St Mirren v Hearts

4 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

1039 fans 🤣 that’ll make the difference!

I wasn't referring to us having an advantage, just pleased there will be no odd accents in Paisley next Saturday. 

This is a very different test.Celtic needed to come out and play but St Johnstone will think a draw isn’t the end of the world 

basically we’re back where we were last season and St Mirren are every bit as good as Dundee,Raith Rovers or Dunfermline (albeit  not as glamorous)

just like  last season we will lose a few games like this but we’ll win a lot more of them

and whatever happens next weekend it’s all part of the rich tapestry of life

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is a very different test.Celtic needed to come out and play but St Johnstone will think a draw isn’t the end of the world 

basically we’re back where we were last season and St Mirren are every bit as good as Dundee,Raith Rovers or Dunfermline (albeit  not as glamorous)

just like  last season we will lose a few games like this but we’ll win a lot more of them

and whatever happens next weekend it’s all part of the rich tapestry of life

No, I think us they will be looking to do well against the promoted sides.

Guest TheJTS98

It's always tough to play against teams on a bounce. Our opponents' cup double last season makes this a tough one for Hearts, imo.

Edited by TheJTS98

44 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

It's always tough to play against teams on a bounce. Our opponents' cup double last season makes this a tough one for Hearts, imo.

Fair play to them that was an impressive achievement but their league form was nothing that special they  just scraped into the top 6

Tough but eminently achievable 

as I say we’ll lose a few like this but we’ll win more

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Fear of being outed a disgrace to PHM men for giving money to St Moneytakenunderhandedlyinexchangeforasomewhatreducedlevelofexertion aside,I presume this game is streamable by away fans. 

What's the standard of coverage like? 

It's typically pretty good and is generally quite slick. St Mirren TV has been a thing for several years now so it's not like they've only been getting to grips with it since last summer.

Not a huge fan of the commentators myself (bit partisan for my personal taste) but if you have an away audio option it should be fine.

29 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm actually livid, btw, that Hearts got to serve their Championship during a season when nobody could go to games and as part of a reduced fixture list. Let's face it, it's basically like you were never there.

Spoken like a man that didn't have to watch us play Atbroath and Alloa 6 times

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm actually livid, btw, that Hearts got to serve their Championship during a season when nobody could go to games and as part of a reduced fixture list. Let's face it, it's basically like you were never there.

It was more like a limbo-y type of sleep paralysis, not quite alive, not quite dead and something I'd absolutely not like to experience again tbqhwy.

3 brother-in-law' s ,2 mates who are Hearts fans so a win for Saints would be pleasing for bragging rights. Don't really know this Hearts team one of my mates was unhappy with the way Hearts played last season even though they ran away with the title.  This is with out doubt one of the strongest Saints squads I have seen in many a year. Brophy & Main partnership looks very promising.  Being at home should give advantage St Mirren fingers crossed 🤞

All joking aside, it remains very saddening that we can't have fans in decent numbers in for this. I imagine the atmosphere would have had the potential to be fairly febrile (in a good way) after the events of last summer.

I'm struggling to put my finger on my optimism levels right now, either for this game or the season as a whole. I think we have a decent squad but I retain doubts about our tactics/lack of a plan B. But we are stronger than last season and showed even then that we could give most teams a game on our day (aside from Hibs, for some fucking reason).

I think we'll make a slightly defensive move and bring in either Tait or McCarthy for Henderson (with Fraser at RWB if McCarthy comes in), but the rest of the team picks itself at this stage.

Regardless of Celtic being a basket case, that was not an easy game to win for Hearts at the weekend and they are 100% an upgrade (for the quality of the league) on Hamilton. 

Pessimistic me says Hearts 'revenge' win by the odd goal. 2-1, probably.

Edited by Coventry Saint