East adventures in the Scottish Cup - 2021-22

6 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

Was also at Penicuik and Tranent did not sneak a win , they battered Penicuik the second half and 3-1 flattered the hosts. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🏆

Was surprised at the comment saying Tranent "squeak a tight clash " as they dominated the second half. Fully deserved their victory and the best team won . 

8 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

Was also at Penicuik and Tranent did not sneak a win , they battered Penicuik the second half and 3-1 flattered the hosts. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🏆

You certainly deserved the win but battered is a bit harsh as both defences held steady for around 60-70 minutes and neither goalie was really tested.  Much like the first half I felt the goal would come from a set piece or penalty but we gave the ball away too many times in the end and it was punished. 
Our chances were reduced when we lost Paul Tansey to injury midweek. Maybe if we’d gone in at half time 1 up it would have helped but you’ve a very strong squad all over the pitch and as I said, the best team won.  A good crowd and good to see a bus load of your fans in my local beforehand. Good luck in the draw today.

Annan Athletic v Jeanfield Swifts
Banks o'Dee v Nairn County
Berwick Rangers/Gretna 2008 v Stirling Albion
Brechin City v Haddington Athletic/Deveronvale
Brora Rangers v Albion Rovers
Broomhill v Tranent

Cowdenbeath v Civil Service Strollers
Clydebank v Elgin City
Cumnock/Formartine United v Forfar Athletic
Dalbeattie Star/Newtongrange Star v Rothes
Dunbar United v Lothian Thistle HV/Edinburgh University
East Kilbride v University of Stirling
East Stirlingshire v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
Edinburgh City v Bo'ness United/Wick Academy
Kelty Hearts v Buckie Thistle/Cumbernauld Colts
Preston Athletic v Auchinleck Talbot

St Cuthbert Wanderers v Gala Fairydean Rovers
Sauchie v Dunipace
Stenhousemuir v Huntly

Stranraer v Darvel

Decent draw with Sauchie-Dunipace and Dunbar-LTHV (if they win) pleasurable to all. Tranent's eminently winnable and Newtongrange's not impossible if progress. Jeanfield's is tough, but not beyond them. Tall orders for Preston and Haddington.

13 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

Would agree. First 20-25 minutes didn't settle at all and it could've gone either way. Whole of the second half, there was only one side in control of the game.

3 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

nothing between those two today.  fair result at full time. 

Great fightback from Lothian but I thought the Uni were the better team and should have had it out of sight. 

Great cup tie and a good crowd probably doubled with being on the Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, Crow said:

Great fightback from Lothian but I thought the Uni were the better team and should have had it out of sight. 

The first goal was a combination of classic goalmouth errors. A really good LTHV goal and one very good EU goal. Yes a couple of decent attempts from either side. But I didn't think there was really about 15 league places between them. The EU numbers 10 & 11 looked up for it. The 11 was moved inside and became less effective. LTHV number 9 seem to be off his touch. maybe not fit/carrying an injury. Crowd of about 100ish?

28 minutes ago, Crow said:

The one on one save by the Hutchie keeper at the end of the first half kept the game live would never have come back from 3 down. 

Edited by Carmel Wafer

On 19/09/2021 at 12:17, patriot1 said:

A great opportunity for Sauchie and Dunipace. I suspect Dunbar will make it to R3 in their first ever go at the Scottish.

Clydebank v Elgin or Cumnock/Formartine v Forfar the obvious tv candidates.

with reference to your Dunbar forecast I'm hoping its not the traditional kiss of death.... but there's a kernel of optimism in what you say. Anything is possible.

23 hours ago, Slabs said:

How did you come to that conclusion about the pitch were you playing ????

No, it's highly visible from sidelines and in the video of highlights. Helluva slope , bumpy and grass too long . I used to play on worse pitches than Penicuicks ,but also many better. 

3 hours ago, Dalry llama said:

No, it's highly visible from sidelines and in the video of highlights. Helluva slope , bumpy and grass too long . I used to play on worse pitches than Penicuicks ,but also many better. 

After loosing their last pitch and being in abeyance for many years I’m sure they would play on the moon if need be. Not that I’m agreeing with your assessment of the pitch can I assume you are an expert in these maters