Kelty Hearts v Cowdenbeath

Kelty begin their league campaign with a home game against Cowdenbeath. I expect a very difficult test for Cowden here. I expect Kelty will be too strong for us. I’m hoping for a good performance and giving them a game. We should be better than last season as we are stronger in important areas.

41 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Is this really going to be more difficult than going up to Cove on the first day of the season?

I think so.  Local derby.  I think Kelty will skoosh it on Saturday.  4-1.

Can anyone tell me if walking from cowdenbeath to kelty is doable? I'm coming from Edinburgh, getting train to cowdenbeath, like to walk or maybe there's a bus service?

Can anyone tell me if walking from cowdenbeath to kelty is doable? I'm coming from Edinburgh, getting train to cowdenbeath, like to walk or maybe there's a bus service?

Probably about 30mins walk from Cowdenbeath station. There is a path all the way. Done it plenty times drunk when lived in Kelty

11 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Probably about 30mins walk from Cowdenbeath station. There is a path all the way. Done it plenty times drunk when lived in Kelty

thanks, had a look on google maps, nice to see a path all the way, as you say easily do that distance in 30 mins.

1 hour ago, B75 said:

45/50 minutes from the station to the actual ground at a brisk pace from but it's pretty hilly!

Edited by leomessi1984

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You must be pretty fit. It’s 2.7miles. 

thats nothing. walked 3 miles from Uphall station  to Broxburn last week. Quick question is the north enclosure on the dugout side of the pitch?

1 hour ago, B75 said:

There's a couple of buses an hour: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cowdenbeath+(COW),+Cowdenbeath/56.1349681,-3.3788471/@56.1227622,-3.3795184,4985m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m15!4m14!1m5!1m1!1s0x4887cc60746e16fd:0x480002823f7995a6!2m2!1d-3.343122!2d56.1116661!1m0!2m5!4e2!5e0!6e1!7e2!8j1627740000!3e3

Though if you like to walk, you could stay on the train until Lochgelly and walk to Kelty via the outskirts of Lochore Meadows (about 15 minutes more according to Google).

24 minutes ago, B75 said:

thats nothing. walked 3 miles from Uphall station  to Broxburn last week. Quick question is the north enclosure on the dugout side of the pitch?

Aye both standing enclosures are on the dug out side.

8 hours ago, onecowden said:

Kelty begin their league campaign with a home game against Cowdenbeath. I expect a very difficult test for Cowden here. I expect Kelty will be too strong for us. I’m hoping for a good performance and giving them a game. We should be better than last season as we are stronger in important areas.

Cowden are just there as the carefully selected support act, SPFL resorting to Lowland League fixture manipulation to make headlines.

Get it done, then get on with the rest of the season.

19 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Cowden are just there as the carefully selected support act, SPFL resorting to Lowland League fixture manipulation to make headlines.

Get it done, then get on with the rest of the season.

We’ve had a derby day opener in the past against the Pars in 2012.

They don’t start with derby days too much however.

It would have been more of a benefit to Kelty if it had been in pre covid times as they would have got a far bigger gate than they will get on Saturday.