St Mirren v Hearts

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That will be tougher but we do have a three point cushion so a draw wouldn't be too bad

Interesting to see how they cope with playing catch-up. I don't think they'll handle it.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You clearly didn't see the furious response to only cruising a truncated championship by double figures

Struggles of being a 'big team' I suppose, TC.. ;)

Just now, Shteve said:

I honestly think St Mirren could stay up this season though, they've got a few experienced players in their squad. They won't score many though.

You'd have to say an 11th placed finish and win the playoffs would be good for a club of their size. Good luck to them.

1 minute ago, Shteve said:

I honestly think St Mirren could stay up this season though, they've got a few experienced players in their squad. They won't score many though.

Just now, JamboMikey said:

You'd have to say an 11th placed finish and win the playoffs would be good for a club of their size. Good luck to them.

You two are just trying way too hard, keep your powder dry for a genuinely contentious game.

3 minutes ago, Shteve said:

As long they keep being the better team in games who knows, they might even win a few of them.

Your off your head if you think St Mirren were the better team there. That’s about as easy a win as Hearts will get all season. 

Plenty of the ball for St Mirren after the first 25 mins but we struggled to do anything at all with it. Once we did get the goal,  a moment of madness from Dennis put an end to any slim hope we had of getting another so late. 

5 minutes ago, Silvio said:

I have to say, if they stay fit surely Halkett and Soutar one of the better centre half pairings in the league this year ?

If every team plays to Halkett's strengths like today he'll be great.  His mobility is less of a worry in a 3 but he still gets caught on the turn far too often against quick strikers

Frustrating to lose that. 

And not to win last week. 

Could easily be on 4 points rather than 1. 

But shouldn’t be too despondent. 

Opening games promoted teams are always right up for it. 

And Hearts absolutely have a top 6 squad. 

Need to be more clinical in front of goal. And, much as I hate it when other teams do it against us, be more, ahem, streetwise. 

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The bitter tears of these diddy teams when they pull back a consolation goal. As one of the hibs boys have said further back, just give us the league now please.

Championship?

Guest TheJTS98
10 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That's Hearts won the league.

I wouldn't say that yet. It's very early and...

Ach, let's not be children. It was over before a ball was kicked.

image.jpeg.0caca38391460e61a32b45b30dd93228.jpeg