Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

Yesterday’s performance wasn’t good enough, but it is a notoriously difficult place for us to get a result and it would have been a win if not for a jammy 2nd goal for Morton. There is a lot of things Grant needs to address ahead of this game, which will be difficult. The performance of Graham was absolutely shocking yesterday and he caused panic any time the ball was in or around the box. He was also at fault for a terrible goal we lost to Dumbarton in the League Cup. Breen or Gaspuitis need to be playing ahead of him, simple as that.

There is no way we can keep this 3-4-3 up against better, full-time teams. We had absolutely nothing in the middle of the park yesterday and I am not sure Dom Thomas is a central midfielder at all either.

Comrie is not a centre-half as well. He is totally wasted playing there. He is arguably our best defender; he simply needs to be playing at wing-back.

For being “possession-based” and playing “total football” we didn’t half lump balls aimlessly yesterday and treat the ball like a hot tottie, which highlighted our lack of a midfield well.

Big improvement needed next Saturday. If we’re serious about winning the league, this a game we need to put on a show and take all 3 points. Anything less will be an extremely poor start to the season. Peter Grant talks a good game, but he needs to start backing it up.

Guest Axle Grease
48 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Peter Grant talks a good game, but he needs to start backing it up.

We drew away from home at the start of our league campaign. Nothing like giving the guy a chance eh

13 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Yesterday’s performance wasn’t good enough, but it is a notoriously difficult place for us to get a result and it would have been a win if not for a jammy 2nd goal for Morton. There is a lot of things Grant needs to address ahead of this game, which will be difficult. The performance of Graham was absolutely shocking yesterday and he caused panic any time the ball was in or around the box. He was also at fault for a terrible goal we lost to Dumbarton in the League Cup. Breen or Gaspuitis need to be playing ahead of him, simple as that.

There is no way we can keep this 3-4-3 up against better, full-time teams. We had absolutely nothing in the middle of the park yesterday and I am not sure Dom Thomas is a central midfielder at all either.

Comrie is not a centre-half as well. He is totally wasted playing there. He is arguably our best defender; he simply needs to be playing at wing-back.

For being “possession-based” and playing “total football” we didn’t half lump balls aimlessly yesterday and treat the ball like a hot tottie, which highlighted our lack of a midfield well.

Big improvement needed next Saturday. If we’re serious about winning the league, this a game we need to put on a show and take all 3 points. Anything less will be an extremely poor start to the season. Peter Grant talks a good game, but he needs to start backing it up.

We’ve played *one* game you absolute maniac. Don’t be so hysterical.

On 01/08/2021 at 00:25, parsforlife said:

Breen in for graham please.

See partick went with bell again today. Definitely an area we can exploit.  Tho ball retention needs to be much better from us if we are to do that.

McCall has said that he does not expect Bell, who is part-time, to play every game. Before Brownlie's injury and O'Ware being punted,  he thought that Bell would spend much time on the bench. 

It's possible that we'll revert to a back four of Foster, McKenna, Mayo and Holt. Tiffoney is getting fitter and can come back in for Bell. Cammy Smith is another attacking midfield option. 

I'm expecting a high scoring game.

Has it been confirmed anywhere if the club applied to have more than 2000 at the game? Apparently we "smashed" the 2000 mark for season tickets last week, so, presumably, that could mean a lot of fans can't get in to the game due to the 2000 threshold? Absolutely no reason why Partick fans can't be given 500 or so tickets for the whole of the Cowden end and extend our ticket lot to 3000. Raith had Hamilton fans in for their game on Saturday. I just don't understand any of this at all. Hopefully this is the last weekend of this nonsense for good. 

We’ve scored plenty and conceded plenty so far this season, and there’s no reason to expect us to have suddenly learned how to defend by the time Saturday comes around. Even if we do have some new defenders in the door by then, I can’t imagine that will be enough time for them to have gelled properly yet.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all with a repeat of the 4-2 scoreline from the League Cup match between the sides.

Edited by Nightmare

Think this could go either way on Saturday. We have certainly got goals in the team but it looks like we're going to take a bit of time to get used to  having a back three.

I think it could work given time, but the one thing I would change straight away is Thomas in central midfield. I thought Dorrans looked really good second half but I would like to see a natural central midfielder alongside him.

Think this could go either way on Saturday. We have certainly got goals in the team but it looks like we're going to take a bit of time to get used to  having a back three.
I think it could work given time, but the one thing I would change straight away is Thomas in central midfield. I thought Dorrans looked really good second half but I would like to see a natural central midfielder alongside him.
I'd go with Dorrans and Pybus until Wilson is fit.

59 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

the Cowden end concourse is still used by the away team so the stand wont be opened, they are having to open the North East to get even the maximum 2000 in because of social distancing and how the tickets have been selected.

Isn’t social distancing down to 1m now?

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Football stadia seems to have rules of it's own.

Just like there's no requirement to wear a face mask outdoors but as soon as you sit outdoors in a football ground , you need to wear one.

25 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Football stadia seems to have rules of it's own.

Just like there's no requirement to wear a face mask outdoors but as soon as you sit outdoors in a football ground , you need to wear one.

Don’t think football stadium is classed as outdoors. Isn’t that why you’re not allowed to smoke?

Don’t think football stadium is classed as outdoors. Isn’t that why you’re not allowed to smoke?

Think if it has a shelter of some description, then you can’t smoke in it. Bus stops is another example. We were allowed to smoke away to Morton couple seasons ago when I last went in the stand with no cover behind the goals, but don’t know if that has changed at Cappielow.

It looks like they’re blocking off 2 seats either side, plus the seats directly in front/behind and seats either side of the seat directly in front/behind. Because of this, if someone books a single seat, another 10 seats are blocked off (2 to left, 2 to right, 3 in row in front, 3 in row behind). That means people booking individual tickets use up 11 seats (10 seats blocked off). Groups of 2 would take up 14 seats (12 seats blocked off). Because of this, getting more than 2,000 would be incredibly challenging. Below images are taken to show the number of seats blocked off by booking single/double seats.

This isn’t any criticism of people who book single seats or book for 2. I’d imagine the majority of people fall into that category. It’s just to highlight why a capacity increase isn’t really possible, with current restrictions.IMG_2175.jpgIMG_2176.jpg