9 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Fans of a club that literally spent itself to death discussing Celtic’s finances. :thumsup2

The latest being that if we didn’t sell players or not make Europe then we would have made losses. Well yes if most company’s discounted their 2 largest revenue sources I would imagine they would make a loss. It’s a rather fucking strange argument that I gave up on.

34 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Fans of a club that literally spent itself to death discussing Celtic’s finances. :thumsup2

I don't think fans of any other club are saying anything different to your own fans to be quite frank. It's a valid discussion when you consider the mess Celtic have been left in.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don't think fans of any other club are saying anything different to your own fans to be quite frank. It's a valid discussion when you consider the mess Celtic have been left in.

On the pitch yes but our finances are still pretty strong tbh which is what HT was alluding to.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

On the pitch yes but our finances are still pretty strong tbh which is what HT was alluding to.

I tend to agree that your finances are still strong, I think the point that was being made is that Celtic have squandered so much money and should be lightyears ahead of where they are now considering their relative spend compared to Rangers and anyone else.

I don't think anyone is claiming that Celtic are in financial difficulty, just that the level of income and subsequent investment in the team has been wasted recently.

47 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The latest being that if we didn’t sell players or not make Europe then we would have made losses. Well yes if most company’s discounted their 2 largest revenue sources I would imagine they would make a loss. It’s a rather fucking strange argument that I gave up on.

Well given you lot have moaned about the penny pinching board for years

Where is this penny pinching, 60mill wage bill, 85mill a year operating expenses, all to win scottish football

Thats some way to describe "penny pinching" 

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

Where is this penny pinching, 60mill wage bill, 85mill a year operating expenses, all to win scottish football

I

Still not as bad as denying liquidation though

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

I tend to agree that your finances are still strong, I think the point that was being made is that Celtic have squandered so much money and should be lightyears ahead of where they are now considering their relative spend compared to Rangers and anyone else.

I don't think anyone is claiming that Celtic are in financial difficulty, just that the level of income and subsequent investment in the team has been wasted recently.

I don't think that's a point any Celtic fan would deny. We have paid a lot of money out for players who just aren't good enough, weren't wanted by the manager or bad loan choices. 

This season we have spent around 12-13 million on bringing players in i reckon which means we are still in a net profit for transfers this season. I think we still need to spend another 20-25 million as we are still short a good 6-8 players however i'm cool with that knowing we will recoup money for Edouard. 

But it needs to be spent better than it has been the last few years on players who can come in and do a job, not long term projects and ineffective loan signings. We may have to rely on some loans but we need to make sure they are right for how we want to play so we don't end up with another Duffy situation

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Its not the ‘penny pinching’ that bugs me though, its the stagnation and lack of planning. 

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

But they aren't, the club costs over 80mill a year to run, 

I would argue Lawwell earning double one year what the highest earning player earns, is taking out waaaaay more than his position does for a company our size.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I would argue Lawwell earning double one year what the highest earning player earns, is taking out waaaaay more than his position does for a company our size.