Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

23 hours ago, Crfc1990 said:

Anyone that thinks Kenny Marshall is a footballer should be locked up in a padded cell .

He was great for us lol seen him play for yoker years ago n thought he struggled there, massive step up and he's no good enough for buffs. We were brilliant last night tbh but buffs were poor. I fear for use boys but ull be back use have a cracking set up just need 2 fix the team. 

Mon the papers

On 22/04/2023 at 10:38, Peter Culter said:

I must say.

Aitken isn’t striking me as a very good signing either.

Apologising and coming out with “that’s not how my teams will play” isn’t good enough.

To be fair, his team didn’t play like that again after Petershill..it was even worse last night!

We may as well play without a Manager for the rest of the season as it hasn’t helped us having one!

Has Durrant had much influence on the results - taking warm up and coaching from the sidelines-

since there appointment? Did the pair not work together before?

Results like Friday, when spine of team consists of Millar (x2), Marshall & Mackin, are inevitable.  Serious lack of mobility & work rate.  This is the carbon copy of the Paul Wright season & that took years to recover from.  IMO it's time to write off this season, tell quite a few in squad not to turn up & give the 20's boys a run out, at least they'll give some effort.  Manager has to be given time & get his own players but some of his decisions have been baffling

11 minutes ago, ADR said:

Results like Friday, when spine of team consists of Millar (x2), Marshall & Mackin, are inevitable.  Serious lack of mobility & work rate.  This is the carbon copy of the Paul Wright season & that took years to recover from.  IMO it's time to write off this season, tell quite a few in squad not to turn up & give the 20's boys a run out, at least they'll give some effort.  Manager has to be given time & get his own players but some of his decisions have been baffling

Hopefully a decision on some players can be made this week.

Get them out and move on.

4 hours ago, ADR said:

The lack of mobility and physicality in the team has been a real problem.

Again, it goes right back to David Gormley's recruitment policy. Of all the players that he signed there's only two that I'd keep, Mark Lamont and Blair McIntyre. Perhaps keep Craig Gordon if he can get fit. Other than that I'd keep Jordan Stuart, Thomas Collins, Ben Lewis and Keiran Woods. Gavin Millar a possibility, but he's so inconsistent. These guys were signed before Gormley arrived.

The youngsters that have arrived from the 20s have all looked decent, McMahon, Henderson, Loudon.

That's plenty of players that should be invited to leave any time from now.

It'll take a miracle for us to catch Arthurlie. I hadn't realised how important their last minute winner was at the time, but they'd been wronged by the ref for two legitimate goals before that, we deserved little from the game.

Aitken has to be allowed the opportunity to put his own side together. Can't judge him on having to work with this threadbare squad he inherited.

On 22/04/2023 at 13:24, Peter Culter said:

Slightly off the current topic but I’m taking a guess that Paul Hale and Craig Leitch are no longer with the club?

Craig Leitch is on loan to Glasgow United to the end of the season but is currently injured.

1 hour ago, Peter Culter said:

That will be that then.

We have no chance of winning three out of the next four matches (we’ve only won six league games all season) AND hoping Arthurlie don’t collect any more points.

A massive squad overhaul and some reflection behind-the-scenes required.

Yep, it's all over bar the shouting. I suspected that it was all over after the Petershill game, it's been a rapid demise.

Time to accept our fate. Aitken to stay and construct a side that'll get us going again next season.