Raith v Aberdeen

RRFC2711

Guest Bob Mahelp

If I was going to pick the wankiest time for any football game to start, this is the one I would choose. 

First game after 9th August as well, so I presume that the Rovers would be trying to squeeze every penny out of the red pound and hope for a packed out Dons support. 

This makes it fucking difficult, and oh aye, just to make it trickier, Scotrail are on strike. 

Great. 

20 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If I was going to pick the wankiest time for any football game to start, this is the one I would choose. 

First game after 9th August as well, so I presume that the Rovers would be trying to squeeze every penny out of the red pound and hope for a packed out Dons support. 

This makes it fucking difficult, and oh aye, just to make it trickier, Scotrail are on strike. 

Great. 

Shove your red pound up your arse 🤪

edit - seriously tho' it's a shite kick off time for the Don's fans, especially given the rail strike, just goes to prove that Premier Sports and all TV broadcasters in general have no regard for the fans.

Edited by keyser_soze

Shove your red pound up your arse 🤪
edit - seriously tho' it's a shite kick off time for the Don's fans, especially given the rail strike, just goes to prove that Premier Sports and all TV broadcasters in general have no regard for the fans.
Would a later kick off have made that much difference to Aberdeen fans, particularly given train isn't an option?

Outside of that, the only other option would have been a Monday night - which would be worse than what we have.

On 31/07/2021 at 12:35, true_rover said:

Would a later kick off have made that much difference to Aberdeen fans, particularly given train isn't an option?

Outside of that, the only other option would have been a Monday night - which would be worse than what we have.

The English/London trains are still running, there are a few of those that go past Kdy.

Only Rovers could put out such an announcement without supplying pricing details. 

If the price is not heavily discounted compared to a normal league match I think I'll give it a miss. Not much interest in paying £20 or so to watch grandad Berra be destroyed for 90 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Any away tickets available?

Aberdeen Fans – Please contact your club

Aberdeen FC will be sending out details on how season ticket holders can purchase a ticket for this match. All tickets will be available online.

Raith Rovers V Aberdeen – Ticket Information. | Raith Rovers FC

Tickets will need to be bought on line direct from Raith Rovers.

Our ticket office is apparently too busy with Thursday to sort out Sunday too so no loyalty points will be awarded.

Supporters club's just got sent details and think General Sale should be late today

32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

2500 tickets for Dons fans. Well done Raith!

That'll be some pitch invasion.

This suggests we've not even tried to get an increased capacity. I know we probably wouldn't have needed it but I'm sick of paying a direct debit to Raith every month and watch them squander opportunities to make revenue independent of the begging bowl approach. 

Behind each goal used to hold 3360 approx seats, now 3000 since we don't seem to sell the first couple of rows. 

Could have had 2000 for each stand on sale last week, then release either another 500 to each team if required or more likely another 1000 to the Dons depending on sales, and if sales were going well ask for extra capacity. Gven the trains are off this could have encouraged a bigger away crowd. 

We've also managed to do offsite hospitality for early kick offs in the past, definitely for Celtic and I think Hearts at O'Conell's. Would 12 days not have been enough to organise this ?

I realise even as I type this that I sound pretty bitter and there is probably three members of staff doing the jobs of half a dozen people behind the scenes at Starks 

The game's on TV (OK, paid TV, but on TV all the same) and is a pain in the arse for Aberdeen fans relying on public transport - not only do they need early trains, but there's a strike as well. 

I share many frustrations with the club needing to maximise it's revenue, but ultimately circumstances here don't scream that we need more than 5,000 seats available. 

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The game's on TV (OK, paid TV, but on TV all the same) and is a pain in the arse for Aberdeen fans relying on public transport - not only do they need early trains, but there's a strike as well. 

I share many frustrations with the club needing to maximise it's revenue, but ultimately circumstances here don't scream that we need more than 5,000 seats available. 

I agree that it's highly unlikely that 5k seats are needed but given the delay in getting tickets on sale I feel that we may have a substantially lower crowd than if we had got tickets on sale earlier and given Dons fans and Raith fans from out with Kirkcaldy more time to plan their journey ie book buses. I could be wrong though. 

Is there an option for fans without internet access to buy tickets at Starks ? I've not seen it publicised however I've only seen what's online. Would hope we weren't excluding the old guys that normally pay at the gate. 

40 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I realise even as I type this that I sound pretty bitter and there is probably three members of staff doing the jobs of half a dozen people behind the scenes at Starks 

I suspect also that the club will have realised with the KO time, train difficulties, the game being live on TV and the fact we are still in a pandemic means that 5,000 will comfortably accommodate all who want to attend. Off-site Hospitality and other offerings will still be tricky due to COVID so think the criticism of the club is a bit unfair.  

Edited by roverthemoon

57 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

This suggests we've not even tried to get an increased capacity. I know we probably wouldn't have needed it but I'm sick of paying a direct debit to Raith every month and watch them squander opportunities to make revenue independent of the begging bowl approach. 

Behind each goal used to hold 3360 approx seats, now 3000 since we don't seem to sell the first couple of rows. 

Could have had 2000 for each stand on sale last week, then release either another 500 to each team if required or more likely another 1000 to the Dons depending on sales, and if sales were going well ask for extra capacity. Gven the trains are off this could have encouraged a bigger away crowd. 

We've also managed to do offsite hospitality for early kick offs in the past, definitely for Celtic and I think Hearts at O'Conell's. Would 12 days not have been enough to organise this ?

2500 seems like more than enough for us when the game is on TV too.