1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Does some of the blame not land at the managers door for trying to play a way that he hasn't got the players for though 

Far be it for me to care, but he's had a couple of preseason friendlies and they haven't been the best, surely he'd be better thinking "f**k it, use what ive got to do what they are best at until i get the guys i need" 

What they are best at wasn't very good either tbf 😂

No i don't blame him for trying to play the way he wants as the long term benefit should hopefully see better results, the players who are in his plans will be used to the system and those coming in to fit should be able to get up to speed quicker. He needs help, he needs to be able to bring in what he needs in terms of players and staff and have that backing from the board and fans. 

As much as it pains me to say Gerrard kind of done the same thing and took him 2 seasons to build the squad to fit his system and because Rangers fans backed him they are seeing the benefit, we need to kind of do the same

f**k me that stung 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

What they are best at wasn't very good either tbf 😂

No i don't blame him for trying to play the way he wants as the long term benefit should hopefully see better results, the players who are in his plans will be used to the system and those coming in to fit should be able to get up to speed quicker. He needs help, he needs to be able to bring in what he needs in terms of players and staff and have that backing from the board and fans. 

As much as it pains me to say Gerrard kind of done the same thing and took him 2 seasons to build the squad to fit his system and because Rangers fans backed him they are seeing the benefit, we need to kind of do the same

f**k me that stung 

Completely different with gerrard though, he brought his whole backroom team up with him who were all drilled into the same way he wanted to play (most likely beale organised it tbh) and with that he was able to drill everyone else at the same time, 

Ange has not only to drill this new setup into players who may or may not be able to adapt, but he also has to drill it into coaches he didnt pick who again may or may not be able to adapt, so he's trying to teach a whole club into a system that may or may not work in the long run, 

Also, with Gerrard we got results right away, first season he got us from round 1 to the EL groups without losing, confidence from they results mean the players likely will take to the new system and want to adapt quicker, if celtic keep getting poor results the players are likely going to put less effort in thinking "this isn't working, why are we doing it" 

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Completely different with gerrard though, he brought his whole backroom team up with him who were all drilled into the same way he wanted to play (most likely beale organised it tbh) and with that he was able to drill everyone else at the same time, 

Ange has not only to drill this new setup into players who may or may not be able to adapt, but he also has to drill it into coaches he didnt pick who again may or may not be able to adapt, so he's trying to teach a whole club into a system that may or may not work in the long run, 

Also, with Gerrard we got results right away, first season he got us from round 1 to the EL groups without losing, confidence from they results mean the players likely will take to the new system and want to adapt quicker, if celtic keep getting poor results the players are likely going to put less effort in thinking "this isn't working, why are we doing it" 

Going to have to disagree a little, I understand the progress made in Europe but Rangers only won 3 of their first 7 league games under Gerrard so 11 points from the 21 available isn’t exactly getting results straight away and let’s be honest it will be league performances Ange will be judged on first and foremost.

11 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

You can only pick one.

SFA conspiracy or shite board. 

We’ve been complaining about the shite board for years.

We have even been criticised for it by some

I try not to get worked up about some random tweets from a random online about conspiracy theories to be honest  

21 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The season before Gerrard took over you finished 12 points behind Celtic.  Gerrard closed the gap by 3 in his first year and was further away when the next season stopped.

Gerrard improved things alright, but it certainly wasn't an immediate turnaround into being challengers

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

We’ve been complaining about the shite board for years.

We have even been criticised for it by some

I try not to get worked up about some random tweets from a random online about conspiracy theories to be honest  

I suggest you hire a plane to buzz the stadium towing a banner with a trite slogan expressing your frustration 

there’s no way that could fail to be taken seriously and very little risk of it backfiring and making you look like twats

go on 

you know you want to

8 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

I think Celtic fans are quite right to criticise the board. 60,000 ST holders, tens of millions in player sales, a lack of progression in Europe and failing at the first sight of a "strong Rangers."

Got to ask where the money is going, looking at it from an objective standpoint. As an Aberdeen fan, it's pretty funny watching the most smug of supporters cry their wee hearts out every other day, delicious tears.

Where's the money going? Since gerrard came celtic have spent 180mill on wages and around 50mill on transfers 

Saturdays rangers squad cost 20mill to assemble, celtics was what? 45mill?

18 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Where's the money going? Since gerrard came celtic have spent 180mill on wages and around 50mill on transfers 

Saturdays rangers squad cost 20mill to assemble, celtics was what? 45mill?

I think he is meaning from the profits we have made in the past decade and the huge transfer surplus we have made in that time. Its also incredibly misleading to ignore players sold when when you say we have ‘spent’ 45 million. We would never have needed to make that outlay if we didn’t sell our players.

Edited by gannonball

9 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Celtic fans when the get beat are some of the most smooth brained gypes about. 

Having said that, the baldy *** mutant Halliday should've been off for his cowards tackle on McGregor. A really nasty one. 

Taylor was probs onside, but it's close. If I were a Celtic fan I'd be more worries about where the club is going under a shite board. Only could Celtic fans think that there's a conspiracy having just won 9/12 available trophies, getting their own share of scandalous decisions along the way- typically unmentioned.

