Queens v Kilmarnock

Tbf thought McGrory did really well last season stepping up to the Championship before injury halted his season. Was missed when he got injured and was out the team. 
I didn't dislike him last season but wouldn't have been gutted if he hadn't re-signed. After his start to the season I'm glad he did though as I've been very impressed with him in front of the CBs.

Another example of how uncompromising this league is. A very sore defeat to take after we limited Killie to very few half chances and played a lot of decent stuff ourselves.

No failures today - tired legs at the end and we switched off and didn’t track the runner. The fatal mistake of sitting 10 yards deeper invited trouble.There is a tendency to shout for substitutions and sometimes it is the right call but in terms of the pattern of play the changes weakened us yesterday and we stopped carrying a goal threat in last 20 mins. That said I totally understand the desire to get fresh legs on the pitch.

Good to see the fans really appreciate the efforts of the players yesterday. This is a really good group of players that we have assembled - I just hope that we start translating our good performances into wins. Unbelievably we have already lost 4 games - we were the better team v QP, were 2-0 up at Well and lost, better team at Partick and certainly did enough for a draw yesterday. Last season even in the midst of our great run we never scaled any heights in terms of “football” but the fans are already warming to the potential of this group. Sincerely hope we can get some wins on the board quickly otherwise heads might go down.

The other camera angle is a bit harsher on Joseph than that one. He left the gap for the boy to slip through but I can appreciate why he was suckered in there.

I see The Gestapo weren't patrolling the away end as heavily as the home end from the images there [emoji38]

Robinson's dive is embarrassing.
It was. Really don't see much wrong with the offside goal, the run was late and don't belive it affected the goalies decision making. Can see why it was given but seen them ignored. (insert usual bit about Glasgow and the two arse cheeks)

33 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

It was. Really don't see much wrong with the offside goal, the run was late and don't belive it affected the goalies decision making. Can see why it was given but seen them ignored. (insert usual bit about Glasgow and the two arse cheeks)

Appreciate we're both biased here but I think it's pretty clear on the footage that our keeper hesitates to dive as he's unsure whether the runner is going to touch the ball or not and he certainly is offside. You can see him shift weight to his left side as he's expecting it prodded that way. I don't think it could be much more clear he's interfering with play without actually touching it. That's offside all day for me.

I thought the referee had a great game to be fair.

Highlights clear up a few of the talking points. 

Polworth makes a clear attempt to play the ball while offside so think the linesman got that one right. 

Killie left back should never have been booked, completely accidental and they pretty much got there at the same time. 

That dive from Robinson was completely embarrassing and this is when players deserve bans after the event. 

The save from Cowie is absolutely brilliant, I have no idea how he gets a finger tip to that. 

Just now, Broony88 said:

Killie left back should never have been booked, completely accidental and they pretty much got there at the same time.

Don't agree with that at all. He's entitled to go for it but he's late and he catches Josh in the face with his knee. I think the referee got it bang on to be honest. He's marginally late but not late enough for a red card. Yellow was reasonable.

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Don't agree with that at all. He's entitled to go for it but he's late and he catches Josh in the face with his knee. I think the referee got it bang on to be honest. He's marginally late but not late enough for a red card. Yellow was reasonable.

Rae never has the ball in his possession, he slides to collect but as he is going to he collides with the Killie player. Very harsh yellow imo, thought the ref had a good game but agree with the Killie fans that said he only booked him after seeing the blood. 

Highlights clear up a few of the talking points. 

Polworth makes a clear attempt to play the ball while offside so think the linesman got that one right. 

That dive from Robinson was completely embarrassing and this is when players deserve bans after the event. 

The save from Cowie is absolutely brilliant, I have no idea how he gets a finger tip to that. 

Absolutely this tbh. Offside is spot on. Yellow is harsh and I think Rae deserves a huge amount of credit getting there first. Saw it twice and I think he has no right to get to it first. Been impressed with him so far. Commanding of his box and very loud.

And I agree they want to start dishing out bans for shit like that by Robinson. If I was in charge of the game (help us all) I'd give the ref a 3rd card and he could dish it out to a player he thinks has dived. It would be reviewed to make sure it was correct and if so ban them. By not coming down hard on diving it almost makes it acceptable and that it's a way to try and get one over the opposition rather than it being treated as cheating.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wasnt even a yellow. 

Enjoyed my day out, we will have to win a few games like that if we're getting out this lesgue first attempt.

Hopefully a much bigger crowd next time. 

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Looks like Joshua Rae took a right sore one, wishing him a speedy recovery ....

Screenshot_20210809-175321_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3d2d577160aa4083dcbb5a18b7ba0816.jpg

There’s another angle on his Twitter where his right eye is badly swollen and starting to close. 

A sore one indeed. 

E007829A-D95C-44FD-B10B-05303FCE510F.png

Edited by Broony88