Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Did I see correctly or were my eyes deceiving me a Hearts player wearing gloves!!!! on the 31st July. What will he be wearing for the Ne’er Day in 5 months time in the Scottish winter?

Penis warmers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Does some of the blame not land at the managers door for trying to play a way that he hasn't got the players for though 

Far be it for me to care, but he's had a couple of preseason friendlies and they haven't been the best, surely he'd be better thinking "f**k it, use what ive got to do what they are best at until i get the guys i need" 

In fairness the back 5 did what they're best at last night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Craigy Fowler off on a fishing expedition

 

 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

What’s he referring too?

Its a poor attempt at trolling tbh. He tried one yesterday about Gordon being let go (he wasn’t ). And whilst I don’t believe in the conspiracy stuff these days, he’s clearly still bitter about the relegation stuff and its shining through in this tweet.

Edited by gannonball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well we're certainly not in the same ludge!

It was just one of these rogue tweets that appeared on my twitter feed and which made me laugh.

Searching through twitter for Celtic fans sounds like a honest  mistake?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Its a poor attempt at trolling tbh. 

It worked a treat tbf. Numerous Celtic fans jumped right on it waffling about Rangers being liquidated not relegated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It worked a treat tbf. Numerous Celtic fans jumped right on it waffling about Rangers being liquidated not relegated. 

Indeed.  They immediately thought 'sevco' - but that's what they do!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It worked a treat tbf. Numerous Celtic fans jumped right on it waffling about Rangers being liquidated not relegated. 

Low hanging fruit really when it comes to us tbh. First tweet wasnt even true and the other doesn't really make sense and comes across as a bit bitter. Don't mind him on the terrace though or their podcasts.

Edited by gannonball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Does some of the blame not land at the managers door for trying to play a way that he hasn't got the players for though 

Far be it for me to care, but he's had a couple of preseason friendlies and they haven't been the best, surely he'd be better thinking "f**k it, use what ive got to do what they are best at until i get the guys i need" 

What they are best at wasn't very good either tbf 😂

No i don't blame him for trying to play the way he wants as the long term benefit should hopefully see better results, the players who are in his plans will be used to the system and those coming in to fit should be able to get up to speed quicker. He needs help, he needs to be able to bring in what he needs in terms of players and staff and have that backing from the board and fans. 

As much as it pains me to say Gerrard kind of done the same thing and took him 2 seasons to build the squad to fit his system and because Rangers fans backed him they are seeing the benefit, we need to kind of do the same

f**k me that stung 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Celtic fans when the get beat are some of the most smooth brained gypes about. 

Having said that, the baldy *** mutant Halliday should've been off for his cowards tackle on McGregor. A really nasty one. 

Taylor was probs onside, but it's close. If I were a Celtic fan I'd be more worries about where the club is going under a shite board. Only could Celtic fans think that there's a conspiracy having just won 9/12 available trophies, getting their own share of scandalous decisions along the way- typically unmentioned.

Big Ange is toast. Not his fault, but he looks a totally broken man already. They are shopping in the wrong markets as well, plenty good, young Scottish players available for comparable fees to what they are spending on guys from other leagues, which is always a gamble. 

Long may their demise continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

What they are best at wasn't very good either tbf 😂

No i don't blame him for trying to play the way he wants as the long term benefit should hopefully see better results, the players who are in his plans will be used to the system and those coming in to fit should be able to get up to speed quicker. He needs help, he needs to be able to bring in what he needs in terms of players and staff and have that backing from the board and fans. 

As much as it pains me to say Gerrard kind of done the same thing and took him 2 seasons to build the squad to fit his system and because Rangers fans backed him they are seeing the benefit, we need to kind of do the same

f**k me that stung 

Completely different with gerrard though, he brought his whole backroom team up with him who were all drilled into the same way he wanted to play (most likely beale organised it tbh) and with that he was able to drill everyone else at the same time, 

Ange has not only to drill this new setup into players who may or may not be able to adapt, but he also has to drill it into coaches he didnt pick who again may or may not be able to adapt, so he's trying to teach a whole club into a system that may or may not work in the long run, 

Also, with Gerrard we got results right away, first season he got us from round 1 to the EL groups without losing, confidence from they results mean the players likely will take to the new system and want to adapt quicker, if celtic keep getting poor results the players are likely going to put less effort in thinking "this isn't working, why are we doing it" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Completely different with gerrard though, he brought his whole backroom team up with him who were all drilled into the same way he wanted to play (most likely beale organised it tbh) and with that he was able to drill everyone else at the same time, 

Ange has not only to drill this new setup into players who may or may not be able to adapt, but he also has to drill it into coaches he didnt pick who again may or may not be able to adapt, so he's trying to teach a whole club into a system that may or may not work in the long run, 

Also, with Gerrard we got results right away, first season he got us from round 1 to the EL groups without losing, confidence from they results mean the players likely will take to the new system and want to adapt quicker, if celtic keep getting poor results the players are likely going to put less effort in thinking "this isn't working, why are we doing it" 

Going to have to disagree a little, I understand the progress made in Europe but Rangers only won 3 of their first 7 league games under Gerrard so 11 points from the 21 available isn’t exactly getting results straight away and let’s be honest it will be league performances Ange will be judged on first and foremost.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

You can only pick one.

