Queens v Kilmarnock

11 minutes ago, Northfield said:

Our first home game could not be more difficult.

Somehow we have to try and sort our defence out yet again we lose 3 goals hopefully can get in a  experienced centre back to help our young defence. 

We've just signed two defenders in the past week who only got half an hour each today, probably because they are not as yet fully match fit.  FFS give them a chance!

Out of interest who is this mystery experienced centre back that you think we should sign, and how big a squad do you think we can afford?

15 hours ago, Northfield said:

Our first home game could not be more difficult.

Somehow we have to try and sort our defence out yet again we lose 3 goals hopefully can get in a  experienced centre back to help our young defence. 

Another season and more unfathomable negativity from you

This obsession with wanting an experienced centre half in is shite. We've had various experienced centre backs in the past few seasons and still flirted with relegation because of the goals we concede, mainly from corners/crosses. Being experienced doesn't guarantee improvement. I'm quite happy we've gone down the route of bringing in younger players rather than the likes of Broadfoot or Berra. 

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

This obsession with wanting an experienced centre half in is shite. We've had various experienced centre backs in the past few seasons and still flirted with relegation because of the goals we concede, mainly from corners/crosses. Being experienced doesn't guarantee improvement. I'm quite happy we've gone down the route of bringing in younger players rather than the likes of Broadfoot or Berra. 

We need a quality addition. A bit of experience would be an added bonus IMHO but quality is key.

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We need a quality addition. A bit of experience would be an added bonus IMHO but quality is key.

Quality cost money, our best bet is a decent loan at a decent cost,  but a Jason Kerr type (who wasn't exactly experienced when here) would obviously be ideal, but are as rare as hens teeth.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is our capacity above 500? I haven't been paying attention tbh.

Anyway, FAO Killie fans - away tickets are now on sale.

https://store.qosfc.com/kilmarnock-away

Has been for a while. Still have to do track and trace, allocate seats and comply with 1m social distancing though :( 

Has been for a while. Still have to do track and trace, allocate seats and comply with 1m social distancing though [emoji20] 
Good stuff. I've given up paying attention in all honesty. How many are we allowed in now? (Roughly anyway).

Guest Flash
22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
39 minutes ago, Mr X said:
Has been for a while. Still have to do track and trace, allocate seats and comply with 1m social distancing though emoji20.png 

Good stuff. I've given up paying attention in all honesty. How many are we allowed in now? (Roughly anyway).

I’ve not been paying attention either. Is there a reason why they didn’t try to play it on the Monday night when restrictions would likely have been lifted? Tbh, I don’t know what the rules are meant to be after Monday.

I’ve not been paying attention either. Is there a reason why they didn’t try to play it on the Monday night when restrictions would likely have been lifted? Tbh, I don’t know what the rules are meant to be after Monday.
I didn't even know they were changing on Monday [emoji38]

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
45 minutes ago, Mr X said:
Has been for a while. Still have to do track and trace, allocate seats and comply with 1m social distancing though emoji20.png 

Total limit is still 2000 but I dont think we'd get that many with the social distancing anyway.

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

Good question. I dont think anyone knows what the rules are going to be after Monday, which is probably the answer to your question

Guest Flash
3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Total limit is still 2000 but I dont think we'd get that many with the social distancing anyway.

Good question. I dont think anyone knows what the rules are going to be after Monday, which is probably the answer to your question

I just thought they could have scheduled it for the Monday night and planned as though the rules wouldn’t change then, if they did (I think the announcement is this Tuesday) sell more tickets if that was possible. Maybe it wasn’t practical to do that, though.

38 minutes ago, Flash said:

I just thought they could have scheduled it for the Monday night and planned as though the rules wouldn’t change then, if they did (I think the announcement is this Tuesday) sell more tickets if that was possible. Maybe it wasn’t practical to do that, though.

I don't think it's practical to change the work that's gone into it on less than a week's notice to be honest. And whilst there may be a general announcement from the Scottish Govt for society as a whole on Tuesday (I haven't checked but will assume you know what you are talking about), it's entirely uncertain how quickly the JRG, which will decide the rules inside football stadiums, will follow with amended guidance. It's very unlikely to be same day. Late Wednesday at best I'd guess.

Leaving aside the fact that a Monday night would inconvenience a lot of fans anyway and quite possible diminish the attendance from Kilmarnock to the extent they wouldn't need any extra tickets we could give them anyway. I expect there should be enough tickets for home fans at this stage to satisfy any serious demand anyway. Given Killie have a cup match the following weekend too I can't imagine they'd have been keen to agree to it either.

It's probably pretty telling that, as far as I am aware, no club has asked to move their game to Monday for that reason and there's a full programme at the weekend. Perhaps nobody thought of it (I hadn't) but it seems more likely they've all decided it's either not practical or the cons balance out the pros.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think it's practical to change the work that's gone into it on less than a week's notice to be honest. And whilst there may be a general announcement from the Scottish Govt for society as a whole on Tuesday (I haven't checked but will assume you know what you are talking about), it's entirely uncertain how quickly the JRG, which will decide the rules inside football stadiums, will follow with amended guidance. It's very unlikely to be same day. Late Wednesday at best I'd guess.

Leaving aside the fact that a Monday night would inconvenience a lot of fans anyway and quite possible diminish the attendance from Kilmarnock to the extent they wouldn't need any extra tickets we could give them anyway. I expect there should be enough tickets for home fans at this stage to satisfy any serious demand anyway. Given Killie have a cup match the following weekend too I can't imagine they'd have been keen to agree to it either.

It's probably pretty telling that, as far as I am aware, no club has asked to move their game to Monday for that reason and there's a full programme at the weekend. Perhaps nobody thought of it (I hadn't) but it seems more likely they've all decided it's either not practical or the cons balance out the pros.

Fair enough. I wasn’t suggesting changing it with less than a week’s notice though. The 9 August date has been known for a while, so I thought games could have been rescheduled for then ages ago. And the planning could have been the same but, if it wasn’t necessary to have social distancing, for example, more tickets could have been sold from Tuesday. I thought with a limit of 2,000 there wouldn’t be that many Killie fans allowed and more would have been able to travel on a Monday night.
However, you’ve explained it pretty well and, as you say, nobody else seems to have rescheduled.