Annan v forfar ,clash of the athletics

Guest mr_malcolm

Guest mr_malcolm

Can’t believe there’s no thread made for the biggest game in Scotland this weekend . A true battle of the giants .

I’m pretty confident Irvine has us heading in the right direction but no idea what to expect from Annan .

3-0 home win

3 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Can’t believe there’s no thread made for the biggest game in Scotland this weekend . A true battle of the giants .

The giants of Annan play host to the titans of Forfar, making them both seem normal-sized.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Can see us winning this and putting a marker down, for the rest of the teams in the division.  Only team scoring 3 in this game will be the Loons.

1-2.

I am tending to agree with @SlipperyP as I think the Loons will win. Travis will be a miss but I'm sticking my neck out saying 2-0, maybe Gallagher and Slater with the goals.

A three - nil home win and the club house being open would make a very good Saturday afternoon!! [emoji16]

Unfortunately the Club House is not open for this game.

“A note to all supporters should be that unfortunately the social club will remain closed for this match and that no matchday vending will be available. As a club we hope and certainly believe that the restrictions preventing this will be lifted on the 9th August and this would mean that our match against Stirling Albion on the 14th August will see the return of our normal matchday operations.”

Guest mr_malcolm

Dithering on buying tickets for tomorrow , I notice on fan base it has zones at galabank. Are these strictly stay in whatever zone you purchase and which zones best for away fans ?

Dithering on buying tickets for tomorrow , I notice on fan base it has zones at galabank. Are these strictly stay in whatever zone you purchase and which zones best for away fans ?

Zone 4 and 5 and the North end of the main stand are usually for the away fans.

Delighted to be 2-0 up at the break. We've looked uncomfortable at times dealing with long balls but McCallum hasn't had a save to make.

Took us a long time to get the ball under control, plenty of poor touches and miss placed passes but took the lead after the first time we really got down the right.

We were better after that and our 2nd was brilliant hold up play from Aitken and a lovely pass for Shepherd to score with his first touch after replacing McCluskey.

Annan front 3 look lively but they're not very convincing at the back. Think it's harsh for it to be 2-0 but we have had the better chances.

Given how used we've all become accustomed to hilariously bad commentators since lockdown it takes some effort from Annan to find the worst one by a mile.

On 30/07/2021 at 10:09, Bridie Vision said:

I am tending to agree with @SlipperyP as I think the Loons will win. Travis will be a miss but I'm sticking my neck out saying 2-0, maybe Gallagher and Slater with the goals.

Woohoo, got my score prediction bang on! Didn't get the goalscorers correct, but nice to start the season with a win.

Pish poor performance from Annan today. Can't think the Forfar keeper had to deal with anything worth mentioning. Forfar weren't anything special, and without sounding bitter seemed to be more intent on the counter attack. 2 nd goal looked to be blatantly offside but Annan should be playing to the whistle instead of sticking their hands up.

Up front we toiled with Smith playing more of a winger role. Disappointing that subs were left so late, chasing the game at two down should really see some pro active management.

Still 35 games to go but on todays performance it's not looking promising.

Guest mr_malcolm
Pish poor performance from Annan today. Can't think the Forfar keeper had to deal with anything worth mentioning. Forfar weren't anything special, and without sounding bitter seemed to be more intent on the counter attack. 2 nd goal looked to be blatantly offside but Annan should be playing to the whistle instead of sticking their hands up.

Up front we toiled with Smith playing more of a winger role. Disappointing that subs were left so late, chasing the game at two down should really see some pro active management.

Still 35 games to go but on todays performance it's not looking promising.

You sound bitter . We didn’t have to get out of second gear

21 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

That'll do nicely. A good start to the season - an away win and goals from strikers. A positive start to build on.

Yeah, given how bad we have been for nearly two years  it is good to get three points on the board early.

Guest mr_malcolm

Gallagher looks like he’s going to be a cracking loan signing . Lost a bit of control in midfield after he was subbed off . Slater shouldn’t be at this level, Thomson on the right wing looks to be a good find & Matty aitken looks a different player from his last spell. We seem to be pulling in the right direction….. eventually .

Gallagher looks like he’s going to be a cracking loan signing . Lost a bit of control in midfield after he was subbed off . Slater shouldn’t be at this level, Thomson on the right wing looks to be a good find & Matty aitken looks a different player from his last spell. We seem to be pulling in the right direction….. eventually .

Matty was one of our best players in his last spell, clearly a raw talent but caused problems and scored goals. Never got a proper run from Weir (and Malcs) after coming back from injury, utterly bizarre given the pish they replaced him with.