Inverness vs Raith Rovers

Just now, CALDERON said:

Not sure on the context, but I saw something about him saying he was offered a new deal and actually refused to sign.  Which isn't quite true I don't think.

Dunno if Hendry is joking or not but it certainly died down after he posted this:

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It looks more like it's Kieran MacDonald who has now shat it and deleted all his Tweets.

What was said?

33 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Not sure on the context, but I saw something about him saying he was offered a new deal and actually refused to sign.  Which isn't quite true I don't think.

MacDonald effectively posted  emojis which I guess were down to a very small number of people booing him (for what it's worth, he got an excellent reception leaving the pitch during the warm up and is still very highly regarded among most of our support). Duku then posted multiple laughing emojis on the back of it. A Rovers fan then decided to take no prisoners and told Manny that he should be more worried that Kieran MacDonald will probably end up on more goals than him this season and that they were glad he'd been released. Duku then claimed that we'd offered him a new contract which he'd turned down. It seemed quite a strange claim to make given that he was on Caley Thistle podcasts claiming he'd been frozen out with a lack of communication and had been behind Vaughan, Gullan and Ugwu in the pecking order at the end of last season.

Duku might well do the business for Caley and will probably score on Saturday. For all Caley fans seem to be hamming up how hard he's trying at the moment, it was clear that for whatever reason when he did play for us in the latter stages of last season he wasn't offering much. There's all sorts of theories and rumours about the second half of last season: only Duku, McGlynn and those close to the situation will know the facts. 

This type of incident is really easy to look into and amplify: the lad has a chip on his shoulder and loves a passive aggressive social media post. . FWIW,  our season won't be made or broken by whether or not we've pissed off Manny Duku and missed out on a gem. I think our season will largely revolve around the fitness of Lewis Vaughan and Ross Matthews while trying to play as much football like we did for the first 65 minutes of last Saturday. 

Manny was on fire in the opening months of the season....then he wasn't.

Was he dropped because of a simple loss of form or was there another factor?  Rumours abounded regarding: a fall out due to his wanting away, laziness in training  or that he had broken protocol and was the main reason for the Covid outbreak, I doubt we'll ever hear the truth of what the catalyst was but one thing is for sure in the few outings McGlynn gave him from January onwards he was a shadow of the player he'd been before that.

One thing I'm sure, I would bet the house on McGlynn's not having offered him another contract at the end of last season.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Forgive me for suggesting but it rather seems that you aren't quite convinced in your position

The circumstances around Duku leaving yourselves seem a bit smoke and mirrors. Regardless of all that, we can only judge him on what he does for Caley Thistle and so far I’ve been pleased with what I’ve seen. Your loss is our gain I hope. We have a real knack of getting the best out of players who have a point to prove.

Bet your house on Keatings and Duku both to score on Saturday - on that note, how has Keatings fared so far? 

Keatings has struggled a bit and has found himself out the team. Poplatnik and Vaughan have formed a decent partnership and seems to be the first choice 9(9) and 10. I had hoped that he would hit the ground running but it doesn’t seem to be the case, needs a goal to lift his confidence.

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Keatings is almost a good player.  There's definitely quality in there but he spends most of the time either injured or not turning it on.

Yep, if you're expecting goals from him this season you're going to be disappointed. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

Yep, if you're expecting goals from him this season you're going to be disappointed. 

I think about a quarter of his career goals have been scored against us, which no doubt gives a false impression. 

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I think about a quarter of his career goals have been scored against us, which no doubt gives a false impression. 

The fact that he's a new signing and is benched already isn't a good sign.

In fairness to Keatings he hasn’t really had much of a chance in the competitive games so far. He has played 60 minutes of football across 3 substitute appearances. He had a few decent efforts in those games and could maybe have had a goal. Not been brilliant but not been awful either. 

The problem he has is that he is a very similar player to Lewis Vaughan and it looks like they can’t play together meaning they are competing for the same spot in the team. This makes him our 4th choice striker because as long as Vaughan stays fit, he won’t displace him. That’s not a criticism of him but I don’t think there’s many better players in that position in this league than Vaughan.

He will be a handy enough option for us through the season I’m sure.

Edited by R.R.FC

52 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I heard Macdonald being called 'Judas' on Saturday. He'd probably still be with us if we didn't go fully full time. 

The booing of him was disappointing. 

Yeah I agree EHS, I was in the North stand and the booing was quite loud, for a lad that didn't want to leave and was a great player for us it was very disappointing

So, to be clear, Rovers are going into this one on the back of a demoralising collapse, the loss of our remaining main midfield player to injury, away to a team we haven't beaten in normal time in 20 odd years and who have signed an ex player of ours who clearly has a point he wants to prove to the Rovers management. 

Ooft.

Edited by renton

17 minutes ago, renton said:

So, to be clear, Rovers are going into this one on the back of a demoralising collapse, the loss of our remaining main midfield player to injury, away to a team we haven't beaten in normal time in 20 odd years and who have signed an ex player of ours who clearly has a point he wants to prove to the Rovers management. 

Ooft.

On the plus side though, we’re overdue a win!

19 minutes ago, renton said:

Ooft.

You'll probably win.  We need Billy McKay up to speed fucking yesterday.