St Mirren v Hearts

Guest TheJTS98
8 hours ago, btb said:

The only diddy teams, this is where we end up when one of us doesn't read carefully...

No, that's fully understood.

You originally posted this: "Out of the diddy clubs only The Fakes & Dundee Utd. have won more than two major cups in my lifetime so I'm reasonably satisfied with what my club has achieved. "

Assuming you count Hearts, Hibs, and Aberdeen as diddy teams (going by standard parlance), then there's no way what you said is true.

Hearts (3 since '98), Hibs (3 since '91), St Johnstone (3 since 2014), and Aberdeen (3 since 1990) have all won three trophies more recently than United (3 since '83) have.

Edited by TheJTS98

5 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

No, that's fully understood.

You originally posted this: "Out of the diddy clubs only The Fakes & Dundee Utd. have won more than two major cups in my lifetime so I'm reasonably satisfied with what my club has achieved. "

Assuming you count Hearts, Hibs, and Aberdeen as diddy teams (going by standard parlance), then there's no way what you said is true.

Hearts (3 since '98), Hibs (3 since '91), St Johnstone (3 since 2014), and Aberdeen (3 since 1990) have all won three trophies more recently than United (3 since '83) have.

I see Scottish teams in terms of tiers

1 The OF

2 The big city teams Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs

then the diddy teams

3. The F/T teams ranging from Dundee Utd. down to about Ayr

4 The P/T teams including Edinburgh City who can't really be put in tier 2.

I expect to lose more often than win against teams from Tiers 1 & 2, to compete on a reasonably equal basis from teams in tier 3 on a sliding scale, obviously I'd expect our H2H to be better against Ayr than Dundee Utd. and to win more often than not against teams from Tier 4.

I've never heard teams from Tier 2 described as diddy teams before especially by one of their fans - perhaps I should have made this explanation at the start of my first post but I genuinely believed that most fans would see it this way.

So in my lifetime, of the diddy teams, only the Fakes & Dundee Utd. have won more major trophies than us.

Edited by btb

Guest TheJTS98
13 minutes ago, btb said:

I see Scottish teams in terms of tiers

1 The OF

2 The big city teams Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs

then the diddy teams

3. The F/T teams ranging from Dundee Utd. down to about Ayr

4 The P/T teams including Edinburgh City who can't really be put in tier 2.

Fair enough. I've absolutely never heard anybody grade categories like that. It's the OF and diddy teams.

I revel in our new-found status.

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Having seen the highlights surely there's no complaints about the red card?

The problem is that the cameras never really caught it at the time, and the video we have is from a distance and not a good angle.

Goodwin has come out and said it's a red, so that pretty much ends any discussion about it.

Disappointing and annoying in equal measures, especially as it seems entirely out of character.

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

The problem is that the cameras never really caught it at the time, and the video we have is from a distance and not a good angle.

Goodwin has come out and said it's a red, so that pretty much ends any discussion about it.

Disappointing and annoying in equal measures, especially as it seems entirely out of character.

Yeah. not a great angle but you get the jist of it.

A strange one. I suppose it looks bad in isolation but there could have been a bit of aggro between them before that. Not that it excuses it but makes it a bit more understandable.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. not a great angle but you get the jist of it.

A strange one. I suppose it looks bad in isolation but there could have been a bit of aggro between them before that. Not that it excuses it but makes it a bit more understandable.

From what others have said who were there it seems like the Hearts player went over to block Dennis, and instead of either sidestepping him, or running into him and gaining a foul, he just put his arm up.

9 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Keeper never tried a leg until 5-0, past his legs, through his legs, FFS

You guys really need to move on its what YOU did at Dundee that lost you the league.. Probably St Mirren beating you at Love Street 6-2 the same season played its part. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

btw, can you imagine the cringe of posting a video of a game from nearly 40 years ago, a game your club wasn't playing in, then blaming that club for your own club failing to get a single point from their own game. Thankfully most people would realise what a minter of a post that would be and don't do it.

16 minutes ago, Ric said:

btw, can you imagine the cringe of posting a video of a game from nearly 40 years ago, a game your club wasn't playing in, then blaming that club for your own club failing to get a single point from their own game. Thankfully most people would realise what a minter of a post that would be and don't do it.

All of Scottish football fans would have been delighted to see a none old firm club win the league title.  Some Hearts fans get that some of the older bitter ones can't see past their blinkers. 

This never gets old.

St Mirren could have fielded an 80yo granny in goal in that game (might have been an improvement tbf) and it wouldn't have mattered a toss if we'd done our job.

The effort levels and happiness of St Mirren players at Love Street have become the stuff of urban myth, but the blame for us not getting the job done lies with us.  And that idiot Crombie obviously.

Can't really bring myself to try and have a rivalry with St Mirren

20 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

This never gets old.

St Mirren could have fielded an 80yo granny in goal in that game (might have been an improvement tbf) and it wouldn't have mattered a toss if we'd done our job.

The effort levels and happiness of St Mirren players at Love Street have become the stuff of urban myth, but the blame for us not getting the job done lies with us.  And that idiot Crombie obviously.

Can't really bring myself to try and have a rivalry with St Mirren

Instead we fielded an ex-Rangers keeper who threw the game to help fellow Weegie club Celtic - tough, but them's the breaks! :bairn

Edited by btb

49 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Keeper never tried a leg until 5-0, past his legs, through his legs, FFS

Jim Stewart, ex-Rangers, current bluenose...aye right you are.

Bonner makes at least 5 saves plus another attempt knocked off the line, to say we weren't trying stinks of pish.

Still, 2 Albert Kidd goals in the last 8 minutes of the season is all our fault.

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Jim Stewart, ex-Rangers, current bluenose...aye right you are.

Bonner makes at least 5 saves plus another attempt knocked off the line, to say we weren't trying stinks of pish.

Still, 2 Albert Kidd goals in the last 8 minutes of the season is all our fault.

They were the only goals Albert Kidd  scored that whole season. 

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Hearts fans should move on from blaming some other team for them not winning in 1986 to blaming every other team for them being relegated in 2020. Why should St Mirren have all the fun?

Wait wait wait. We take the credit for that too