Kelty Hearts v Cowdenbeath

4 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Kelty deserved winners over the piece, our keeper had some good stops.Gave it a good go second half and another day might have got something from it. Cardle a worthy mom though we gave him far too much room. Thompson might h a 've been a better match up for him. Biggest crowd in division s one and two.  Only 242  at Peterhead v Alloa!!!

No way there was 1200 at Kelty today, all part of the Maroon Hype Machine 

13 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Game hinged on the pen, the momentum was with Cowden but we lost it when we missed.

A clear foul on Thomson in the lead up to first Kelty goal but can’t expect anything from that Ref.

SPFL got the result they set up so move on to next week and the remaining 35 games.

Was surely a foul when Kelty regained possession before their goal.

I’m not 1 for mentioning refs after a game, but there’s no disputing he favoured the home team.

That said, it’s Cowdens own fault for not maybe getting something from the game. Have to score when you get those chances.

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

No needed , Kelty edging it 2-0 in a tight encounter , thought we should’ve been further ahead first half but Cowden tweaked a bit at half time and blitzed us for 15 mins second half , penalty save turned game imo , both Kelty goals were belters 

Aye we took a bit of a battering the 1st half, wee Joe easily MOM. As you say we done well start of the 2nd half, with 2 decent shouts before we eventually got a penalty.

One of those days with Liam having his kick saved we had been doing well, second goal was a killer and gave Kelty breathing space with Cammy having a few good saves.

Not the battering a lot predicted but disappointing in the end after our start to the 2nd half but not the end of the world.

36 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye we took a bit of a battering the 1st half, wee Joe easily MOM. As you say we done well start of the 2nd half, with 2 decent shouts before we eventually got a penalty.

One of those days with Liam having his kick saved we had been doing well, second goal was a killer and gave Kelty breathing space with Cammy having a few good saves.

Not the battering a lot predicted but disappointing in the end after our start to the 2nd half but not the end of the world.

Aye half time tweaking and probably  a roasting and Cowden were a totally different animal start of  second half lucky to get through it unscathed 

51 minutes ago, big al said:

I’m not 1 for mentioning refs after a game, but there’s no disputing he favoured the home team.

That said, it’s Cowdens own fault for not maybe getting something from the game. Have to score when you get those chances.

There’s “no disputing” the ref was biased against Cowden even though he gave you a penalty 😂

Absolute zoomers.

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There’s “no disputing” the ref was biased against Cowden even though he gave you a penalty 😂

Absolute zoomers.

There were 2 decent shouts for handball before we got one mind you.

33 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Aye half time tweaking and probably  a roasting and Cowden were a totally different animal start of  second half lucky to get through it unscathed 

Aye imagine it was a good half time talking to.

If Kelty do end up challenging for promotion I don't expect it to be a one horse race. Ive said as much prior to today, and this match hasn't done anything to convince me otherwise. Most of the games will be tight, and it's optimistic to expect them to grind out results week in, week out. 

Cowden had opportunities today and if that penalty had went in we may have been looking at a different result. That being said I do think the better team won on the day. Cardle was a solid choice for MOTM and I was surprised to see him get as much space as he did at points once it became apparent he was a threat. I've seen Cardle shine in the opening stages of games only to go a bit quiet after teams have made dealing with him a priority. Biabi looked good when he came on. His appearance and Philp moving into midfield helped us turn momentum back in our favour. Excellent play from the two of them for our goal as well. 

Really pleased to have seen our first league match, our first win and first Derby as a league club. Cowdenbeath shouldn't have much to worry about this season and I expect them to continue making progress as well. A good advert for football in the Kingdom today. 

14 minutes ago, KH4 said:

If Kelty do end up challenging for promotion I don't expect it to be a one horse race. Ive said as much prior to today, and this match hasn't done anything to convince me otherwise. Most of the games will be tight, and it's optimistic to expect them to grind out results week in, week out. 

Cowden had opportunities today and if that penalty had went in we may have been looking at a different result. That being said I do think the better team won on the day. Cardle was a solid choice for MOTM and I was surprised to see him get as much space as he did at points once it became apparent he was a threat. I've seen Cardle shine in the opening stages of games only to go a bit quiet after teams have made dealing with him a priority. Biabi looked good when he came on. His appearance and Philp moving into midfield helped us turn momentum back in our favour. Excellent play from the two of them for our goal as well. 

Really pleased to have seen our first league match, our first win and first Derby as a league club. Cowdenbeath shouldn't have much to worry about this season and I expect them to continue making progress as well. A good advert for football in the Kingdom today. 

Good post, it was an excellent advert for our league.