WOSFL website

Unfortunately the hosting of the WoSFL website doesn't seem to be able to cope with the volume of traffic it gets.

The Management Committee are actively pursuing an improved situation, we are as frustrated by it as everyone else.

We thank everyone for their patience.
Any idea when the fixtures and results will be available on all the individual club pages?

32 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
On 31/07/2021 at 22:13, glensmad said:
Unfortunately the hosting of the WoSFL website doesn't seem to be able to cope with the volume of traffic it gets.

The Management Committee are actively pursuing an improved situation, we are as frustrated by it as everyone else.

We thank everyone for their patience.

Any idea when the fixtures and results will be available on all the individual club pages?

When you get promoted to the Premier Division. 

On 05/08/2021 at 23:09, glensmad said:
On 05/08/2021 at 21:36, peasy23 said:

I don't, sorry, the website isn't in my remit.

Who is responsible then? Can you ask them.to explain the situation please?

Who is responsible then? Can you ask them.to explain the situation please?
Hi Jim

Its myself thats responsible for it.

Im playing catchup with a whole host of work from my own day job, the league site, the social media stuff and my own clubs site and social media stuff having been out of action for over 3 weeks recovering from Covid so there is a backlog that now im back to almost full strength i am trying to work thru as quickly as possible but theres other more pressing issues with the site.

We are in the process of moving our hosting as clearly the site on its current platform is not fit for purpose with the

My primary focus before loading an already creaking site with more content is fixing the hosting issue. Once this process is complete then you will see a lot more on the site as well as the completion of the individual calendars and club fixtures.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and hopefully the site will be going from strength to strength soon

8 hours ago, Stants1902 said:

Hi Jim

Its myself thats responsible for it.

Im playing catchup with a whole host of work from my own day job, the league site, the social media stuff and my own clubs site and social media stuff having been out of action for over 3 weeks recovering from Covid so there is a backlog that now im back to almost full strength i am trying to work thru as quickly as possible but theres other more pressing issues with the site.

We are in the process of moving our hosting as clearly the site on its current platform is not fit for purpose with the

My primary focus before loading an already creaking site with more content is fixing the hosting issue. Once this process is complete then you will see a lot more on the site as well as the completion of the individual calendars and club fixtures.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and hopefully the site will be going from strength to strength soon

Thanks for responding and so quickly too. Hope you're getting there now with your Covid recovery as your health is of paramount importance over everything else you have mentioned in that post. 

This thread is not getting at you personally. The only reason I asked for a response was that there has been so little information given about the issues but more so when it will be fixed. It sounds like you have way too much on your plate and desperately need help. The WoSFL can be as frustrated as they want but they should be assisting you on this. With respect, the organisation need to get their finger oot and sort the site out, not just you.

Take care of yourself pal and thanks again.

Thanks for responding and so quickly too. Hope you're getting there now with your Covid recovery as your health is of paramount importance over everything else you have mentioned in that post. 
This thread is not getting at you personally. The only reason I asked for a response was that there has been so little information given about the issues but more so when it will be fixed. It sounds like you have way too much on your plate and desperately need help. The WoSFL can be as frustrated as they want but they should be assisting you on this. With respect, the organisation need to get their finger oot and sort the site out, not just you.

It may sound like ive got too much on my plate but its a manageable workload just didnt count on being laid low for so long so like i said playin catchup, plus we wont be weds sat weds sat so more time during the week to get things done

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Martin is on the WoSFL and is fully supported by us. I think the last thing he needs is for any of the rest of us poking about trying to fix it. Originally the website coped pretty well with things, but now that we're becoming bigger, more popular and of course, given that we want to make the site worthwhile visiting, it's just not able to cope.

30 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Martin is on the WoSFL and is fully supported by us. I think the last thing he needs is for any of the rest of us poking about trying to fix it. Originally the website coped pretty well with things, but now that we're becoming bigger, more popular and of course, given that we want to make the site worthwhile visiting, it's just not able to cope.

Appreciate your reply Kennie but the lad needs it temporarily taken off his hands by the sound of it, rather than him reading complaints such as mine when he has been ill. The cold hard fact is that the WoSFL have a website which cannot be accessed and is therefore defunct. No matter what the logistics and personal situations are that surely can't be a tolerable position.

As has been suggested by someone else, your counterparts in the East have a functioning website. Ask them how they do it.

Next meeting can an increased website budget not be improved? It’s one of the rare websites that folk still visit these days. Also if we are aiming for inclusion within media channels and sites such as the BBC etc it’s vital we’ve an almost real time score feed. 

3 hours ago, Stants1902 said:

It may sound like ive got too much on my plate but its a manageable workload just didnt count on being laid low for so long so like i said playin catchup, plus we wont be weds sat weds sat so more time during the week to get things done

Good luck with the website and getting over covid, yet again the job's down to one man and people just grumble ! Sure all the various leagues website folk can communicate with each other, to iron out any problems. We can get most news from other places until you're up and running 100%

6 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Next meeting can an increased website budget not be improved? It’s one of the rare websites that folk still visit these days. Also if we are aiming for inclusion within media channels and sites such as the BBC etc it’s vital we’ve an almost real time score feed. 

This will be the main thing people are looking for but takes time because fancy graphics are more important than results. I can't be the only one that wants to see all the results on the one page for that day. Whereas you have to go through every Division and scroll down because only half the results can be displayed at a time.

Here's the East of Scotland :

image.thumb.png.cf6156e0ff2fdb2040dbcb01c5d279d8.png

Everything can be seen at a glance. Then if you click on a match you get the fancy clubs logos.

Or if you want to choose a match before hand (in the West) you have to go through everything instead of seeing it in the one place. Have they asked users what they are looking for in a website? To see what the priorities are.

Edited by theesel1994

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

This will be the main thing people are looking for but takes time because fancy graphics are more important than results. I can't be the only one that wants to see all the results on the one page for that day. Whereas you have to go through every Division and scroll down because only half the results can be displayed at a time.

Here's the East of Scotland :

image.thumb.png.cf6156e0ff2fdb2040dbcb01c5d279d8.png

Everything can be seen at a glance. Then if you click on a match you get the fancy clubs logos.

Or if you want to choose a match before hand you have to go through everything instead of seeing it in the one place. Have they asked users what they are looking for in a website? To see what the priorities are.

Think folk would accept old clip art as long as the results tables etc are up to date. Rest of the site could be fancy but the information what’s important I think in this area