East adventures in the Scottish Cup - 2021-22

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Lothian Thistle HV 2-1 Dunbar United

LTHV (tenants) host Edinburgh City (lodgers) in R3.

Sore one for Dunbar. Thought they were the better team for the majority of the first half then the red card changes the game. 

Would like to see the penalty and the red back then maybe comment further. Was convinced keeper got the ball for the pen. 

Whilst there was a big opportunity today, Dunbar can be extremely proud of their first Scottish Cup run. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Good luck to LTHV. 

LTHV 2:1 DUFC

Certainly not the result that they majority of supporters in the ground were wanting. However DUFC tried their best under the circumstances.  A little disappointing but thats the game. one minute you are up, the next your'e down.

Hope LTHV enjoy the next round as one of the representatives of the EOS Premier League.

Edited by Malty Guy

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 27th November 2021
Dumbarton v Sauchie
Lothian Thistle HV v Edinburgh City
Stirling Albion v Tranent

All face tough asks to make Last 32.

I do think that Dumbarton will prove to be too big an opponent for Sauchie as they sit 7th in league 1 and Sauchie bottom half in the EOS prem.

Edinburgh City and Stirling both sit on 21 points (joint 3rd) in League 2, i think these games will be closer than the Dumbarton vs Sauchie one, Everyone loves an underdog and my money this weekend is on Tranent to cause an upset.

8 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 27th November 2021
Dumbarton v Sauchie
Lothian Thistle HV v Edinburgh City
Stirling Albion v Tranent

All face tough asks to make Last 32.

Stirling not won a game since their last cup tie, think Tranent have a decent chance of at least getting a replay.

I saw Stirling lose to Edinburgh City last Saturday. They have quite a few injuries and seem to play a lot of hoofball, which is likely not to work if it's blowing a hoolie as forecast. They've also got a Rory Delap type long throw guy.

I think Tranent would have a decent chance of a replay. If this game had been at Forresters Park I'd have had a flutter on the Belters.

BTW: Stirling were doing a steak and sausage pie last week which was decent...

Lothian's 2nd half performance was probably worth a replay, missed a few decent chances to equalise.

Played the first half with Big Errol in defence which was interesting.

Their programme said they'd been playing some 16 and 17 year olds in the League recently which is heartening.

The game didn't quite have the fire of previous Lothian v City games of the past. Probably because it was freezing.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Lothian's 2nd half performance was probably worth a replay, missed a few decent chances to equalise.

Their programme said they'd been playing some 16 and 17 year olds in the League recently which is heartening.

The game didn't quite have the fire of previous Lothian v City games of the past. Probably because it was freezing.

Indeed it was cold as ####

Hutchie were unlucky not to get a draw out that. Watching the second half highlights I don’t think their keeper was in any of them but you still have to take your chances.

they did have 2 16 yo and 2 17 yo in the starting line up yesterday but I think one is in on loan and at least one more on the bench. theyve had very good 04 and 05 groups coming through.

not sure how that City performance rates 

Edited by Carmel Wafer

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Errol played a few games in defence for Kelty back in the day.