Big Ange is toast. Not his fault, but he looks a totally broken man already. They are shopping in the wrong markets as well, plenty good, young Scottish players available for comparable fees to what they are spending on guys from other leagues, which is always a gamble. 

Long may their demise continue.

As I said Before I try and stay away from the conspiracy stuff. The likes our disallowed goal its fractional so I can see why somebody would make that judgment. However the Mcgregor ‘tackle’ is so obvious and blatant that you really do scratch your head in disbelief. The best I can take from that scenario is the ref is like many on our board, horrifically incompetent.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As I said Before I try and stay away from the conspiracy stuff. The likes our disallowed goal its fractional so I can see why somebody would make that judgment. However the Mcgregor ‘tackle’ is so obvious and blatant that you really do scratch your head in disbelief. The best I can take from that scenario is the ref is like many on our board, horrifically incompetent.

That's a yellow not a red for me. The officiating was poor the whole game as a lot of dodgy tackles were hardly punished. Soro's challenge on Halliday was more of a red card though.

Edited by DMCs

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think he is meaning from the profits we have made in the past decade and the huge transfer surplus we have made in that time. Its also incredibly misleading to ignore players sold when when you say we have ‘spent’ 45 million. We would never have needed to make that outlay if we didn’t sell our players.

Surely the transfer profits go to run the club no? It costs 85mill a year to run the club, that isnt covered solely on scottish football income 

Hell the year you sold tierney for 24mill you only broke even, and that included a EL last 16 run as well

You talk about players sold, last summer not a player was sold, still in the midst of a pandemic where crowds at football were never guaranteed again, your club spent 13mill on players, paid 2mill to loan duffy and fucked another few mill a year onto a wage bill that was already bloated with unwanted players

I still fail to see how the board havent backed the team, 

Do you blame the board for the likes of ajeti and barkas? 

24 minutes ago, DMCs said:

That's a yellow not a red for me. The officiating was poor the whole game as a lot of dodgy tackles were hardly punished. Soro's challenge on Halliday was more of a red card though.

Think Halliday was already on a yellow though? It just when a tackle is so obviously cynical you truly wonder what the ref is thinking for it not to merit a card. We were just off it regardless though.

20 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Surely the transfer profits go to run the club no? It costs 85mill a year to run the club, that isnt covered solely on scottish football income 

Hell the year you sold tierney for 24mill you only broke even, and that included a EL last 16 run as well

You talk about players sold, last summer not a player was sold, still in the midst of a pandemic where crowds at football were never guaranteed again, your club spent 13mill on players, paid 2mill to loan duffy and fucked another few mill a year onto a wage bill that was already bloated with unwanted players

I still fail to see how the board havent backed the team, 

Do you blame the board for the likes of ajeti and barkas? 

I like you just pick the one transfer window from that season as we recuperated most that money back in the January transfer window. You are cherry picking stuff to try and prove your point but frankly it just doesn't stand up, the accounts over the years prove this. 
The likes of Ajeti, Duffy, Klimala were never going to fit in with the way we play but the board just decided to tread water with a guy was trying to fit square pegs in to round holes. Sticking with Lennon for so long not only fucked us last season, but is carrying over to this season by dragging our heels for so long.

Edited by gannonball

9 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The season before Gerrard took over you finished 12 points behind Celtic.  Gerrard closed the gap by 3 in his first year and was further away when the next season stopped.

Gerrard improved things alright, but it certainly wasn't an immediate turnaround into being challengers

The first season it wasn't but after doing well in Europe we were comfortably a better team than celtc, we were doing better than them in Europe and had the better of them for the Old Firm games. That season we had our January collapse and celtc were gifted the league prematurely, we were definitely challenging at that point. Not quite immediate but the signs of improvement were definitely there after the first season in charge. 

30 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

The first season it wasn't but after doing well in Europe we were comfortably a better team than celtc, we were doing better than them in Europe and had the better of them for the Old Firm games. That season we had our January collapse and celtc were gifted the league prematurely, we were definitely challenging at that point. Not quite immediate but the signs of improvement were definitely there after the first season in charge. 

Arguable, but Postecoglu has inherited a far bigger shambles somehow and probably needs at least 1 full season to try and build a competitive team in the way Gerrard got.  There was never any point in that first season when they looked like they had a shot at the league imo.  Gerrard had the benefit of 2 things - a rock bottom expectation level and being a 'name' which bought him time with the press.

Whether TGFITW accept that position I dunno

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Holiday wasn't on a booking.  I don't think anyone was booked in the game at all

According to “Hearts Stats” on Twitter 

That was the first time since 2009 where we've not picked up a yellow card against Celtic, ending a run of 47 matches.

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I suggest you hire a plane to buzz the stadium towing a banner with a trite slogan expressing your frustration 

there’s no way that could fail to be taken seriously and very little risk of it backfiring and making you look like twats

go on 

you know you want to

‘We deserve better’?

’we hate losing. Sack that fat stubbly Aussie c**t’?

How many letters do you get?