Raith v Aberdeen

RRFC2711

Must be one of the few looking forward to this. No great surprises so far in this round of the cup so I reckon the upset is coming in this one. 2-1 Rovers and the rest of the day to celebrate. Or it might be a 0-4 Dons walkover to be fair. That’s the joy of the Rovers. You never know what you’re going to get. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Interesting defeatism from the boys from the town of Raith. 

I don't quite see it like that. It's inevitable that Glass will shuffle the pack today, and there's a fair chance that we'll end up with a side similar to the one that started against Livi....all over the place, and with no real striker on the park. 

Brown won't be in the starting XI, and it's unlikely that MacKenzie, Hedges, and maybe Ramirez will start. 

We're going to be back to the round pegs in square holes solution, with JET up front and McGinn and McLennan in theory supporting him but in reality drifting around 30 yards away. 

I still think we'll win, but it'll be nothing like as clear cut as the Rovers boys are predicting. It may well take one of Glass's now traditional half time intervention. 

2-1 Dons.

The lack of a train to get into kirkcaldy for kick off from sheepland has put a few off travelling.I had 3 lodgers last night due to this and they are getting a bacon sandwich and getting chucked out shortly 

1 hour ago, Alex_14 said:

Thanks, didn’t think to check that myself. I’m on a train right now, taking a friend for the first time. Want him to experience a wonderful atmosphere. Doubtful.

Not the greatest game to get the full effect of the away support sadly.

The cup though so might be ok, must win game.

So that's a sort of 4-5-1 out of possession becoming a 4-3-3 as we counter? With the greatest will in the world, I'm not sure how much defensive output we'll get from Zanatta and Connolly out wide, but it'll be interesting to see. It's harsh on Lang as an individual to drop out, he didn't do anything wrong at Inverness, but without Spencer and Vaughan I don't think we've got the right bodies for the 3-4-3. 

Varian, in theory as much as anything else I suppose, should act as a better focal point than Poplatnik or Keatings who are more minded towards a false nine role. A big opportunity for Varian to show what he's got. 

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

This commentary from Premier is a bit over the top, no? Aberdeen are playing well enough, the Rovers have dropped out of the game a little and the goal was a great strike, but it's been their only real chance created. You'd think Aberdeen were 7-0 up, the way they're going on about it. 

Can you get the RaithTV audio? Playing it pretty even.