St Mirren v Hearts

FT 1-2
Wasn’t much in the game but still a disappointing performance and result.
Started poorly and deserved to go behind, was a nice finish from Halliday. We were then the better side for the middle third of the game, created a few half chances but nothing clear cut.
Then concede the second against the run of play - Alnwick at fault I thought - and that seemed to be that.
Got back into it with about five minutes to go after a great ball from Tanser was headed in by captain Joe. Then Dennis got sent off right after kick off for a fairly innocuous looking coming together, and that seemed to kill the comeback.
Think we missed Erhahon in midfield, was surprised to see him dropped think he was one of our better players last week. Think it has to be Power and Erhahon and either Kiltie or McGrath, they don’t really seem to work together.

Just now, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Dennis clearly throws an elbow in Haring’s direction. Whether he connects or not**, it’s such a fucking daft thing to do.

**It looks to me like he connects.

Aye. 

Haring, who was lucky to still be on the pitch, tries to obstruct Dennis’ run, and Dennis flicks an arm at him as he runs by. 

There is contact. Haring goes down like it’s a forearm smash. 

Comeback over. 

1 minute ago, Silvio said:

I thought Hearts were comfortable most of the game, red card wasn't a red but wasn't the reason we lost.

Imagine having to support a team with Halliday in it. 

Aye.  How does it compare to losing to a goal scored by Halliday?

To be honest I think that's probably a fair result. We had all the pressure in the second half but we asked so few questions of Hearts. Hearts were content to sit in and hit on the break and we had no answers. For all our pressure we had two shots straight down Gordon's throat before the goal. If McGrath goes we could struggle as he's the only player with a bit of guile we've got. I'm also not convinced with this formation.