Queens v Kilmarnock

Think his strop was pretty justified with us, as our then assistant manager - who you might be interested to hear has "been places and done 'hings" - used his bogus column in one of the redtops to slag him off while he was still at the club.
Aye. The pair of them were 'harsh' on Gibson at the time to say the least. Someone close to him is a family relative and she said at the time he was having a horrible time there due to them pair.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's 36 and was our best player last season. A fair few opposition fans commented on his performances as well. Of course he's excelled. He had a rotten game against ICT when Kai Kennedy rinsed him (he'll do that to far younger and better players than Gibson mind you) but other than that he was generally solid every week.

His attitude is spot on now and he's clearly matured with age. You genuinely think that's down to the the division?

Wullie was always a hothead, even at us. He's clearly matured and is playing some of his best football for us. I'd argue he's better now than he was when he first broke through for us.

I don't think it's even an argument, tbh. Given the choice I'd have current Gibson over the player he was when be broke through every single time. 

Yep, first time at Palmerston, Gibson had flashes of brilliance but the risk of a couple of daft yellows was always there most games. This time round he's definitely more mature and reads the game well, showing his experience. Real bonus for the club. Speaks well in interviews too. 👍

11 hours ago, Coooombe said:

Does Gibson still wear the bright pink boots? I think that's 50% of the reason he got such a hard time with us. 

Just 50%?

The fact that he had the audacity to give it back to the East stand (how very dare he?) had a fair bit to do with it too.

Just 50%?
The fact that he had the audacity to give it back to the East stand (how very dare he?) had a fair bit to do with it too.

During the first lockdown last year Gibson trained really hard , loss weight and is now fitter than ever despite his age. He was outstanding last season and looking great again this season.

Hats off to the lad.

Just now, Steeplechat said:

During the first lockdown last year Gibson trained really hard , loss weight and is now fitter than ever despite his age. He was outstanding last season and looking great again this season.

Hats off to the lad.

I really liked him at Killie, glad to hear that he’s still doing well. 

Looking forward to this. What’s the script with Ally Roy? He seems to have had a pretty class betfred cup campaign after joining you but I always assumed he was a bit of a jobber? 

I reckon we should win this but it will be a tough test, of which there will be many this year. Queens squad seems to be filled with random youngsters who I have never heard of and a couple of guys looking to get their careers back on track. And Willie Gibson. 

3-1 Killie with Alston, Cameron and Murray scoring. 

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

Looking forward to this. What’s the script with Ally Roy? He seems to have had a pretty class betfred cup campaign after joining you but I always assumed he was a bit of a jobber? 

I reckon we should win this but it will be a tough test, of which there will be many this year. Queens squad seems to be filled with random youngsters who I have never heard of and a couple of guys looking to get their careers back on track. And Willie Gibson. 

As you say Roy had a good League Cup,  looked to be up for it and put in some good shifts and scored a few goals into the bargain.   It's still to be seen if he can maintain that form in the league or turn out to be as bad as fans of his  previous have reported. He did miss an absolute sitter on Saturday which hopefully won't be a sign of things to come.  I would think most Queens fans will be happy with what they've seen of him so far,   but it's early days yet.

As for jobbers,  our budget probably dictates that that is the market we are able to deal in,  it's a case of Allan Johnston hopefully getting something out of them collectively and them trying to show they have something to offer. The loan market is usually crucial for us as well to get in slightly better quality players.  We've also cast our net a bit wider over the past couple of seasons bringing some players up from lower league English teams,  hoping to uncover a gem.  Ayo Obileye had one season with us and earned a move to Livingston,  hopefully some of these unknowns can also show they are capable of moving to a higher level. 

4 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I would settle for a draw...

That is your "ticket", theres no QR code. 
Haven't received mine yet but I ordered one for me and someone else. I chose seating and the other one is standing. I assume if I screenshot my ticket (tomorrow) and send it as a picture it'll be enough?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, Mr X said:
That is your "ticket", theres no QR code. 

Haven't received mine yet but I ordered one for me and someone else. I chose seating and the other one is standing. I assume if I screenshot my ticket (tomorrow) and send it as a picture it'll be enough?

No, the emails have the area of the ground on them. You should get two emails though. PM me your email if you want me to check

ETA - the home emails havent been sent yet

Edited by Mr X