1 minute ago, Frank Sobotka said:

I know we're all high on another hilarious Celtic minter, but let's calm down with the Souttar for Scotland takes.

Barring injury, he'd have clocked up plenty caps.

Souttar>Porteous by a distance.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gordon looked like he was done, from my memory of it. You'd go into games expecting him to hand you a goal, especially with the ball at his feet. Forster completely put him to shame in Gordon's final season.

Celtic wanted a younger, better keeper and rolled the dice that a 37yo wasn't a long term option as number one, something Gordon disagreed with. They got the replacement wrong, but it's easy saying it was a stupid decision to sell Gordon 3 years down the line. At the point nobody was questioning it.

Forster was on loan.  If you're going to ditch a proven quality keeper get a proper keeper signed.

Gordon was having a poor period, not uncommon.

Sign a proper keeper nobody has an issue, they didn't.

Anyway f**k sellick.

Guest TheJTS98

That was fun.

Wasn't surprised by the winner. Bringing on Haring and Gnanduillet made a huge difference to the game and I felt we had the momentum in the closing stages and were more likely to score.

Got away with going so deep for so long. It was a daft thing to do, but very Neilson.

All's well that ends well.

Edited by TheJTS98

That’s Haring changed the game when he’s come on against The Caley and Celtic. Why doesn’t he start for Hearts? Hair jealousy from Neilson or something deeper?

Because you make it sound like we treated him like shite
I’m a big fan of Gordon but some amount of revisionism with him and his last year at Celtic in recent weeks
He wasn’t first choice, when he left Celtic. That’s why he didn’t sign a new contract with us, he wanted to play first team football

From the outside, you brought in a loan keeper you thought you would keep, bumped Gordon for him then offered him a reduced contract to start as a second choice (going by media at the time, which is pinch of salt obvs).

I'm not claiming by any means you were treating him like shite, my point was the situation was mismanaged.

You talk Gordon whatever he needs to hear to stay while you don't have anything else secured. You didn't, for whatever reason.

But Celtic aren't my club, if you're happy with the way the situation was handled and the predicament you find yourself in now, that's all good.

Personally, I think it's funny.

You paid more for Barkas than Rangers did for McGregor, McGlaughlan, Balogun, Kamara, Morelos, Sakala, Davis, Arfield, Jack, Aribo, Wright, Roofe and Barisic COMBINED.

Let that sink in around the mismanagement of the GK situation at Celtic [emoji1787]

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Forster was on loan.  If you're going to ditch a proven quality keeper get a proper keeper signed.

Gordon was having a poor period, not uncommon.

Anyway f**k sellick.

Forster was a good fit for Celtic imho. Cracking keeper.

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That’s Haring changed the game when he’s come on against The Caley and Celtic. Why doesn’t he start for Hearts? Hair jealousy from Neilson or something deeper?

He's an excellent player. Main problem is that, like Souttar, he's fit for about 45 minutes every six months.

starfelt will get the bulk of the focus for his role in the 1st goal + generally being unconvincing, missed it but apparently had a scare with a passback, but that Funuhashi or whatever looks really lightweight, bullied by the Hearts midfield a few times straight away.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Don't think he's ever been quite right/100% since his return from a massive injury lay-off.

If it IS behind him, I'd expect him to start more games than he doesn't this season.

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

You paid more for Barkas than Rangers did for McGregor, McGlaughlan, Balogun, Kamara, Morelos, Sakala, Davis, Arfield, Jack, Aribo, Wright, Roofe and Barisic COMBINED.

Let that sink in around the mismanagement of the GK situation at Celtic emoji1787.png

They paid. a similar fee for Ajeti! 😂

2 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Don't think he's ever been quite right/100% since his return from a massive injury lay-off.

If it IS behind him, I'd expect him to start more games than he doesn't this season.

I didn't watch the game. However, I thought Haring was consistently Hearts' best player before he got crocked.

9 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

So you agree Celtic not keeping Gordon isn't an issue, the issue was replacing him?

He was 37, had been 2nd choice in the previous season, and was demanding to be their first choice.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So you agree Celtic not keeping Gordon isn't an issue, the issue was replacing him?

He was 37, had been 2nd choice in the previous season, and was demanding to be their first choice.

Only replace a proven keeper if you have a better replacement.  Not difficult is it.