Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

If I've worked it out correctly, anything less than a win and Kilwinning are relegated as their goal difference is too much -30 compared to Arthurlie's -17.
A loss means they cannot overtake Arthurlie and a draw means they can only draw level with Arthurlie on points with a -13 of a goal difference with Arthurlie

I don't know but I have a feeling Kilwinning will win against Troon tonight

13 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If I've worked it out correctly, anything less than a win and Kilwinning are relegated as their goal difference is too much -30 compared to Arthurlie's -17.
A loss means they cannot overtake Arthurlie and a draw means they can only draw level with Arthurlie on points with a -13 of a goal difference with Arthurlie

I don't know but I have a feeling Kilwinning will win against Troon tonight

Wouldn't be the end of the world for Troon not to win tonight.

That's us officially relegated.

Our problems this season have been obvious to all, we score goals, but we ship many more. We've just not been able to defend properly, that's the story of our season.

Unfortunately David Gormley underestimated the league and signed too many players that just weren't up to the task 

Chris Aitken arrived and had to work with what was there. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough to work with.

Nobody would have put much money on Buffs being in this position at the end of the season. Plenty of lessons to be learned.

I'll miss the big games, especially against our Ayrshire rivals. Away crowds will be down, standard of entertainment will be down, likely to be watching a poorer quality of football in poorer facilities and poorer pitches.

Still, we have no time to feel sorry for ourselves. Time to regroup in the Summer and make sure we are ready to hit the ground running for the start of what's going to be a very difficult season.

FB_IMG_1683753196344.jpg

19 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

Hopefully that’s the last I see of many of the players.

Faux disappointment at the final whistle from some who haven’t bothered their arses all season.

Only a handful should stay.

Some of those players put on their best performances of the season tonight. At 2 2 it looked like there was only one team who would go on and win it. Sadly, wasn't to be.

Feel sorry for guys like Ben Lewis who bleeds blue and white, but for many of the rest of them, they know they haven't done enough this season.

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Our problems this season have been obvious to all, we score goals, but we ship many more. We've just not been able to defend properly, that's the story of our season.

I noticed that when looking at the table - scored one more than Largs in 6th spot but also conceded 35 more.

Quite saddened to see the buffs go down to be honest and another good grass pitch and good venue lost to our league while we can look forwards to the total joys of the gartcairn astro cage with no toilets and no catering facilities,  I know which club i would prefer to have  in the west premier by a good bit  .

29 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Unfortunately David Gormley underestimated the league and signed too many players that just weren't up to the task 

Chris Aitken arrived and had to work with what was there. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough to work with.

Nobody would have put much money on Buffs being in this position at the end of the season. Plenty of lessons to be learned.

I'll miss the big games, especially against our Ayrshire rivals. Away crowds will be down, standard of entertainment will be down, likely to be watching a poorer quality of football in poorer facilities and poorer pitches.

Still, we have no time to feel sorry for ourselves. Time to regroup in the Summer and make sure we are ready to hit the ground running for the start of what's going to be a very difficult season.

FB_IMG_1683753196344.jpg

Gormley’s team pre Xmas were a better side than what you finished with imo, and would not have lost to half the teams that beat the buffs in the 2nd half of the season.

Out of interest how many that started tonight were Gormley’s signings ?

3 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

Gormley’s team pre Xmas were a better side than what you finished with imo, and would not have lost to half the teams that beat the buffs in the 2nd half of the season.

Out of interest how many that started tonight were Gormley’s signings ?

I'm not sure who you follow, but I watch Buffs home and away on a regular basis. Gormley's demise began in a heavy defeat at Clydebank and went from bad to worse. He had to go.

Tonight I reckon he signed Boland, Marc Miller, McCalaman, Chris Millar, Blair McIntyre and Dylan Mackin who all started tonight.

3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I'm not sure who you follow, but I watch Buffs home and away on a regular basis. Gormley's demise began in a heavy defeat at Clydebank and went from bad to worse. He had to go.

Tonight I reckon he signed Boland, Marc Miller, McCalaman, Chris Millar, Blair McIntyre and Dylan Mackin who all started tonight.

