Peterhead v Alloa 31/07/21

30 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

9 hours ago
PETERHEAD V ALLOA ATHLETIC
Saturday 31st July 2021

We can confirm that this fixture is now SOLD OUT and fans without tickets should not travel to Balmoor Stadium to avoid disappointment.

The good fisher folk of the North East clearly falling over themselves to see the Wasps on one of our rare jaunts to the seaside leagues. 

It's looking like this season is going to last more than a lifetime.

Just looked at the stats for the game and it's looking like back to the days pre Paul Hartley.

We may well be in the play-offs this season, but to avoid dropping like Brechin.

Wonder if the prices will drop when we play the likes of Cambuslang and Boness?

1 minute ago, laughing gravie said:

It's looking like this season is going to last more than a lifetime.

Just looked at the stats for the game and it's looking like back to the days pre Paul Hartley.

We may well be in the play-offs this season, but to avoid dropping like Brechin.

Wonder if the prices will drop when we play the likes of Cambuslang and Boness?

After one half of a game with a depleted squad and we are already down ? you are not the half full cup type are you ?

7 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

After one half of a game with a depleted squad and we are already down ? you are not the half full cup type are you ?

Two nil now.

If we have a depleted squad, is this not the Invisible Man(ager)s responsibility to have a decent squad for the start of the season?

I'm just a realist who says what he sees. Thus far, hee haw

6 hours ago, Waspie said:

The good fisher folk of the North East clearly falling over themselves to see the Wasps on one of our rare jaunts to the seaside leagues. 

Aye we may not see many victories this season so always good to turn up for one.

12 minutes ago, strichener said:

Aye we may not see many victories this season so always good to turn up for one.

I fear you might get another next time we're up 😁

Will be interested to hear from the Wasps fans who watched the game. I know we're missing a number of players there but I couldn't work out the shape of the team looking at the line up. 

6 hours ago, Waspie said:

Or happy in the knowledge they were happy to be playing us, soothing the blow pre match! Looking like the seaside leagues will be frequented a lot more by us. 

40 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Two nil now.

If we have a depleted squad, is this not the Invisible Man(ager)s responsibility to have a decent squad for the start of the season?

I'm just a realist who says what he sees. Thus far, hee haw

Be nice to hear from the manager. Keeping ma powder dry for another few games.

11 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I fear you might get another next time we're up 😁

Will be interested to hear from the Wasps fans who watched the game. I know we're missing a number of players there but I couldn't work out the shape of the team looking at the line up. 

Thought we looked pretty clueless in terms of what we were trying to achieve out there when we had the ball to be honest. 

Utterly toothless in attack and we never looked like scoring. 

Peterhead were more than good value for their win. 

9 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Be nice to hear from the manager. Keeping ma powder dry for another few games.

I heard a rumour we have one, but that's it as far as it goes.

Maybe if we had a radio....

I bet he doesn't have the bottle to have a Q&A session with the fans.😷

Probably the poorest I’ve seen us in a long, long time. First half was an absolute shambles, defensively we were all over the shop with Church on the wing, Armstrong at left back and Howie at right back. Had a few aimless punts up the park which resulted in absolutely nothing and it looked like the players didn’t know where they were playing.

Put O’Donnell and the young guy Webster on up front and for the first 10 minutes in the second half we were slightly better, pressing a lot higher, but taking Trouten off was a mistake as he had been one of our better players first half. Second goal killed us and game just fizzled out, don’t think we had a shot on target in the 90.

Badly need a few more players, getting rid of Williamson for church and Armstrong, neither who look better and are probably worse was a mistake, need to add players in midfield which was non-existent today (King arguably the worst player on the park), and need a striker who can actually have a shot. Whether the manager can get players in who are of sufficient quality is yet to be seen but none of his signings have been particularly impressive so far.

Think it’s safe to say my early season optimism has dwindled, and if we play like that for the rest of the season then the relegation spots will be calling.

13 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Probably the poorest I’ve seen us in a long, long time. First half was an absolute shambles, defensively we were all over the shop with Church on the wing, Armstrong at left back and Howie at right back. Had a few aimless punts up the park which resulted in absolutely nothing and it looked like the players didn’t know where they were playing.

Put O’Donnell and the young guy Webster on up front and for the first 10 minutes in the second half we were slightly better, pressing a lot higher, but taking Trouten off was a mistake as he had been one of our better players first half. Second goal killed us and game just fizzled out, don’t think we had a shot on target in the 90.

Badly need a few more players, getting rid of Williamson for church and Armstrong, neither who look better and are probably worse was a mistake, need to add players in midfield which was non-existent today (King arguably the worst player on the park), and need a striker who can actually have a shot. Whether the manager can get players in who are of sufficient quality is yet to be seen but none of his signings have been particularly impressive so far.

Think it’s safe to say my early season optimism has dwindled, and if we play like that for the rest of the season then the relegation spots will be calling.

3 players from last season in starting 11. Graham, Trouten and Scougall, all the rest are Fergusons signings, just saying! 

17 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Just read the rest of your post and the Williamson (who according to Kieran had other offers) decision is now made even more nonsensical. My contact in Peterhead today tells me both Church and Armstrong were abysmal. Church has been released by 3 clubs, surely that's a clue and Armstrong is a CH from the lowland league. 

With how it's started not really sure who would want to come. Bigger budget wasted on dross.

Satisfying win to get the league started, we usually take a while to get going so this is just what we needed if we can build confidence on the back of it think we could do ok. Different side this season, we seem more willing to close teams down earlier & want to pass the ball forward rather than just side to side. We have a few youngsters in the side but they are not frightened to take the ball & use it. The one thing i would like to see is a bit more variation in corners and freekicks we seem to be back to when Steven Noble was with us now replaced by Ryan Conroy every corner taken bye the same player normally with similar results then a left back having to go back and forth the length of the pitch every time when i am sure we have other players capable of delivering balls into the box without leaving a gap to be covered at the back. Rusty is a improved player all over the park and good to see Payne get reward  for the good work he provides.