SFA conspiracy or shite board. 

 

We’ve been complaining about the shite board for years.

We have even been criticised for it by some

I try not to get worked up about some random tweets from a random online about conspiracy theories to be honest  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Completely different with gerrard though, he brought his whole backroom team up with him who were all drilled into the same way he wanted to play (most likely beale organised it tbh) and with that he was able to drill everyone else at the same time, 

Ange has not only to drill this new setup into players who may or may not be able to adapt, but he also has to drill it into coaches he didnt pick who again may or may not be able to adapt, so he's trying to teach a whole club into a system that may or may not work in the long run, 

Also, with Gerrard we got results right away, first season he got us from round 1 to the EL groups without losing, confidence from they results mean the players likely will take to the new system and want to adapt quicker, if celtic keep getting poor results the players are likely going to put less effort in thinking "this isn't working, why are we doing it" 

The season before Gerrard took over you finished 12 points behind Celtic.  Gerrard closed the gap by 3 in his first year and was further away when the next season stopped.

Gerrard improved things alright, but it certainly wasn't an immediate turnaround into being challengers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Clown Job said:

We’ve been complaining about the shite board for years.

We have even been criticised for it by some

I try not to get worked up about some random tweets from a random online about conspiracy theories to be honest  

I think Celtic fans are quite right to criticise the board. 60,000 ST holders, tens of millions in player sales, a lack of progression in Europe and failing at the first sight of a "strong Rangers."

Got to ask where the money is going, looking at it from an objective standpoint. As an Aberdeen fan, it's pretty funny watching the most smug of supporters cry their wee hearts out every other day, delicious tears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

We’ve been complaining about the shite board for years.

We have even been criticised for it by some

I try not to get worked up about some random tweets from a random online about conspiracy theories to be honest  

I suggest you hire a plane to buzz the stadium towing a banner with a trite slogan expressing your frustration 

 

there’s no way that could fail to be taken seriously and very little risk of it backfiring and making you look like twats

 

go on 

 

you know you want to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

I think Celtic fans are quite right to criticise the board. 60,000 ST holders, tens of millions in player sales, a lack of progression in Europe and failing at the first sight of a "strong Rangers."

Got to ask where the money is going, looking at it from an objective standpoint. As an Aberdeen fan, it's pretty funny watching the most smug of supporters cry their wee hearts out every other day, delicious tears.

Where's the money going? Since gerrard came celtic have spent 180mill on wages and around 50mill on transfers 

Saturdays rangers squad cost 20mill to assemble, celtics was what? 45mill?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Where's the money going? Since gerrard came celtic have spent 180mill on wages and around 50mill on transfers 

Saturdays rangers squad cost 20mill to assemble, celtics was what? 45mill?

I think he is meaning from the profits we have made in the past decade and the huge transfer surplus we have made in that time. Its also incredibly misleading to ignore players sold when when you say we have ‘spent’ 45 million. We would never have needed to make that outlay if we didn’t sell our players.

Edited by gannonball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Celtic fans when the get beat are some of the most smooth brained gypes about. 

Having said that, the baldy *** mutant Halliday should've been off for his cowards tackle on McGregor. A really nasty one. 

Taylor was probs onside, but it's close. If I were a Celtic fan I'd be more worries about where the club is going under a shite board. Only could Celtic fans think that there's a conspiracy having just won 9/12 available trophies, getting their own share of scandalous decisions along the way- typically unmentioned.

Big Ange is toast. Not his fault, but he looks a totally broken man already. They are shopping in the wrong markets as well, plenty good, young Scottish players available for comparable fees to what they are spending on guys from other leagues, which is always a gamble. 

Long may their demise continue.

As I said Before I try and stay away from the conspiracy stuff. The likes our disallowed goal its fractional so I can see why somebody would make that judgment. However the Mcgregor ‘tackle’ is so obvious and blatant that you really do scratch your head in disbelief. The best I can take from that scenario is the ref is like many on our board, horrifically incompetent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...