Inverness vs Raith Rovers

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Didn't watch or follow the updates today but completely unsurprised with the result. Genuinely fancied us to have more of a chance against Aberdeen than we do against Caley. Has there been any word on why Vaughan missed out? 

Word from FanTalk is that he had a swollen knee, non-ACL related.

Feel much better about the 90 minutes having watched the highlights.  I thought Dukus 2 chances were sitters, they weren't really.  Great defending and decent goal keeping.  Other than a fantastic strike (even better on 2nd viewing) there wasn't anything in it.

Now, that isn't to say there were some things which were a tad concerning, however it does suggest that some of the meltdowns on here and on the clubs Facebook page, are a tad premature.

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Feel much better about the 90 minutes having watched the highlights.  I thought Dukus 2 chances were sitters, they weren't really.  Great defending and decent goal keeping.  Other than a fantastic strike (even better on 2nd viewing) there wasn't anything in it.

Now, that isn't to say there were some things which were a tad concerning, however it does suggest that some of the meltdowns on here and on the clubs Facebook page, are a tad premature.

Pretty much this. Inverness just shaded it I think and probably deserved the win. Exact same result as first game up there last season. Disappointing, but no reason to meltdown. 

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Couldn't agree with you more, I would have Tumility and Connelly in a heartbeat, as you progress through the season you will be a tough outfit to beat if you maintain the form showed yesterday.

Berra you can keep, at times he looked like he was just a shadow of his former talent.

Berra will be hot and cold this season I fear.  That block for the Duku chance however, was superb, and his distribution of the ball has been very good - actual balls into the channel rather than shite punts. Can't think of any real howlers yesterday.

However it can't be ignored he is a slow 36 year old past his best.

Edited by CALDERON

Thought Berra was solid enough yesterday. Clearly doesn’t have pace but can read the game well and was rarely beaten.  Think a lot of folk, including Rovers supporters, are just looking to jump to the ‘he’s slow and finished’ conclusion rather than looking at what he actually does in games. 

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Couldn't agree with you more, I would have Tumility and Connelly in a heartbeat, as you progress through the season you will be a tough outfit to beat if you maintain the form showed yesterday.

Berra you can keep, at times he looked like he was just a shadow of his former talent.

Connolly and Tumilty are the two players who impressed me least yesterday. Football eh. Don’t think either gets anywhere near our starting XI.

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I think Zanatta would be an upgrade on Gardyne.  A fit Vaughan I would take as well.  The rest?  Meh.  

Seeing Vaughan didnt play, leaving only Zanatta worthy of your team in the side it's strange we didnt get a real doing.

Another mystery - didn't we finish above you last season?

Gardyne is better than Zanatta. There’s a reason the former had played 90% of his career in the Premiership and the latter has played 15 games in it. That’s a wild call.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Gardyne is better than Zanatta. There’s a reason the former had played 90% of his career in the Premiership and the latter has played 15 games in it. That’s a wild call.

Really?  Gardyne is a 35 year old who runs out of puff after half an hour.  Maybe if could be reborn as a central midfielder, but his days as a winger at this level, in any meaningful way, are over.

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Really?  Gardyne is a 35 year old who runs out of puff after half an hour.  Maybe if could be reborn as a central midfielder, but his days as a winger at this level, in any meaningful way, are over.

Yep. Zanatta starts like a house on fire everywhere he goes then fades to a total jobber. Been the same at every club he’s been at.

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep. Zanatta starts like a house on fire everywhere he goes then fades to a total jobber. Been the same at every club he’s been at.

22 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Sounds familiar ....

Is there an echo….echo…Duku…Duku… …in here?

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Is there an echo….echo…Duku…Duku… …in here?

Well no, Zanatta has played for half the SPFL. Lumping Duku in the same category is daft. He’s literally done it at one Scottish club.

Edited by TheScarf