Celtic FC vs Dundee FC

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tbf the talking from Legzdins in the post-match interview suggests the team will be going into this with a win-it-all mentality for this one. We can certainly score against them I feel, it's the keeping goals out part which I am a bit more hesitant about.

What was Legzdins saying?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What was Legzdins saying?

About next week, he said while there is that respect for teams like Celtic, the team is of the mindset that there's nothing to fear, and they plan on having a good go at it and push them hard with the confidence that they can get something out of the game.

Also loves complimenting his teammates, very much a positive-mindset kind of guy.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

About next week, he said while there is that respect for teams like Celtic, the team is of the mindset that there's nothing to fear, and they plan on having a good go at it and push them hard with the confidence that they can get something out of the game.

Also loves complimenting his teammates, very much a positive-mindset kind of guy.

Really digging Legzdins. Wasn't convinced as others about him being quality for this level but he just does the basics right time and time again. Comes for crosses, marshals his defence and just a leader at the back. 

Everything you want in a goalkeeper.

Got to have a right go at them. If Celtic don’t sign a defender or a keeper this week then we need to attack them. Celtic’s current defence is the worst since the days of Anton Rogan. 

McMullan on 1 wing and McCowan on the other to have a right go at Ralston and Taylor please. 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really digging Legzdins. Wasn't convinced as others about him being quality for this level but he just does the basics right time and time again. Comes for crosses, marshals his defence and just a leader at the back. 

Everything you want in a goalkeeper.

How good was his catch when he came for the cross in the last few minutes 👏👏👏

Unlucky with the 1st goal yesterday. It’s was going to his left until McGhee’s deflection took it to his right.  

14 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Unlucky with the 1st goal yesterday. It’s was going to his left until McGhee’s deflection took it to his right.  

Very much this. 
Read someone calling it a wonder strike yesterday :blink:

15 hours ago, Yenitit said:

How good was his catch when he came for the cross in the last few minutes 👏👏👏

38 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Very much this. 
Read someone calling it a wonder strike yesterday :blink:

These are the first posts I've seen anywhere saying it was a deflection - I thought I was the only one. One of the commentators was trying to blame Legzdins saying he was slow to react :huh:

To be fair to the commentators though, I thought they were having a shocker until they told us they didn't have the benefit of replays as Alba had evicted them from their usual spot. So I'll let them off this time. 

Think we should be a fair bit better than we were against Hearts with some new players being part of training sessions. I didn't think Starfelt was that bad against Hearts but will be better with a another game to come before this. The Japanese lad looked a fair bit off it with too many touches in a high tempo game against Hearts but think a weeks training/prep will do him some good.

Hopefully we control this game rather going to end to end as we are defo good to give away a goal or two if it does go that way.