1 minute ago, LincolnHearts said:

Enjoy.

You think that tops our amusement last year?Someone told me earlier that Hearts are the most relegated team in the top division, I'm not sure though but you boys certainly like the seaside.

Just back  in from the game and I've read the thread

Thank you all for your contributions

My observations follow

The first 8 minutes: I was thinking "This looks like being a proper contest, we might well get something out of it" 

The following 46 minutes. We did to celtic what teams kept doing to us last season. Organised Defensively, shut everything down, left Celtic passing along the back, and taking speculative shots from range, Celtic had most of the possession and most of the  chances  but  when we broke the few chances we did have looked more dangerous.  Like Hearts last season it was going to take something special from an individual to make the  break through  dam and it eventually came.

Rest of the match
Hearts were a bit slow at first to  adapt to the change from defending a lead to trying to gain one while obviously Celtic were continuing in the same mode and the next few minutes were Celtic's best at that point  I'd have bitten your hand off for a draw but soon we'd clawed our way back into  contention. 

Ginnelly and GMS had run their socks off and replacing them injected  fresh  pace and Haring meant that  we were competing in midfield again and  ultimately Gnanduilet was the other aerial threat that took focus of John Souttar at the end

Beni Baningime just makes everything better and his  work rate and  commitment  were  immense,  which are the  two things the Hearts support value most. and he injects youthful energy into  what was one of the oldest Hearts squads in years. I  predict that most Hearts Supporters will have learnt to pronounce his name perfectly by September.

His announcement as man of the match was greeted with  universal murmurings of approval from around where I was sitting although that was before Craig Gordon's two big saves in time added  on which meant that there was a valid question  to be asked . 

Had Celtic snatched a point at the end there it would be hard to portray that as a hard luck story but given the we lost a cup final to them on penalties they can hardly begrudge fortune smiling  on Gorgie tonight

In conclusion

Not every  game  this  season is  going to  work out that well and it's daft to read to much  into one result but I think it's safe to say

We're back baby... We're back

18 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You think that tops our amusement last year?Someone told me earlier that Hearts are the most relegated team in the top division, I'm not sure though but you boys certainly like the seaside.

Come on, you lot loved it so much you stayed 3 seasons.

Guest TheJTS98
5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Not every  game  this  season is  going to  work out that well and it's daft to read to much  into one result but I think it's safe to say

Echoes of the Hibs semi last year in Robbie making changes that changed the game when we were on the back foot, and we went on to get the result.

Fair play to him.

Guest TheJTS98
24 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hibs have been a lower league club for half of the last six seasons.

Haha! Nearly. I forgot what year it is.

3 out of 7.

Edited by TheJTS98

Further observations
If Hearts fans are overrating Souttar on insufficient evidence then it would  be difficult to  fault us  for it

From our point of view the fact that his comeback meant that we didn't have to  play Berra or Popescu made a massive, massive difference. Ralston's is the first goal we've conceded with  him in the  team since he  came back

Having Souttar in place meant that we had the kind of defence where shutting up shop and sitting on a lead against the team who finished 2nd last season for 82 minutes was a serious option. 

That said he's played 8 top flight games in 28 months so anybody saying he's definitely good enough or definitely not good enough for Scotland need to at least question their sense of certainty

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Further observations
If Hearts fans are overrating Souttar on insufficient evidence then it would  be difficult to  fault us  for it

From our point of view the fact that his comeback meant that we didn't have to  play Berra or Popescu made a massive, massive difference. Ralston's is the first goal we've conceded with  him in the  team since he  came back

Having Souttar in place meant that we had the kind of defence where shutting up shop and sitting on a lead against the team who finished 2nd last season for 82 minutes was a serious option. 

That said he's played 8 top flight games in 28 months so anybody saying he's definitely good enough or definitely not good enough for Scotland need to at least question their sense of certainty

That's as good a take as you'll get.  He, Baningime and Gordon made the difference tonight.  Speaking as a neutral, of course.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's as good a take as you'll get.  He, Baningime and Gordon made the difference tonight.  Speaking as a neutral, of course.

Baningime was excellent. Sometimes a little sloppy on the ball but absolutely everywhere and really intelligent with his body positioning.