Kelty Hearts v Cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, KH4 said:

Kelty have been making a limited number of tickets available at the gate for supporters who don't have the means to purchase one online. There are home and away tickets still available on the fanbase app. It's very easy to use so I'd encourage anyone thinking of heading along to purchase tickets online to ensure they get in. 

After the signing of O'Ware yesterday, I think our squad is set perfectly for the season ahead. Ideally, I'd have liked to have seen Biabi and Agyeman get some more minutes to settle in but we we're possibly a victim of our own success in the cup as there was something to play for right up until full time at our last game. If our chances of progression ended sooner we might have had more scope to introduce some of our new/fringe players for longer. 

I'm genuinely excited about tomorrow. When you're a small non league club, there are certain occasions that feel like a big deal, particularly those involving league clubs, or former league clubs. Whilst being a relatively small team in world football terms, I did look forward to the first time East Stirling visited NCP in the Lowland League. It's the same with teams we've faced in cup competitions. I didn't see them as lower league minnows with small followings, but teams at a higher level than mine, with grounds I've always wanted to visit and dedicated, loyal supporters many of whom work extremely hard to keep their clubs going.  I don't want to get all "jumpers for goalposts" but getting to play these historic institutions on a weekly basis is big for a club like Kelty and the village. I think I'm right in saying it's the smallest place with a league club in the country but I'm happy to be corrected on that. 

I've probably spent more time thinking about the fact that Fife now has 5 league clubs than I have about the result tomorrow, but with the greatest of respect to Cowdenbeath I'm expecting a comfortable win for Kelty. I will though be hoping that Cowdenbeath do well this season. 

Hope we both do well, it’s great having Kelty in the league even if it might only be for one season.

15 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

The Manager keeps talking about the Town while others refer to the village of Kelty, so is Kelty a town or a village ?

Might keep me awake tonight !

Not too fussed about the game, just hope it’s a good one. 35 to go after tomorrow.

Now there's a can of worms.

Wikipedia calls Kelty a village with a population of 6000. It also says in another entry that a UK village can have a population of a few hundred up to 5000 although village is also used to refer to small towns.

Historically there are no "towns" in Scotland, just burghs. This takes us into the crazy world of the history of Scottish local government. Cowdenbeath and Lochgelly were both separate burghs, Kelty was not.

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Now there's a can of worms.

Wikipedia calls Kelty a village with a population of 6000. It also says in another entry that a UK village can have a population of a few hundred up to 5000 although village is also used to refer to small towns.

Historically there are no "towns" in Scotland, just burghs. This takes us into the crazy world of the history of Scottish local government. Cowdenbeath and Lochgelly were both separate burghs, Kelty was not.

It’s a conundrum locals would class it as a village.

My uncle used to stay in a place down south which had a higher population than Cowden but was classed as a village, maybe an English thing re the 5000.

As your interested in such things we have the Cowdenbeath Burgh crest on the cover of our programme.

47 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s a conundrum locals would class it as a village.

My uncle used to stay in a place down south which had a higher population than Cowden but was classed as a village, maybe an English thing re the 5000.

As your interested in such things we have the Cowdenbeath Burgh crest on the cover of our programme.

Cowdenbeath and Lochgelly both applied for and were awarded Burgh status.  Kelty at one time considered seeking burgh status - at one time folks used to say Kelty was the largest village in Scotland.  Both Kelty and Cowdenbeath (and Hill of Beath) are located in the Parish of Beath 

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

No Austin. Could make a big difference! 

No needed , Kelty edging it 2-0 in a tight encounter , thought we should’ve been further ahead first half but Cowden tweaked a bit at half time and blitzed us for 15 mins second half , penalty save turned game imo , both Kelty goals were belters 

23 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

No needed , Kelty edging it 2-0 in a tight encounter , thought we should’ve been further ahead first half but Cowden tweaked a bit at half time and blitzed us for 15 mins second half , penalty save turned game imo , both Kelty goals were belters 

Agreed. Deserved win over the 90 but pen save was crucial!

1st half Cowden stood back and admired the Kelty team, only 1 thing that will lead to.

Why it took until half time to decide to press their opponents and pressurise them I have no idea, but it almost worked.

Cant miss chances like those though against the league favourites.

Kelty deserved winners over the piece, our keeper had some good stops.Gave it a good go second half and another day might have got something from it. Cardle a worthy mom though we gave him far too much room. Thompson might h a 've been a better match up for him. Biggest crowd in division s one and two.  Only 242  at Peterhead v Alloa!!!

Game hinged on the pen, the momentum was with Cowden but we lost it when we missed.

A clear foul on Thomson in the lead up to first Kelty goal but can’t expect anything from that Ref.

SPFL got the result they set up so move on to next week and the remaining 35 games.