Shouldn't this have a match thread by  now?

Nobody is  really sure how good  this Hearts side are by  top  flight  standards.

We were better than Dundee by  a fair distance last season and Dundee were significantly better than Kilmarnock which suggests we were at a standard somewhere around Livingston and St Johnstone in mid table respectability. On the other hand our cup form proved that we were a bit better than Hibs, a bit poorer than Brora and almost as good as Celtic so vastly different  interpretations are  available.

Celtic  on the  other  hand seem to be in some kind of slow burn meltdown. Conventional wisdom used to be that getting one of the old  firm after they've had a humiliating exit from Europe was great timing  but, to be honest, did many of  that squad think they  were going to the  Champions League? How crestfallen and divided can they really be after  that.

Personally I'm just delighted I'm going to be sitting next to my dad at the football for the first time in 16 months, There was a point where  it looked like that might not happen again

A win would  just make things nicer

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Two teams who probably aren't, but could be, in for the kind of terrible seasons their fans are mostly predicting.

It's the best possible time for Hearts to have a go at Celtic so fully expect 5 at the back, 2 holding midfielders and Walker chained to the bench unless we go 2 down.

3-2 Jamie Walker Hat Trick then

Feeling weirdly confident about this, probably lulled into a false sense of security by Celtic's recent poor form. I think if we play on the front foot, Ginnelly, Boyce and GMS can certainly expose what looks to be a particularly weak Celtic defence.

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:
18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:
I have never met a sound hearts fan in my life. And I live in Edinburgh. 

Excuse me most on here are tolerable.

Wouldn’t say I’ve met any of you though 🙂

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

Seems like you're the common denominator

Actually I just don’t have any mates 

Supporters of ten other teams in the league wishing we had them on day one. Doubt Gerrard is worried at all.

Celtic at their worst are still better than most other teams at their best. However, visiting the place the invincibles were put to the sword.

If Hearts bully them it’s a draw. Otherwise 3 points to the bhaddies.

Edited by Kapowzer

A real shame for the handful of half wits who only turn up to Tynecastle a couple of times a season to wave Union Jack and Ulster flags at the Celtic fans that there is no away support for them to taunt and, generally make a prize tit of themselves over.

18-1 to Celtic, Soro to score the lot including an own goal for the team who famously shat it on the final day of the season in 1986.