Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

9 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

As long as we keep playing Nicoll the mistakes will keep happening.

To cut him a wee bit of slack, his position chops and changes every week. Right back is hardly his position. He's struggled to show any kind of form all season though.

21 minutes ago, akc16 said:

I thought Funky Monkey's summary was pretty accurate other than the red card. Buffs were better but still too many mistakes in defence. I don't remember either team having too many clear cut chances other than the goals.

Our keeper didn't have much to deal with. A cracking interception when Fowler was clean through.

10 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

To cut him a wee bit of slack, his position chops and changes every week. Right back is hardly his position. He's struggled to show any kind of form all season though.

I thought he was a part of a three-man central defence with Ben and Gavin filling in as wing-backs.

I actually thought he would have been a great signing for us after watching him for Clyde but he’s not impressed me at all.

1 minute ago, Peter Culter said:

I thought he was a part of a three-man central defence with Ben and Gavin filling in as wing-backs.

I actually thought he would have been a great signing for us after watching him for Clyde but he’s not impressed me at all.

Looked more like a RB to me, but you may well be correct. He spent a lot of time trying to get forward down the right. I agree that he hasn't impressed much, gets done for pace and ends up flying into tackles.

The new manager now knows what he's got to do.

Despite competing well, no team ever wins football matches when defending as poorly as we did today. Lost the goals against 10 men as well.

Like or lump it, we are in a relegation battle wether we like it or not.

If we can get a semblance of defence organised, we'll be okay, as the rest of the team is decent enough to see us through this.

Onwards and upwards COYB 🔵⚪🔵⚪

FB_IMG_1676740286756.jpg

18 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

If we can get a semblance of defence organised, we'll be okay, as the rest of the team is decent enough to see us through this.

Suppose if you're looking for positives at least you're playing 10 of your remaining 15 games against clubs in the bottom half of the table. And with two cup games next against lower league teams.

35 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Suppose if you're looking for positives at least you're playing 10 of your remaining 15 games against clubs in the bottom half of the table. And with two cup games next against lower league teams.

I hadn't realised that. It really is up to us then.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

The new manager now knows what he's got to do.

Despite competing well, no team ever wins football matches when defending as poorly as we did today. Lost the goals against 10 men as well.

Onwards and upwards COYB 🔵⚪🔵⚪

FB_IMG_1676740286756.jpg

Thought it was a decent game of football both teams very attack minded for the first hour but pollok with the better chances to score we never really had many shots on target and the pollok keeper had no good saves to be made then the usual last 20 mins just like all season we lose goals for fun as you say we are in a relegation fight and if we dont stop switching of in the last 20minutes of games we could go down.

5 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Thought it was a decent game of football both teams very attack minded for the first hour but pollok with the better chances to score we never really had many shots on target and the pollok keeper had no good saves to be made then the usual last 20 mins just like all season we lose goals for fun as you say we are in a relegation fight and if we dont stop switching of in the last 20minutes of games we could go down.

Much talk in recent weeks of games in hand, but not now, points on the board we need.

Get the defence sorted, a couple of wins and I think we'll be okay. The form we are in we'll need to scrap for every point.

2 cup ties up next, not sure if that's a good or bad thing, cup's have distracted from us concentrating on our league form. 

13 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Much talk in recent weeks of games in hand, but not now, points on the board we need.

Get the defence sorted, a couple of wins and I think we'll be okay. The form we are in we'll need to scrap for every point.

2 cup ties up next, not sure if that's a good or bad thing, cup's have distracted from us concentrating on our league form. 

Might be a good thing it gives the new manager more time to try and get his own ideas into the team and therefore by the time the bread and butter of the league comes back into play we may be better than we have of late.

49 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Might be a good thing it gives the new manager more time to try and get his own ideas into the team and therefore by the time the bread and butter of the league comes back into play we may be better than we have of late.

Fair point. I'd happily go out of both cups to stay in the premier league.

I found that quite bizarre this afternoon.

We were certainly in the game at points but as soon as Pollok went down to ten men we lost the plot.

Threading the ball through the eye of a needle might work sometimes but so might actually hitting the bloody thing!

Trialist ‘keeper as MOTM for me tells you all you need to know about the defence.