WOSFL website

One thing I've noticed over the past week or so is the menu's collapsing on my phone. i.e. When you go to fixtures and try to click on one of the leagues the menu collapses too fast to even attempt to hit one of them. If useful the phone is android using chrome as the browser. Seemed to be fine up until recently. 

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

One thing I've noticed over the past week or so is the menu's collapsing on my phone. i.e. When you go to fixtures and try to click on one of the leagues the menu collapses too fast to even attempt to hit one of them. If useful the phone is android using chrome as the browser. Seemed to be fine up until recently. 

Same here. 

Most irritating! 

• 1 month later...

Gripe time again.

Went on to the website tonight to see who was losing out in the event of a Clydebank-Elgin City replay and when you click on the 'Upcoming Fixtures' tab there is a run of West of Scotland ties in succession followed by a mish mash of games in all divisions, including some more West of Scotland ties.

I have no experience of running a website, and I applaud those who give up their time to try their best, but to have a simple, easy to read, division by division or cup comp by cup comp list of the day's fixtures can't be too hard to pull off, surely?

9 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Gripe time again.

Went on to the website tonight to see who was losing out in the event of a Clydebank-Elgin City replay and when you click on the 'Upcoming Fixtures' tab there is a run of West of Scotland ties in succession followed by a mish mash of games in all divisions, including some more West of Scotland ties.

I have no experience of running a website, and I applaud those who give up their time to try their best, but to have a simple, easy to read, division by division or cup comp by cup comp list of the day's fixtures can't be too hard to pull off, surely?

The upcoming fixtures page seems to list the WOSFL League Cup, then the Conferences before the Premier Division. 

But there's a drop down which only shows the Premier fixtures: https://wosfl.co.uk/calendar/premier-division-2/

If you want to see Clydebank fixtures, you click on their name in league table: https://wosfl.co.uk/team/clydebank/

It's Rossvale btw.

The upcoming fixtures page seems to list the WOSFL League Cup, then the Conferences before the Premier Division. 
But there's a drop down which only shows the Premier fixtures: https://wosfl.co.uk/calendar/premier-division-2/
If you want to see Clydebank fixtures, you click on their name in league table: https://wosfl.co.uk/team/clydebank/
It's Rossvale btw.
Rossvale now playing Largs Thistle.

It's Rossvale btw.
When I click on the Upcoming Fixtures drop down, all the other leagues to choose from appear for about half a second then disappear and the full list of games appears, which shows a mish mash, beginning with WOS Cup, then Conference fixtures, apparently in good order up to BSC Glasgow v St. Peter's in Division 4, then it's all over the place from there.

Edit - I'm on an Android phone if that is at all relevant?

When I click on the Upcoming Fixtures drop down, all the other leagues to choose from appear for about half a second then disappear and the full list of games appears, which shows a mish mash, beginning with WOS Cup, then Conference fixtures, apparently in good order up to BSC Glasgow v St. Peter's in Division 4, then it's all over the place from there.

Edit - I'm on an Android phone if that is at all relevant?

There is a glitch with the drop down fields on the website when using a mobile phone. If you hold your finger on it for a second or two, the drop down fields will stay for you. The techy guys are working on it.

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Meldrew writes again..

On the results pages, the South Challenge Cup games that went into extra time just show the 90 minute result with no info about what happened thereafter.

It's probably not easy with it being outwith the usual format. None of the cup results for any of the competition show ET or penalties on the initial screen. You have to click on the game itself.

image.png.ae15276a5bfe6d32f4b59d21fc1be561.png

image.png.870c7c5b35b5bc081251bffd46a5cfe4.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Have to say that the WOSFL site is among the least user-friendly I’ve been on.

Frankly it’s a shambles. Finding anything is difficult, seems no logic to the way it has been designed.

An urgent rethink/upgrade is required.

To add insult to injury, emailed the given contacts on the website, only to find both email addresses bounced. FFS!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Fixtures could really do with a tidy up. The number of errors on it are making it look pathetic. 

Talbot listed as two fixtures on 5th March. 

Kilbirnie listed V Largs 2/4 and Beith 23/4 both wrong, sure there are others, better leaving date blank than wrong surely? 

Edited by Sancho Panza