

That’s kind of similar to us on Saturday there. 500 or so ST holders didn’t attend. I guess there is still some hesitation certainly among older people.

Not just older people, i know a couple of younger ones too and someone who is immune suppressed. This is what is happening with society opening up, the older and those with illness are being left behind. Pretty much expect Thistle to stop streaming games after the 9th as well.

Anyone know if there’s any tickets still available? Website not showing any but the club yet to announce that they’re sold out. 

There were very few left yesterday at lunchtime. The club didn’t even put out an announcement/reminder that they were on general sale, are you really surprised they haven’t announced it’s sold out?

13 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Folk just get out the habit too, and there are probably some who just can’t be arsed with the restrictions, masks etc and would rather go when all back to “normal”.

I’m away on holiday anyway so that’s my excuse sorted.