Don’t follow anyone in particular tend to pick games saw buffs four or five times under Gormley Tranent, Pollok, Forfar, and was at Clydebank when it was pretty even until they gave away a penalty down to 10 men and one player sold two goals on top of that, and thought they were a decent side to watch.

Have seen them under Aitken three times and to me they don’t look like a team.

I thought Gormley got rid of McCalman and Aitken brought him back.

1st division will not be an easy league to get out of.

Nothing against The Buffs and obviously a sore one for the support getting relegated.

As a Burgh fan it’ll be great to have two games against them and rest assured, Burgh will take a decent support there like we take everywhere.

As a Burgh fan I have happy memories of a certain ex Talbot player, coming on with the Burgh down to 10 men at 1-1 and scoring a direct free kick into the shed end with his first and only kick of the game 🤣

Wee Billy lapped up the dogs abuse 😳🤣

8 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

Don’t follow anyone in particular tend to pick games saw buffs four or five times under Gormley Tranent, Pollok, Forfar, and was at Clydebank when it was pretty even until they gave away a penalty down to 10 men and one player sold two goals on top of that, and thought they were a decent side to watch.

Have seen them under Aitken three times and to me they don’t look like a team.

I thought Gormley got rid of McCalman and Aitken brought him back.

1st division will not be an easy league to get out of.

You haven't seen enough of the Buffs to form that opinion. You'll find no agreement with me or any of the Buffs regulars.

9 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

Nothing against The Buffs and obviously a sore one for the support getting relegated.

As a Burgh fan it’ll be great to have two games against them and rest assured, Burgh will take a decent support there like we take everywhere.

As a Burgh fan I have happy memories of a certain ex Talbot player, coming on with the Burgh down to 10 men at 1-1 and scoring a direct free kick into the shed end with his first and only kick of the game 🤣

Wee Billy lapped up the dogs abuse 😳🤣

I've followed the Buffs for a long time, but Johnstone will be a new ground for me. Will look forward to visiting 👍.

12 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

You haven't seen enough of the Buffs to form that opinion. You'll find no agreement with me or any of the Buffs regulars.

That’s fair enough, and it’s all about opinions but I played and watched enough to have one and you can’t tell me that they have improved under the new man, unless points and performances don’t count

Gutted at this news and as someone already said totally gutted for Ben Lewis , he will really be gutted at this. Hopefully they bounce back at first time of asking but it won't be an easy task , especially if their is a big turnover on the squad which can happen when teams get relegated. The better players will jump ship to try stay in premier , despite being part of the demise , and those not good enough will be moved on! 
can go either way but hopefully see them back end of season 

Unfortunately if there has been improvement it’s been minimal.

Yes, he’s had to work with below average players but he can still set up a team to defend simple long balls correctly and encourage from the sidelines.

I hear very little from him except for the occasional shout at the referee which gets him into trouble.

3-5 against Petershill, 0-7 against Clydebank and 0-5 against Beith means that the jury is still very much out on him from my perspective.

Edited by Peter Culter

7 hours ago, Benny Factor said:

That’s fair enough, and it’s all about opinions but I played and watched enough to have one and you can’t tell me that they have improved under the new man, unless points and performances don’t count

It's hard to improve when you are having to work with the tools that you've been given. It was impossible to turn that group of players into a winning team. They were in the habit of losing lots of goals and football games. Next season will be the time to judge Chris and the management team, once he's had the opportunity to refresh the squad with his own players and implement his own style and identify upon the team. If you've played the game, watched the game, you'll know how these things work.

7 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

Unfortunately if there has been improvement it’s been minimal.

Yes, he’s had to work with below average players but he can still set up a team to defend simple long balls correctly and encourage from the sidelines.

I hear very little from him except for the occasional shout at the referee which gets him into trouble.

3-5 against Petershill, 0-7 against Clydebank and 0-5 against Beith means that the jury is still very much out on him from my perspective.

Yes the jury is out. We've just been relegated under the manager. We need some stability though, he's gotta be given the opportunity to turn things around, put his own stamp on things.

Two things really hampered us this season, the lack of an an experienced, dominant, vocal centre half and injuries to goalkeepers. If we had sorted both of these issues out, been a bit luckier with injuries, we wouldn't be in this position. However, we are and we've just got to move on and look ahead to next season.