WOSFL website

Is it just me or is this thing almost constantly down?

While I'm at it, the formatting of the fixtures and results pages are shite (unless I'm doing it wrong). Too much 'graphics' means that sometimes one day's fixtures in a particular division are spread over 2 pages.

Also, one page with all the league's results in the one place would be handy.

9 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Is it just me or is this thing almost constantly down?

While I'm at it, the formatting of the fixtures and results pages are shite (unless I'm doing it wrong). Too much 'graphics' means that sometimes one day's fixtures in a particular division are spread over 2 pages.

Also, one page with all the league's results in the one place would be handy.

Not my area of knowledge but it doesn’t seem to handle the traffic well and find they appear okay on the PC but not so great on mobile devices. I like the site and not being critical but might be better changing providers or package. Also table layout. 

They're updated on social media - just not the website yet.

Which is a bit shite to be honest.

SJFA site was far more professionally presented and run, as in everything was updated by teatime on a Saturday.

ps. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not some bellend with an axe to grind with the transition from Juniors to Seniors, I would just like an easy to read couple of pages for all the results and tables on a Saturday night.

8 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

SJFA site was far more professionally presented and run, as in everything was updated by teatime on a Saturday.

I've been back on the Juniors website and it is improved since the West clubs were there. They did say they were looking into the problems with the WoSFL site. Hopefully they will be adding to it over time (when you click into a particular result). I would have preferred (like others) to have everything on the one page for a days results but this is the way things are going now. They want the fancy graphics whereas the old farts like me just want the results.

Unfortunately the hosting of the WoSFL website doesn't seem to be able to cope with the volume of traffic it gets.

The Management Committee are actively pursuing an improved situation, we are as frustrated by it as everyone else.

We thank everyone for their patience.

Not my area of knowledge but it doesn’t seem to handle the traffic well and find they appear okay on the PC but not so great on mobile devices. I like the site and not being critical but might be better changing providers or package. Also table layout. 
I'm viewing it on a mobile which might explain my grievance.

That said, I'm pretty certain 'mobile' must be the majority view of websites these days.

The style of the site is not suited for its purpose. Results need to be easily seen , not spread out as they are. PFC use same style but we are one club, not a league with 70+ members. The EOSFL is the best out there IMO in pyramid, followed by North Caley (for content of results).

https://www.eosfl.com/

http://www.northcaleyfa.co.uk/results.php

The style of the site is not suited for its purpose. Results need to be easily seen , not spread out as they are. PFC use same style but we are one club, not a league with 70+ members. The EOSFL is the best out there IMO in pyramid, followed by North Caley (for content of results).

In modern day website terms these 2 pages do look pretty 'old hat' but they are exactly what's required for a quick look on a Saturday teatime to see all the scores and updated tables.

On 31/07/2021 at 20:54, Killiepiyo said:

It's definitely not using tables for layout, if that's what you mean. Though it definitely needs better hosting and/or caching etc. to improve the performance when everyone is hitting it on matchdays.

On 31/07/2021 at 21:07, theesel1994 said:

When are the Lowland League going to update their Development League pages to this season rather than 2019-20.

Why not use the contact form on the site to ask if they could do that? Could ask them to update their rules as well while you're at it :)

On 31/07/2021 at 21:59, theesel1994 said:

I've been back on the Juniors website and it is improved since the West clubs were there. They did say they were looking into the problems with the WoSFL site. Hopefully they will be adding to it over time (when you click into a particular result). I would have preferred (like others) to have everything on the one page for a days results but this is the way things are going now. They want the fancy graphics whereas the old farts like me just want the results.

The SJFA website is the same as when the west clubs were there, it changed for the 19/20 season. It had a few annoying features as well - the fixtures page showed games month by month by default so if you visited in the last week of the month with no games scheduled, you had to select the next month from the dropdown. Plus it was harder to find the games for a single club - WOS site you just click on a club name.

On 02/08/2021 at 09:45, cmontheloknow said:

EOSFL isn't too bad, though now they've added the U20s games it really clutters things up and there's no way to filter them out (and they don't yet have all the fixtures listed). 

The WOS website is the same WP theme as the LL one, fine for a single league of 18 but doesn't work as well for 74 clubs...

Edited by Ginaro

On 02/08/2021 at 09:45, cmontheloknow said:

@NiallFH does the North Caley one, could drop him a DM...