Albion Rovers vs Edinburgh City

We used to quite often play East of Scotland games with "neutral" linesmen. I've done it myself on occasion and been abused by both sides! A City fan actually managed to get a Gala player booked for giving him abuse when running the line which was funny. So I personally wouldn't have been bothered with the Rovers lad running the line.
If the referee observer was attending the game why didn't they get off their arse and help? At least they would have been "neutral". Also could an emergency call have been put out to one of the officials at a local West of Scotland game- they kicked off earlier and for example Gartcairn were at home and the Grade 2 or 3 might have been able to nip down to Cliftonhill.
Anyway in the end Rovers won fair and square, No 7 Wilson looked decent, we were gutless, spineless, brainless and useless although Robertson looked like injecting a bit of urgency into the team. He should start against Forfar 

The observer did help they were the one who was organising process and what was happening

They weren't looked to take charge as they weren't art of the testing regime ( think its 3 negative tests in 10 days)

So this might not have happened without the Covid rules.

Should have got Jasper the dug to run the line anyway (see Rovers Twitter)

Hope you got the two balls back that were blootered over the terrace. The clearance that looked as if it launched the ball into the tree tops was impressive 

The only reason it was a player was due to the fact noone else was allowed due to covid testing

Edinburgh had the chance to nominate anyone of thir choice who was able due to testing they said no

When it comes down to it all they were allowed to do was raise the flag when it went out of play, they weren't allowed to make a decision

The only reason it kicked off was the face city were getting pumped in the first half and the board and management realises their only hope was to get the game abandoned and replayed

I get why it happened but City nominating their own player would be just as wrong and I would quite rightly expect protestations the other way.
To say City were only protesting because they were getting beat is hardly fair, you must admit there is some merit behind their argument.
I just want to point out that I’m not having a go at the player or Albion Rovers, it’s just the whole situation we found ourselves in was a farce.

Well yes to a degree it wouldn't have happened as somone from outside the 2 teams, ie a supporter/a.n. other would have been selected but I think its more to do with Naysmith reaction

The balls are long gone I feel, I used to stay in the flats over looking the ground and ended up with 1 or 2 matchballs that were kicked into the cat park behind that fence

39 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

I get why it happened but City nominating their own player would be just as wrong and I would quite rightly expect protestations the other way.
To say City were only protesting because they were getting beat is hardly fair, you must admit there is some merit behind their argument.
I just want to point out that I’m not having a go at the player or Albion Rovers, it’s just the whole situation we found ourselves in was a farce.

As far as I could see, City weren't protesting at all, as the matter seemed to have been dealt with by your Board at halftime. Naysmith then blew his top  when he found out from the new ref and then came over to remonstrate with his own employers. Cue 27 mins of shambles that left your own team totally flat, and us not much better.

I'd he interested in how you'd have solved the matter given the COVID protocols. Surely not have the match abandoned and Rovers shafted despite being two goals ahead? 

Anyway, we were excellent today and well worth the victory. We did lose momentum after halftime but that's no surprise given the clown show that ensued. Calum Wilson was a well-deserved MotM but our wonderful goalkeeper wasn't far behind. We'll compete this year, no doubt 

4 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

binnie making his 7th penalty save of the season

I feel like a Celtic fan watching Craig Gordon tonight reading that sentence. 

We got rid of the wrong keeper this summer. 

6 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

I feel like a Celtic fan watching Craig Gordon tonight reading that sentence. 

We got rid of the wrong keeper this summer. 

From what I've heard, Rovers thought Blair Currie would be released, and would have been very interested but might have had competition for his signature. However, in reality, it was Cammy that came free and was really easy to deal with.

He's an absolute cracker, but I'm sure you know that. Delighted to have him

As far as I could see, City weren't protesting at all, as the matter seemed to have been dealt with by your Board at halftime. Naysmith then blew his top  when he found out from the new ref and then came over to remonstrate with his own employers. Cue 27 mins of shambles that left your own team totally flat, and us not much better.
I'd he interested in how you'd have solved the matter given the COVID protocols. Surely not have the match abandoned and Rovers shafted despite being two goals ahead? 

Out of the options available and as ridiculous as it was, missing an official was probably the better one. It just shows that contingency plans under the current restrictions aren’t great, not that it’s either clubs fault.

Rovers deserved all 3 points today, no arguments there.