Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

33 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

Player merry go round, they couldn’t field a team for a cup final due to previous going ons.
Things started to go wrong in league game number 9 🤷‍♂️ on ten points and in all cups bar the Scottish.

You crack on if it makes you feel better, I’ve only dealt with the facts I know of.

Over and out.

A point per league game and regular pumpings with no signs of improvement? We played nobody much in the cups other than Tranent in the senior Scottish.

You've left the debate whilst making no particular point?

if the Buffs strikers had any composure at all last night they could have won. They looked a handy enough side and took the game to Talbot in spells which is a credit to them because it wasn't just another tedious Rourke's Drift reenactment. 

42 minutes ago, Shanner said:

if the Buffs strikers had any composure at all last night they could have won. They looked a handy enough side and took the game to Talbot in spells which is a credit to them because it wasn't just another tedious Rourke's Drift reenactment. 

Missing our two main strikers last night in Collins and Mackin.

McColm has recently returned to the club and finding his feet again. Great engine on the boy.

Never easy going to Beechwood looking for a result, even harder when there's the additional pressure of being in the relegation zone, snatching at good chances.

I don't think we are a bad side, just a side with a defence that's never been settled and it shows.

38 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

A point per league game and regular pumpings with no signs of improvement? We played nobody much in the cups other than Tranent in the senior Scottish.

You've left the debate whilst making no particular point?

I left the debate to avoid a circus, remain respectful, and not shoulder the blame on individuals when there was a lot wrong throughout the club.

as for the point per game again without being disrespectful what’s the current regimes point tally per game ?

Just now, Benny Factor said:

I left the debate to avoid a circus, remain respectful, and not shoulder the blame on individuals when there was a lot wrong throughout the club.

as for the point per game again without being disrespectful what’s the current regimes point tally per game ?

Are you still here? You seem pretty bitter whoever you are.

1 minute ago, funky monkey said:

Are you still here? You seem pretty bitter whoever you are.

Bitter, not at all makes no odds to me whether the buffs stay up or go down but what I did find distasteful was the assassination of a decent guy and a hard working young manager who got some things right and some things wrong and by all accounts did not get the support he needed when it was required.

Gormley had to make a lot of signings as he had around five players still under contract from last season.

Getting so many players to gel would be difficult for any Manager.

Unfortunately as FM said the majority aren’t/weren’t good enough.

One left after around a fortnight (McEvoy), another seems to have disappeared completely but remains on the books (Leitch) and current player left, then returned, once Gormley moved on (McCalman) which was bizarre.

The main thing for me was the playing of players so obviously out of position in numerous games.

Two central midfielders stuck at the back when we had natural central defenders either on the bench or on loan to rivals in the same league! 🤔.

I also think there were too many voices coming from the sidelines with himself and his background team shouting over each other at times.

I wish him all the best but his reign was pretty shambolic.

18 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

Bitter, not at all makes no odds to me whether the buffs stay up or go down but what I did find distasteful was the assassination of a decent guy and a hard working young manager who got some things right and some things wrong and by all accounts did not get the support he needed when it was required.

Assassination? Hardly.

If you don't care wether the Buffs stay up or down, why are you on a Buffs page?

I care about the Buffs more than any passing manager. 

You've clearly got an axe to grind.

I've stated my position on the matter, it ain't going to change because you don't like it.

I hope David Gormley does well at Thorniewood. There's no doubting though that Buffs are in a precarious position because of his work.

11 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

Gormley had to make a lot of signings as he had around five players still under contract from last season.

Getting so many players to gel would be difficult for any Manager.

Unfortunately as FM said the majority aren’t/weren’t good enough.

One left after around a fortnight (McEvoy), another seems to have disappeared completely but remains on the books (Leitch) and current player left, then returned, once Gormley moved on (McCalman) which was bizarre.

The main thing for me was the playing of players so obviously out of position in numerous games.

Two central midfielders stuck at the back when we had natural central defenders either on the bench or on loan to rivals in the same league! 🤔.

I also think there were too many voices coming from the sidelines with himself and his background team shouting over each other at times.

I wish him all the best but his reign was pretty shambolic.

Completely agree with your assessment.

I will add though that the signed players left at the club, Woods, Lewis, Stuart, Millar etc were almost completely ignored by Gormley in terms of team selection. It wasn't until things started to falter did he return to those players, some of the best players at the club.

22 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Completely agree with your assessment.

I will add though that the signed players left at the club, Woods, Lewis, Stuart, Millar etc were almost completely ignored by Gormley in terms of team selection. It wasn't until things started to falter did he return to those players, some of the best players at the club.

Yes, absolutely.

The supporters were crying out for Wood to return to the fold and when he did (away against Rutherglen as a substitute, I believe) he made an immediate difference.

Your post reminded me of one other issue that I had with Gormley.

I found him to really direct his annoyance towards Gavin Millar in matches while the experienced heads of Chris Millar and Kevin Nicol escaped his wrath despite making mistakes of their own.

Good, get it all off your chest gents, anything else ? what about the budget being cut ? what about being told to play certain players ? What about asking for a centre half when it was needed and be told no. What about asking for a goalkeeper when the no 1 got injured and told no 

won’t fit your agenda will it

10 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

Good, get it all off your chest gents, anything else ? what about the budget being cut ? what about being told to play certain players ? What about asking for a centre half when it was needed and be told no. What about asking for a goalkeeper when the no 1 got injured and told no 

You seem to know a helluva lot about it.  Sounds like an insider of the previous regime to me to say the least.  

5 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

No point in trying to defend yourself Gorms 😜as you are the easy target as you are no longer there.

Truth be known the exit of Strain was the beginning of the demise for the Buffs and the Chairman exiting the scene early in the season certainly didn’t help the stability of the club.

9 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

What agenda? 🤔

Budget being cut? If it was, why do you think that would be?

Told to play certain players? Why would that be?

Asking for a centre half? Would that be because he didn't sign a decent centre half when he had the chance, instead recycling the one's he signed on loan to other clubs?

We've already done the goalkeeper situation. It would seem you want to castigate our u20s keeper.

Looked to me that the committee did everything in their power to support the manager.

42 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

I would have played Jordan Stuart, too! 😉.

On 07/02/2023 at 23:04, funky monkey said:

In general he did do a very good job at the Buffs. There were some issues towards the end that caused the committee to act.

In general, under Chris the Buffs started most seasons very well. Come the NY, a pattern emerged where we began to fall away and players ended up leaving for a variety of reasons. Chris seemed reluctant to play younger players too to complete the pathway, he was very protective of younger players.

Chris is doing a great job at Beith, good luck to him. He'll be in the away dugout at Buffs Park this weekend, I'm sure he'll receive a warm welcome.

Just reading this threed. Is Funky Monkey a committee man? 
Blaming Strain Gormely the lot but the Buffs committee punted a guy winning the league and then had a guy Funky monkey was bigging up et the stert o the season. 
I though the buffs wur decent last nicht. 
Gormley was a gid player for years in the juniors and it sounds like Benny ken’s there was interference. The monkey disnae find that funky. 

4 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Just reading this threed. Is Funky Monkey a committee man? 
Blaming Strain Gormely the lot but the Buffs committee punted a guy winning the league and then had a guy Funky monkey was bigging up et the stert o the season. 
I though the buffs wur decent last nicht. 
Gormley was a gid player for years in the juniors and it sounds like Benny ken’s there was interference. The monkey disnae find that funky. 

Eh?