Peterhead v Alloa 31/07/21

14 hours ago, AlloaAdam said:

Probably the poorest I’ve seen us in a long, long time. First half was an absolute shambles, defensively we were all over the shop with Church on the wing, Armstrong at left back and Howie at right back. Had a few aimless punts up the park which resulted in absolutely nothing and it looked like the players didn’t know where they were playing.

Put O’Donnell and the young guy Webster on up front and for the first 10 minutes in the second half we were slightly better, pressing a lot higher, but taking Trouten off was a mistake as he had been one of our better players first half. Second goal killed us and game just fizzled out, don’t think we had a shot on target in the 90.

Badly need a few more players, getting rid of Williamson for church and Armstrong, neither who look better and are probably worse was a mistake, need to add players in midfield which was non-existent today (King arguably the worst player on the park), and need a striker who can actually have a shot. Whether the manager can get players in who are of sufficient quality is yet to be seen but none of his signings have been particularly impressive so far.

Think it’s safe to say my early season optimism has dwindled, and if we play like that for the rest of the season then the relegation spots will be calling.

Pretty much spot on, and for all laughing gravies bluster is a bit tiring it did feel like much of the away days under Maitland.

I really hope Trouten took a knock because if not it was a crazy decision to hook him at half time.

We had a depleted lineup for sure, but we didn't even really show anything in defeat. I doubt Peterhead will have an easier game all season.

We need to have a bit of patience to allow the manager and his signings to bed in, but there wasn't much evidence of any light at the end of the tunnel on show.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

33 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Good camera work from Alloa team, commentator must have misread the map saying both scorers were playing for Montrose. Nice change from the pixalot camera. 

No Montrose link in that team after all😅

Slightly jealous of your frontline.

30 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

No Montrose link in that team after all😅

Slightly jealous of your frontline.

Was good to see Payne get off the mark as he works away non-stop so his 1st goal for us will do no harm/Rusty is much more involved now than he was when we had him before. Would hope our midfield could chip in a few goals this season with Scott Brown, Ritchie & Cameron all able, we nearly had a real collectors item with Simon Ferry brining out a save from your keeper from 20 yards out unheard of normally 😄 

On 01/08/2021 at 19:12, laughing gravie said:

Tiring, but true🤔

Like most, I think we had reasonable performances against Livingston and Raith, but performances against teams more at our level have given little encouragement so far.

However, surely we have to give a guy more than 5 games, 4 of which we're essentially pre season games, before throwing in the towel. You're almost trolling after everything adverse and it is indeed a bit tiring.

13 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Like most, I think we had reasonable performances against Livingston and Raith, but performances against teams more at our level have given little encouragement so far.

However, surely we have to give a guy more than 5 games, 4 of which we're essentially pre season games, before throwing in the towel. You're almost trolling after everything adverse and it is indeed a bit tiring.

Nah, showing something against a higher level team is encouraging, but it's the bread and butter stuff that'll get us promoted.

I'm gutted to be labeled a troll, just a supporter that says what he sees, and so far BF has shown very little, and apparently isn't kean to do interviews.

I never throw in the towel concerning Alloa, been supporting then through 50+ years including poor managers and horrendous times.

I give credit where credit is due, so BF to me is a work in progress.

Edited by laughing gravie

16 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Nah, showing something against a higher level team is encouraging, but it's the bread and butter stuff that'll get us promoted.

I'm gutted to be labeled a troll, just a supporter that says what he sees, and so far BF has shown very little, and apparently isn't kean to do interviews.

I never throw in the towel concerning Alloa, been supporting then through 50+ years including poor managers and horrendous times.

I give credit where credit is due, so BF to me is a work in progress.

Totally agree mate, apologies for overstepping the mark. 

I think some are going a bit over the top, but when we look at the last 3 similar "rebuilds", Jack Rosses side fired out the traps brilliantly, Hartleys took a wee bit of time but at least we showed bucketloads of promise early on. Think we are haunted by the disastrous Lennon one and can see elements of potentially history repeating itself.

We've certainly been spoiled a lot in the last 10 years- I know that's probably become a cliche by now though. We don't have any divine right to be challenging up the top this season and may well have a season of transition or a nightmare one 😆.

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Totally agree mate, apologies for overstepping the mark. 

I think some are going a bit over the top, but when we look at the last 3 similar "rebuilds", Jack Rosses side fired out the traps brilliantly, Hartleys took a wee bit of time but at least we showed bucketloads of promise early on. Think we are haunted by the disastrous Lennon one and can see elements of potentially history repeating itself.

We've certainly been spoiled a lot in the last 10 years- I know that's probably become a cliche by now though. We don't have any divine right to be challenging up the top this season and may well have a season of transition or a nightmare one 😆.

I have no problems whatever division we are in, we are a team that has been punching above our weight, probably too good for Div 1but not really good enough for the Championship.

My concern really is we are a community club and most of our previous managers have been quite honest, open and approachable to the fans.

I'm not sure if BF sees himself as bigger than the club, buy IMHO he hasn't done anything)much to connect with the fans, and until this happens, I will be " on his case ". But I'm sure he won't lose many nights sleep because of this.