Queens v Kilmarnock

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

To be fair its at least the 4th time he's posted that he had a ticket for the home end as if its a Golden Ticket for Wonka's Chocolate Factory and looking for some sort of reaction.

Nobody cares.

I wasn’t even at the game to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Queens were a big step above Ayr. 

I thought so too.

I think i heard that  Alan Johnston was at RP the other night and identified Burke and Cameron as threats. He was then able to use tactics to nullify those threats...

Not sure hopkin has such talents from what i hear from ayr fans….

I thought so too.
I think i heard that  Alan Johnston was at RP the other night and identified Burke and Cameron as threats. He was then able to use tactics to nullify those threats...
Not sure hopkin has such talents from what i hear from ayr fans….
It's not often I give AJ credit, especially tactically. But I do feel for him tonight as he got it spot on. When the ball isn't in the air Cameron looks like a complete donkey tbh and the through balls to him in the first half were a waste of time.

Sadly for all their good work stopping crosses they were cut open wonderfully for the winner.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not often I give AJ credit, especially tactically. But I do feel for him tonight as he got it spot on. When the ball isn't in the air Cameron looks like a complete donkey tbh and the through balls to him in the first half were a waste of time.

Sadly for all their good work stopping crosses they were cut open wonderfully for the winner.

Not sure if you watched the Ayrshire derby the other night. Cameron ran riot against ayrs defence…

9 minutes ago, flood said:

Not sure if you watched the Ayrshire derby the other night. Cameron ran riot against ayrs defence…

I thought Cameron looked a real handful against Ayr but he didn’t really get a kick. When his big chance came he well and truly fluffed his lines when heading over. He looks a decent player but was well marshalled today. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You did ok with 10 men today. Not sure how you'd get on with 9 mind you.

Burke will be seeing Nditi in his sleep tonight. A superb man marking performance from the guy.

*Manhandling freely as referee gives a FK for a Queens player being looked at funny. 

Fwiw, the ball was there to be won when keeper got injured. I'd have been raging if Haundstrup sh*t out of that(I expected him to) 

Contact from Gibson on Robinson when he got booked for diving. Silly challenge, asking for a penalty. 

Good goal disallowed in first half. 

Queens probably created the best opportunity in the game, but very little else. 

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The winner had little or nothing to do with any defender. It comes from an untracked run from their right back. If Ally Roy is still on the pitch he is probably tracked and it doesnt happen. I didnt really see it as 'cut open wonderfully' but again would need to see it again. 

*Manhandling freely as referee gives a FK for a Queens player being looked at funny. 
Fwiw, the ball was there to be won when keeper got injured. I'd have been raging if Haundstrup sh*t out of that(I expected him to) 
Contact from Gibson on Robinson when he got booked for diving. Silly challenge, asking for a penalty. 
We're talking about the Queen of the South versus Kilmarnock game from earlier today. What game are you talking about?

Just because Burke fell a lot didn't mean he was fouled. Was impressed the ref never bought it for the most part. Thought your "penalty" looked a clear dive even from where I was. Would need to see it again to be sure.

I can't recall a "good goal" being disallowed for Kilmarnock in the first half. Unless of course you're referring to the one that was comfortably offside?

The winner had little or nothing to do with any defender. It comes from an untracked run from their right back. If Ally Roy is still on the pitch he is probably tracked and it doesnt happen. I didnt really see it as 'cut open wonderfully' but again would need to see it again. 

It wasn't a criticism of the defence. It was a well worked goal from Killie that took out a number of our players.

4 hours ago, Queens1919 said:

emoji23.png you were lucky end of. Your fans are a disgrace as well

Catching up with the thread and I hope there's more from this guy. Delicious tears. 

4 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

That’s 2 games that I’m sitting scratching my head thinking how did we lose 

We scored and you didn't have any shots on target?

4 hours ago, Queens1919 said:

Get over what? Am just telling you how it is. Yous were lucky, and did not deserve to win. And your fans at the game were a disgrace.

Oh great, this salty loser is back 🤣

3 hours ago, Queens1919 said:

Was he playing the day? Honking team for an SPL team.

Yaaaas!

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Quite gutted after that. It's as good a defensive performance we've had in years. Nditi marking Burke out the game combined with pressure from our other defenders meant crosses were to a minimum which automatically made us stronger at the back. Fair play to AJ who got that part absolutely spot on today. Being so heavy defensively meant we couldn't be as dangerous going forward today but even so we could have grabbed a couple on another day. Roy's cutback and Nditi blasting over being the best chances.

We really missed Connolly's closing down today and particularly nearer the end when Killie were getting far too much of the ball and it looked inevitable that the goal was coming. I think AJ's only mistake today was taking McGrory off. I felt he kept our shape well in there today and when Cochrane came on he was more attack minded. Leaving us weaker defensively. The goal was the best move of the game and frustratingly it was one of only two Killie chances. Cowie with a superb save for the other one.

No failures today but Nditi was fantastic. I doubt Burke will have a quieter game in the division this season. Thoroughly deserving of his MOTM.

Two games in a row we've lost when we've deserved something. That can't go on much longer. I'm not too worried just now given we probably expected to have 0 points right now. If we start to lose these games against teams who'll be down the bottom half with us then the panic will set in.

Great to be back and see away fans behind the goal again.

A very fair summary. 

Loved my trip through today. Proper old school terracing and a late winner, cant ask for more than that!

Edited by deadasdillinger