Queens v Kilmarnock

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
39 minutes ago, flood said:
Not sure if you watched the Ayrshire derby the other night. Cameron ran riot against ayrs defence…

He certainly wasn't that player today.

He's only 20 yrs old, blowing hot n cold is to be expected at his age.... 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, flood said:
Not sure if you watched the Ayrshire derby the other night. Cameron ran riot against ayrs defence…

He certainly wasn't that player today.

Yeah it was a compliment. Your big centre back did well against him 

Excellent performance for QotS for 90mins, especially from the two full backs who didn’t give our wingers a sniff. Gibson talking his team through the entire game was nice to see. Took a very patient and well worked goal to unlock the defence which didn’t look like cracking. I doubt their keeper will get much grief at school next week.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Excellent performance for QotS for 90mins, especially from the two full backs who didn’t give our wingers a sniff. Gibson talking his team through the entire game was nice to see. Took a very patient and well worked goal to unlock the defence which didn’t look like cracking. I doubt their keeper will get much grief at school next week.

That would be quite a funny line if the schools weren't still on holiday. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

I doubt their keeper will get much grief at school next week.

That looked a top drawer save he made from Alston's shot, hard to tell from the BDS stand if it was going in the top corner or not but he didn't take the chance anyway.

He looks to be a very promising youngster judging by both today and his clean sheet last season.

8 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

That looked a top drawer save he made from Alston's shot, hard to tell from the BDS stand if it was going in the top corner or not but he didn't take the chance anyway.

Watched the live stream and the save was replayed a few times - it certainly looked like it was going to dip in under the bar. As you say, it was too close a call to take a chance on leaving it.

He looks to be a very promising youngster judging by both today and his clean sheet last season.

Watched the live stream and the save was replayed a few times - it certainly looked like it was going to dip in under the bar. As you say, it was too close a call to take a chance on leaving it.

It was definitely heading in. I had actually resigned myself to going behind. It was an incredible save from the youngster.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It was definitely heading in. I had actually resigned myself to going behind. It was an incredible save from the youngster.

It was a fantastic leap and stretch. It would settle the nerves after the back-pass shenanigans that led to the indirect free kick.

47 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Agree. I was in your stand inline with 6 yard box and it was dipping in 

Great save 

Edited by flood

Listening to the radio on the way home from a bit of hillwalking yesterday and honestly feared the worst when they suddenly mentioned "late goal at Palmerston" - what a relief. 

Sounds like we've maybe been a bit fortunate, but tbh I don't really mind. Hard lines to Queens though, shite way to lose a game as we know from pained experience. 

They're a club I've got a bit of a soft spot, so hope everyone's feeling alright this morning. Except Sandy Clark, who I hope hasn't slept yet, rumbling about his house like a bear with a sore head, pausing every few minutes to scream at the magpies in his garden. 

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

Listening to the radio on the way home from a bit of hillwalking yesterday and honestly feared the worst when they suddenly mentioned "late goal at Palmerston" - what a relief. 

Sounds like we've maybe been a bit fortunate, but tbh I don't really mind. Hard lines to Queens though, shite way to lose a game as we know from pained experience. 

They're a club I've got a bit of a soft spot, so hope everyone's feeling alright this morning. Except Sandy Clark, who I hope hasn't slept yet, rumbling about his house like a bear with a sore head, pausing every few minutes to scream at the magpies in his garden. 

Double whammy for Sandy yesterday with the result from Tannadice. 

As a Killie fan in Dumfries. I'm delighted with the result.

We weren't good enough going forward and Queens were exceptionally organised.

Thought Gibson was outstanding all day.

The goal from a Killie point of view is very well worked and patient.

A draw would have been fair, but will absolutely take the win

Joseph at fault for the goal, don't know what he's thinking.
Aye a bit of inexperience from the boy there. Think it's a big year for him. I still think we haven't figured out what his best position is. I'm not convinced he's going to make it as a midfielder at this level but I thought he was very good up at Caley last year when he was further forward.

Tbf though, I was thinking the same about McGrory at the start of the season and he looks to be making the holding position his own so hopefully AJ and Sandy figure out how to get the best from Joseph as well.

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye a bit of inexperience from the boy there. Think it's a big year for him. I still think we haven't figured out what his best position is. I'm not convinced he's going to make it as a midfielder at this level but I thought he was very good up at Caley last year when he was further forward.

Tbf though, I was thinking the same about McGrory at the start of the season and he looks to be making the holding position his own so hopefully AJ and Sandy figure out how to get the best from Joseph as well.

Tbf thought McGrory did really well last season stepping up to the Championship before injury halted his season. Was missed when he got injured and was out the team.